Most Underrated pets.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Darkke
Top Rater
Pet Score:7826
Realm:Daggerspine-us
Re: Most Underrated pets.

Post by Darkke » January 24th, 2013, 2:03 pm

Zaelo wrote:I know Flyers have a great speed boost while over half HP, but with abilities like Alpha Strike and Cocoon Strike.. wouldn't more Speed still be preferable on Moths?
Yellow Moth has 244 speed as a (P/P), which the flying family bonus boosts to (244 * 1.5) = 366.

My thinking is, there are only 5 pets that can outspeed this guy at 50% or higher (discounting other flying pets). Otherwise, he gets the first attack in against the enemy. Here are the 5 pets that outspeed this guy.

Zergling (magic based attacks but also VERY rare.)
Cheetah Cub
Sapphire Cub
Mongoose
Aqua Strider

I'm not a big fan of Cocoon Strike, since it seems to only absorb one hit, as opposed to giving blanket immunity for a turn (or two). Really though, that's a problem with all of the moths. The biggest benefit of this move is absorbing a powerful magic attack. I see this guy as being a fast heavy hitter, and if you're lucky with sleep dust, you can get an extra turn of sleep out of the deal.

He's kinda playing off of the idea that "Every point of speed past the 1 point that makes you faster than your opponent is wasted".

Byntaran
Pet Score:2762
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Byntaran » January 24th, 2013, 2:17 pm

Cat.
Plain old cat.
Fast, 25% damage reduction.
Devour.

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » January 25th, 2013, 8:29 am

I'm looking for a rabbit, I want to know which is the hardest hitting rabbit with 300+ speed. (rare at lvl 25)

I've seen a lot of tables of various pets but not exactly sure how to manipulate the data to find out this information. Anyone know from experience?

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » January 25th, 2013, 10:55 am

The rabbits are all identical (outside of darkmoon) so it comes down to breed. S/S has 1400 HP, 228 Power and 358 Speed. If you're looking to increase power while keeping speed over 300, H/B will get you there at 1546/241/306.

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » January 25th, 2013, 12:52 pm

Ysabell wrote:The rabbits are all identical (outside of darkmoon) so it comes down to breed. S/S has 1400 HP, 228 Power and 358 Speed. If you're looking to increase power while keeping speed over 300, H/B will get you there at 1546/241/306.
Before you responded I went through all 15 rabbits listed on this site (well, I skipped the darkmoon one because I doubt i'll ever get that) and you're right, almost all of them are identical with the variations being the breed id. Well, except for one.

The Grasslands Cottentail is different. It's very slow but hits harder. The only way to get a version that is faster than 300 speed is to get the breed 5 (S/S). Then it's stats are 1400 health, 260 power and 325 speed.
Since I'm told that everything over 300 speed is wasted lets let the 325 speed and the 305 speed cancel each other out.
Is it worth the 20 extra power to drop the 146 health?

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » January 25th, 2013, 1:10 pm

Good catch! A big selling point on rabbits is their ability to evade bigger hits so the lower HP isn't as much of a trade off as it is on pets that have to soak their way through it. Probably mostly comes down to personal preference.

Cabadath
Pet Score:2577
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Post by Cabadath » January 25th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Hare/rabbits which I have aquired after going through all types and breeds:

-[pet][breedID/breedID]: [health/power/speed]
-Tolai hare pup [12/22]: 1546/240/305 (h/p/s) -> nice vs the thundering spirit tamer (thanks to warpets|info). There are several hares/rabbits with identical attributes, but I chose this one because of it having a high level to begin with.
-Grasslands cottontail [5,15]: 1400/260/325
-Grasslands cottontail [7,17]: 1546/289/260 (not too sure about this one though, as the low speed counters the whole point of my use of rabbits, which is dodge go avoid 2 attacks).

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » January 25th, 2013, 2:18 pm

Bonhomous wrote:Since I'm told that everything over 300 speed is wasted...
There's no absolute cutoff for speed: it depends entirely on your opponent's speed. In PvE you can pick and choose pets to beat their speed by small amounts so as not to waste other stats. In PvP you have to take a calculated risk. There's lots of popular PvP pets in the 300-325 range, so that speed is definitely not wasted, especially for a rabbit that relies so heavily on going first.