Share pet collecting news and advice.
Vegi
Top Rater
Pet Score:4867
BattleTag®:Vegi#2131
Realm:The Maelstrom-eu
Gilded Moth

Post by Vegi » October 8th, 2012, 3:02 am

Ok, have BIG problems with that.I'm phased, I can only see a group of otters in the north and sometimes a frog in the pools in the Vale. Tried to bring my 85 level alt which obviously haven't done quests there, but nothing - the alt can't see ANY pets in there. Any advice? How did you get yours?

Misthunt3r
Pet Score:2327
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: Gilded Moth

Post by Misthunt3r » January 10th, 2013, 2:41 am

I have like totally other problem - the only Gilded Moths I've met are in the mountain on the border of Vale and Kun-Lai. The problem is they are literally in the mountain. They fly inside through the "wall" of the mountain way to high to battle them. Battling those near the top is impossible because of idiotic terrain requirements to start pet battle. So any advice how can I get one of those Moths?

Wat
Pet Score:2473
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Wat » January 10th, 2013, 3:00 am

sometimes a few can be found near aki.

and they can be secondary pets to the other spawns in the vale.

Byntaran
Pet Score:2762
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Byntaran » January 10th, 2013, 5:00 am

Misthunt3r wrote:I have like totally other problem - the only Gilded Moths I've met are in the mountain on the border of Vale and Kun-Lai. The problem is they are literally in the mountain. They fly inside through the "wall" of the mountain way to high to battle them. Battling those near the top is impossible because of idiotic terrain requirements to start pet battle. So any advice how can I get one of those Moths?
DK + Tranquil Grip or Gorefiend's Grasp?

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » January 10th, 2013, 5:05 am

I killed off the non-pet battle versions and waited for the respawn. There's 3 packs of three between Aki and the horde base and Mogu'shan Palace. I kept AoEing them until they spawned as battleable, then fought them until I found a rare.

The packs of three are identical, so if you finally ge a rare, there'll be two more identical rares which you can tell your friends to come and catch :p

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » January 10th, 2013, 5:08 am

Thought I'd also share this from Gwenolyn;
Gwenolyn wrote:The 3 groups that spawn, are all the same quality. If you battle 2 and mark one with a raid symbol but leave it up, they will automatically respawn as that particular pet. So when you come back to that group, the two unmarked ones will be new quality/combo of added pets, but the same primary pet type. You have to mark one, so you know which one is the remnant of the old group. This makes farming for a rare easier. I've heard it used mostly on the gilded moth 3 groups (so they will spawn as battle pets instead of critters each time, but you will automatically get a new quality).

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » January 13th, 2013, 2:03 am

I don't think gilded moths can be secondary pets. Maybe you are thinking of a different moth?

Jimbodan
Pet Score:8469
BattleTag®:jimbodan#1642
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Post by Jimbodan » January 14th, 2013, 4:02 am

Gromagrim wrote:Thought I'd also share this from Gwenolyn;
Gwenolyn wrote:The 3 groups that spawn, are all the same quality. If you battle 2 and mark one with a raid symbol but leave it up, they will automatically respawn as that particular pet. So when you come back to that group, the two unmarked ones will be new quality/combo of added pets, but the same primary pet type. You have to mark one, so you know which one is the remnant of the old group. This makes farming for a rare easier. I've heard it used mostly on the gilded moth 3 groups (so they will spawn as battle pets instead of critters each time, but you will automatically get a new quality).

This worked like a charm, thanks!

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » January 14th, 2013, 2:36 pm

Gwenolyn wrote:I don't think gilded moths can be secondary pets. Maybe you are thinking of a different moth?
This is the last rare that I need from the Vale. I can attest to not having found any as secondary pets. :cry:

Safina
Top Rater
Pet Score:8336
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Safina » January 16th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Jimbodan wrote:
Gromagrim wrote:Thought I'd also share this from Gwenolyn;

This worked like a charm, thanks!

yes this works. That is how I got the rare I have =D.

Misthunt3r
Pet Score:2327
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Misthunt3r » January 17th, 2013, 3:30 am

Still can't "make them" spawn in any place that I can actually battle them :(

Bloodyfields
MVP
Pet Score:3152
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Bloodyfields » February 5th, 2013, 12:32 pm

Rarely have I seen them as secondary pets but have seen spawns while lvling pets between Aki and both the horde and Ally bases. Usually spawn in groups of 3.
Proudly serving as Guild Master of Magical Menagerie.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » February 5th, 2013, 12:46 pm

There should be some spawns points for gilded moths that anyone who can enter the Vale can see. If you're still having trouble, then do the quest chains there to unphase more areas. Ah, what we collectors do for our pets! :mrgreen: