Darkness Team - Tips

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us
Darkness Team - Tips

Post by Stabya » January 21st, 2013, 1:26 pm

I have been hearing references to a Darkness Team, and was wondering how those of you who run one, put it together.

I am guessing having at least one Pet who has Nocturnal Strike, that is buffed by Darkness.

Is one pet who can call darkness enough? Or should you have two (such as Scourged Whelpling/Feline Familiar) to ensure counters to weather changes

If anyone running a darkness team with good success, doesnt mind posting tips/pets, I'd be grateful - thanks

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Darkness Team - Tips

Post by Tahsfenz » January 21st, 2013, 6:40 pm

I'd be interested in this too. I just started leveling my S/S raven and I love it. Would love to see what people are teaming it with.

Varda
Pet Score:1917
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Varda » January 21st, 2013, 7:13 pm

I've been pvping darkness since early januari. I usually win at least 4 out of 5 games. You often get the upper hand quickly with this team.

I use Ghostly Skull with my raven, and Feline Familiar for backup Darknessand Prowl.

Unless there is magic spells in the enemy team I open with crow/raven. Skull is good at soaking damage and is good to throw against reflection pets (which are usually humanoid).

The success of this teams is much thanks to that many ppl PvP with dragonkin and humanoid.

Raven > Aquatic, Dragon
Skull > Humanoid, Flying
Cat > Critter, Dragon, Anything without one-shot counters. :)

Mechs is still pain.
Elementals might require planning.

Raven and Cat has low health, which is the teams main weakness. But Skull wear most of the enemy damage out.

Tcaveny
Pet Score:2521
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Tcaveny » January 22nd, 2013, 11:13 am

I have been running S/S Gilnean Raven, Ghostly Skull, and Pandaren Monk with good success. I typically open with the raven to get Darkness going obviously and then swap him out after he uses his nocturnal strike. The ghostly skull wrecks obviously with spectral strike followed by ghostly bite. I went with the monk for my 3rd for 2 reasons: The guaranteed stun with Fury of 1000 fists was crazy good and staggered steps gave me a good counter to Fluxfire (supercharged wind-up hits for ~800 with staggered steps active).

I like the idea of the Feline Familiar for a Darkness back-up but I just don't know how to not get blasted then by those fluxfires you see so often now. Does prowl + Call Darkness deal enough damage to one shot the fluxfire? (at least kill it the first time so the racial kicks in?) If so, I may have to give it a shot.

The good thing about this comp is that while Darkness definitely helps the team, the team is not overly weather dependent at the same time. You can still be effective and dish out some serious pain even if the weather is changed on you.

I think the only other serious pet for a Darkness team would be Soul of the Aspects (brings a reflect plus surge of light for a stun) but I haven't tried him out extensively to report on how effective he can be.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » January 22nd, 2013, 6:39 pm

I would think a feline familiar would get torn apart from a fluxfire, even without the supercharge. Other than that, may be good.

Varda

Post by Varda » January 23rd, 2013, 5:34 pm

Tcaveny wrote: I like the idea of the Feline Familiar for a Darkness back-up but I just don't know how to not get blasted then by those fluxfires you see so often now. Does prowl + Call Darkness deal enough damage to one shot the fluxfire? (at least kill it the first time so the racial kicks in?) If so, I may have to give it a shot.
Yes. Prowl + Darkness does 1282,5 damage normaly. FFF has 1237 hp.

Varda

Post by Varda » January 23rd, 2013, 5:41 pm

Tahsfenz wrote:I would think a feline familiar would get torn apart from a fluxfire, even without the supercharge. Other than that, may be good.
Yes. one on one, Feline will lose in 2 rounds (Wind-Up). And if Feline uses Prowl she looses speed, and the enemy goes first.
I wouldn't use Feline against Fluxfire.