Battletag trading to assist others in pets they may need

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Zheron
MVP
Pet Score:5431
Realm:Burning Blade-us
Battletag trading to assist others in pets they may need

Post by Zheron » January 26th, 2013, 4:05 am

Before I even start this post, I want to just make sure I am clear on one aspect. If I am level 90 and invite another level 90 from a different CRZ to join my party, he/she is transferred to my CRZ, correct?

If so, I think people should start trading battletags. This week I've seen Scourged Whelpling spawns, a Minfernal (that a single guildie that was online didn't have time to reach before horde showed up), Silithid Hatchlings today during a Sandstorm, and Baby Apes.

I basically have a daily quest routine that I follow. During this, I always make sure to fly over areas where these rare pets spawn (well, except for the Baby Ape, but I do check on that one occasionally if it is near the time for the Gurubashi Arena event, as I'm working on that achievement. After doing my Molten Front dailies, I'll quickly fly back to see if a Minfernal is up. It only adds another 30 seconds to my routine, so it is no problem at all. While doing the Northrend battle trainer, I always see if any scourged whelplings have spawned, since I literally fly right over it as I approach the argent tournament. I then take a quick detour to Storm Peaks to see if it is snowing.

All these times, not a single person was on that I could help out and give them an invite so they could tame some of these pets.

I'm alliance. If you want me to inform you if I find any of these rare pets up when we are both online, please, feel free to add my battletag: animal#1402.

I'll broadcast a message to all my friends if I find a rare pet up and anyone who wants in I'll send an invite. Since I play the late late evening to early morning hours, perhaps this would be helpful to some, as like I mentioned before, there are normally nobody online for me to inform that these pets are up and they are just wasted.

Perhaps this is something that others could do as well and we could create a "network" of players helping each other out to get those few rare pets that some people may be missing.

EDIT: If you add my battletag, please put a note that you are looking for pets, even perhaps list specific ones you need if possible. Otherwise I have no way of knowing you from a gold seller spamming friend requests. Thanks

Zheron
MVP
Pet Score:5431
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Re: Battletag trading to assist others in pets they may need

Post by Zheron » January 27th, 2013, 5:09 am

Just found another minfernal on my realm/CRZ but there's nobody online in my guild or any pet collectors friended who I can invite...

Khema
Pet Score:2732
Realm:Blackwater Raiders-us

Post by Khema » January 27th, 2013, 6:05 am

i have tried to determine how they decide who gets put on who's server and all i can say is there is no guarantee. i have seen rares that i needed help killing and tried to invite my son over and it would put me on his server every single time. then there was times i would invite him and it would put him on mine. same with other friends of mine. i dunno if it is like just a random roll of the dice or what. very frustrating but it is a good idea. what worries me about it is that if you try this and fail repeatedly to pull somebody to your server will tempers flare? i know it did for my daughter .. we tried so hard to pull her to a different server for a whelp. i can say one thing that seems to help from what i've seen.. if you for example are on server A your friend is on server B but you invite somebody else from server A to your party FIRST.. it seems if there is more then one person it helps to insure the other is put to your realm. not always.. so still a gamble.. but it does seem to work more often then not. or at least in my experience.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » January 27th, 2013, 10:26 am

I'd love to do that, but sadly I'm not on the US servers.
Thanks again for the segregation, Blizzard. :P

Angel_02
Top Rater
Pet Score:8050
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Angel_02 » January 27th, 2013, 6:21 pm

Thats a really nice thing you are doing, do you know if people have to be the same level as you to be brought to you realm through bnet friend invite?

If they don't i might be able to help with scourged whelping on venture co since i just got mine and now i'm leaving the 58 dk out there just in case