Companion pet functioned like hunter pet?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sundrop
Pet Score:487
Realm:Sen'jin-us
Companion pet functioned like hunter pet?

Post by Sundrop » March 28th, 2012, 10:28 am

Just curious, we have beta and the first day or two I was able to pretty much tell Pengu on my panda priest to stay, come, go, attack, defense, everything a hunter pet would do. There was an action bar and everything.

anyone else? glitch? hot fixed?

my boyfriend thinks i'm crazy, but i swear i could do it. now i cant.

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: Companion pet functioned like hunter pet?

Post by Lysi » March 28th, 2012, 2:16 pm

Since the pets will be getting pet battle commands, I'd guess the default pet bar just ended up there as a fluke since the battle commands aren't implemented yet
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Nursie » March 28th, 2012, 2:46 pm

was probably a bug, something to do with wild pets perhaps but i'm not sure seeing as the pet battle system is going to be turn based and won't actually take place in the world itself (it'll look like a zoomed in shot of you, your pet and the wild pet/pet trainer+their pet) and it'll be turn-based.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 28th, 2012, 4:33 pm

Sundrop wrote:Just curious, we have beta and the first day or two I was able to pretty much tell Pengu on my panda priest to stay, come, go, attack, defense, everything a hunter pet would do. There was an action bar and everything.

anyone else? glitch? hot fixed?

my boyfriend thinks i'm crazy, but i swear i could do it. now i cant.
You're not crazy! The hunter-like action bar was present for a couple of days at the very beginning of the beta, but in the beta's most recent update it looks like the hunter bar was removed.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com