Creepy Crate... worst pet?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Knotrandall
Pet Score:4912
Realm:Maelstrom-us
Creepy Crate... worst pet?

Post by Knotrandall » January 18th, 2013, 2:21 pm

I stoned and leveled up my Creepy Crate to 25 and I have to say that he is by far the worst pet that I've battled with. His abilities seem neat on paper, death grip, agony and bonestorm, but they are pretty disappointing in action. Bonestorm is downright pitiful, it occasionally does more damage to myself than to the enemy (~55-65 damage to each pet, 172 damage to myself). Agony does decent damage (~420 average) but it's spread out over 3 rounds as a DoT. Deathgrip only hits for about 225. Curse of doom is the biggest damage ability at 560 but it takes a whopping 5 rounds to see it.

Overall this pet is just waaaaaaay too weak compared to any other pet out there and I can't see any situation where I'd use it.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: Creepy Crate... worst pet?

Post by Zaelo » January 18th, 2013, 2:31 pm

But BONESTORM is the only ability written all in caps! It has to be the best!! hahaha

No, seriously, beside my Scourged Whelpling and Lil' K.T., I have a hard time liking any other Undead pet.... :cry:

Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us

Post by Notamonk » January 18th, 2013, 3:39 pm

If you don't want your creepy crate I'll take it off your hands! ;) lol

Hey don't forget Mr.Bigglesworth Zaelo!!!!

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » January 18th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Notamonk wrote:Hey don't forget Mr.Bigglesworth Zaelo!!!!
Oh yeah!! I haven't looked much into pets that I don't have yet
And I'm still waiting on the f*** stitched pup to drop... the only one Im missing for Mr Bigglesworth.. I run it twice weekly but still hasn't dropped :/
Also maybe that stitched pup is a decent undead too.. now Im curious, gonna have to look those two up hehe

Edit: Yeah, they're alright.. Mr Bigglesworth makes me think of Lil' K.T. ;)

Knotrandall

Post by Knotrandall » January 18th, 2013, 5:32 pm

Zaelo wrote: And I'm still waiting on the f*** stitched pup to drop... the only one Im missing for Mr Bigglesworth.. I run it twice weekly but still hasn't dropped :/
Tell me about it... I've ran Naxx every week since the pets were introduced and still haven't gotten the Giant Bone Spider. I haven't seen Untamed Hatchling drop either but I had a guildie who traded it to me for an extra Death Talon Whelpguard that I had.

And while we're on the subject of crappy drop rates, I had to have done the Pandaren Water Spirit more than 30 times now and still haven't gotten that pet (got 3 fire ones though...). There's more than a 98% chance that I should have seen it by now :(

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » January 19th, 2013, 2:20 pm

Knotrandall wrote:
Zaelo wrote: And I'm still waiting on the f*** stitched pup to drop... the only one Im missing for Mr Bigglesworth.. I run it twice weekly but still hasn't dropped :/
Tell me about it... I've ran Naxx every week since the pets were introduced and still haven't gotten the Giant Bone Spider. I haven't seen Untamed Hatchling drop either but I had a guildie who traded it to me for an extra Death Talon Whelpguard that I had.

And while we're on the subject of crappy drop rates, I had to have done the Pandaren Water Spirit more than 30 times now and still haven't gotten that pet (got 3 fire ones though...). There's more than a 98% chance that I should have seen it by now :(
the bone spider finally dropped for me last week, hope you get some good luck soon!
im surprised about the water spirit though, ive gotten several of each ones.. stopped doing them cause they stopped selling :(

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » January 19th, 2013, 3:24 pm

Knotrandall wrote:I stoned and leveled up my Creepy Crate to 25 and I have to say that he is by far the worst pet that I've battled with.
I suppose you havent battled with a Mini Mindslayer yet? ^^
Knotrandall wrote:And while we're on the subject of crappy drop rates, I had to have done the Pandaren Water Spirit more than 30 times now and still haven't gotten that pet (got 3 fire ones though...)
RNG is a bitch... took ages till today for the first time I saw a fire spirit drop in my bag...

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » January 19th, 2013, 3:30 pm

Zaelo wrote:But BONESTORM is the only ability written all in caps! It has to be the best!! hahaha

No, seriously, beside my Scourged Whelpling and Lil' K.T., I have a hard time liking any other Undead pet.... :cry:
I'm actually quite disappointed that Bonestorm is not better. If we finally get a Lil Marrowgar at some point, his iconic ability might not be worth using!

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » January 21st, 2013, 2:52 am

I agree completely on how useless this guy is. I wanted to try a full Death Grip team, but he just kind of made it not fun.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Ratshag
Pet Score:6591
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Ratshag » January 22nd, 2013, 12:51 pm

I'm pretty certain that the coefficients for BONESTORM were entered incorrectly when it was initially coded up. Like the damage was supposed to be 150% of base damage instead of 75%, or something like that. It's so much worse than every other attack in the game, I can't think of any other explanation. Tweeted Mumper about it, but didn't get a reply.

Knotrandall

Post by Knotrandall » January 22nd, 2013, 1:05 pm

Ratshag wrote:I'm pretty certain that the coefficients for BONESTORM were entered incorrectly when it was initially coded up. Like the damage was supposed to be 150% of base damage instead of 75%, or something like that. It's so much worse than every other attack in the game, I can't think of any other explanation.
I suspected the same thing. For an ability that does 172 damage to yourself, the damage to the other team would have to be much higher than that to make it worthwhile (like Stone Rush). It also has a 3 round cooldown which makes me believe that it should be more powerful.

Mawder
Pet Score:2555
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Mawder » January 22nd, 2013, 11:15 pm

I agree...I think I posted the same thing in the Blizzard forums :) BONESTORM is terribly designed for a marque ability. It even fails for a normal ability.

I hope they do some tweaking at some point.