Darkmoon crow

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kandace
Pet Score:5575
BattleTag®:kandace#1519
Realm:Turalyon-us
Darkmoon crow

Post by Kandace » January 11th, 2013, 4:47 pm

Whats the best breed for the crow on darkmoon island? I've just about given up on finding a rare, but I did get a flying stone drop in my tamer daily bag so I'd like to upgrade one of my uncommon crows. Just not sure which breed I should be stoning. I currently have a p/s and another that is p/b. Are either of these worth a stone or should I be looking for a different breed?

Thanks!
Kandace

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: Darkmoon crow

Post by Zaelo » January 11th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Mmm, I should have looked at this pet more carefully, I like his skill set! Gonna have to get myself a rare one and level him :)

He's got Alpha Strike, and you know you'll have to use it while you wait on Call Darkness/Nocturnal Strike cooldowns (assuming you're going with these abilities, which sounds best to me). So more Speed would be a plus, but on the other hand, being a Flyer, he most likely won't need it as long as he's over half HP. Mmm.. hard to decide which Breed would be best!

8/18 would get my vote I think, 289 speed at 25, so above average speed even once he's been taken below half hp, and 289 power for a little more firepower... Or 5/15 if you want to ensure you're (almost) always going first.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » January 11th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Kandace wrote:I currently have a p/s and another that is p/b.
If you're going to blow a stone on one, I'd choose the P/S.
I wanted a P/S, but I ended up settling for a rare S/S that I caught.
Since I already stoned my Gilnean Raven, I didn't see much point in stoning another.
ImageImage

Lisanette
Top Rater
Pet Score:6418
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Lisanette » January 12th, 2013, 7:24 pm

It comes in four breeds: B/B, S/S, P/S and P/B.
I always go for power, and I dont like speed that much - prefer more health. So I would choose P/B.
I <3 my Wolfie
[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anwxfm9jABocdDItb1N6QlhvbnMzQVVHQWgtOVBnWFE]Google-doc with all breeds and ability sets[/url]
[url=http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151106511417504.417452.700887503&type=3]Facebook photoalbum with pet-related stuff[/url]