Your Favorite 3 pet PVP Teams

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us
Your Favorite 3 pet PVP Teams

Post by Stabya » January 28th, 2013, 8:57 am

I was hoping some of the more experienced PVP Pet Battlers are willing to List their favorite PVP teams.

Usually PVP Teams are paired together based on Abilities that work well together (Darkness Team, Healing Team Ect..)

Several of us are still Levelling Pets and trying to 2 Pet the Trainers, and with the better PVP perks next patch we can use some advice on Pet Comps as PVP will be more rewarding.

Thanks

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: Your Favorite 3 pet PVP Teams

Post by Zaelo » January 28th, 2013, 9:21 am

Team Deepfreeze
Tiny Snowman + Kun Lai Runt + Kun Lai Runt

Team Headshot
Magical Crawdad + Fluxfire Feline + Fluxfire Feline

Team Reflect
Anubisath Idol + Soul of the Aspect + Flayer Youngling

Suspiro
Top Rater
Pet Score:4140
BattleTag®:Loni#1589
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Post by Suspiro » January 28th, 2013, 10:30 am

Team Nightshade
Gilnean Raven + Ghostly Skull + Soul of the Aspects

Zaelo's #1 is also my #2

Team OMG Cheap
Scalded Basilisk Hatchling x3

Tcaveny
Pet Score:2521
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Tcaveny » January 28th, 2013, 10:57 am

For the deepfreeze comps listed above, using the kun-lai run and snowman with a winter's helper is probably a tad better than using 2 runts (since you can spec the snowman into frostnova to handle elementals you run up against and leave the Blizzard to the helper).

The most powerful team I have found with the fewest counters is a solid conflag team:
- Lil Rags (conflag / flamethrower specced)
- Silver Dragonhawk (conflag / quills / flamethrower)
- Searing Scorchling (Scorched earth / conflag)

While the elemental damage is weak against critters, critters don't put out enough damage to contend with these comps (i.e. they are still burned down before they can kill any of the pets so, at worst you trade 1:1). Aquatic damage is also a vulnerability but the silver dragonhawk with quills should destroy aquatics with ease. Also, flamethrower active, you don't have to worry about reflect teams bouncing back conflags at you (it will reflect the flamethrower dot and not the conflag so you aren't hurt badly).

Darkness: I have been running a S/S gilnean raven, ghostly skull, pandaren monk darkness team as well with some good success. Even if the weather gets changed on you, it's still a good comp. You could swap in the soul of the aspects if you like for the monk but I prefer the humanoid damage for the large number of dragons you see in PvP.

Team OP: S/S Flayer youngling with kick, fluxfire feline, blighthawk. Start with the flayer, toy around with him with kick and reflect. Then swap in fluxfire or the blighthawk and start nuking. It's not a very nuianced team but it's very hard to beat if you play your flayer smartly.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » January 28th, 2013, 1:10 pm

Tcaveny wrote:For the deepfreeze comps listed above, using the kun-lai run and snowman with a winter's helper is probably a tad better than using 2 runts (since you can spec the snowman into frostnova to handle elementals you run up against and leave the Blizzard to the helper).
Yeah I've heard of a few variations of that team, but I still like my two Runts because if the opponent doesn't swap pet on stuns, I can go: Deep Freeze, Take Down (double damage), swap, Deep Freeze, Take Down (double damage), swap, etc..

Does tons of damage! But Human players tend to swap more often than not and Tamers all do.. I guess the 2 Runts is more viable when farming wild pets, since those never swap.

First time I hear one with the helper though.. he doesnt even have Deep Freeze... I'd go 2 snowmen + 1 runt before adding the Helper to this team personnally :/