Finding Duplicates

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Amphibdoc
Pet Score:4966
Realm:Khadgar-us
Finding Duplicates

Post by Amphibdoc » January 9th, 2013, 9:35 pm

My apologies in advance if this has been asked before. I searched through the forums and couldn't find an answer.

Is there an easy way to find duplicate pets in your journal?

I don't like to keep doubles normally but sometimes when I capture an upgraded pet I forget to release the old one. It's not bad if you only have a few pets but once you get hundreds then scouring through the list for duplicates is very tedious.

Anyone have any tips for finding dupes?

Jordicus
Top Rater
Pet Score:2793
Realm:Arygos-us

Re: Finding Duplicates

Post by Jordicus » January 9th, 2013, 9:38 pm

if you are already using the Pet Journal Enhanced addon, you can filter your list to only show you pets which you have more than one of....

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » January 9th, 2013, 10:50 pm

Pet Journal Enhanced has the feature built-in, which I use quite a bit.

Alternately, you could use Personal Pets at PetSear.ch and see what duplicates you might have manually.
ImageImage

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » January 10th, 2013, 12:49 pm

I use Pet Journal Enhanced and sort alphabetically..this makes it really fast to see duplicates in a species.

Eeekk
Pet Score:1722
Realm:Bonechewer-us

Post by Eeekk » January 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Normal pet journal should let you sort it by name or type and it will put all the same pets next to each other. It will however split it into 2 list. Favorites and not. I stopped using enhance pet journal when it wouldn't list all my pets and I couldn't release some poor quality pets. I haven't bothered going back to it since then.

Jordicus
Top Rater
Pet Score:2793
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by Jordicus » January 10th, 2013, 1:53 pm

Eeekk wrote:I stopped using enhance pet journal when it wouldn't list all my pets and I couldn't release some poor quality pets. I haven't bothered going back to it since then.
that only happened when 5.1 came out and the Battle Pet API was changed by blizzard. the author updated the addon within a day and it has worked since with no problems..