Oracle Hatchling / Wolvar Pup

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mawder
Pet Score:2555
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Oracle Hatchling / Wolvar Pup

Post by Mawder » January 8th, 2013, 12:59 am

Why can't these be caged but the other Children's Week pets can? Is it a known issue to be fixed or stated worked as intended?

Ryushii
Pet Score:2195
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Oracle Hatchling / Wolvar Pup

Post by Ryushii » January 8th, 2013, 1:04 am

Those two aren't from children's week. they are from reputations in sholazar basin.

Suspiro
Top Rater
Pet Score:4140
BattleTag®:Loni#1589
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Post by Suspiro » January 8th, 2013, 1:19 am

Ryushii wrote:Those two aren't from children's week. they are from reputations in sholazar basin.
They are from Children's Week at least according to the journal and according to my memory.

Ryushii
Pet Score:2195
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ryushii » January 8th, 2013, 4:39 am

Huh, well, shame on my memory. I coulda swore they were from the rep. My mistake.

Sason
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Sason » January 8th, 2013, 12:33 pm

Yep from childrens week in dalaran think you need rep to get it opened though but not even sure, its been too long. Maybe they dont want you to trade/sell there children.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » January 8th, 2013, 12:39 pm

I don't believe Rep has anything to do with these pets at all. I have both and have am hated with the Wolvers on all characters. I've only ever done the Oracle quests.

I agree with Sason though, it probably has to do with those pets being classified as "Humanoid" and thus selling children could be construed as incredibly politically incorrect.

Mawder
Pet Score:2555
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Mawder » January 8th, 2013, 5:18 pm

Wouldn't battling "children" to the death be a bit worse?
Talmar wrote:I don't believe Rep has anything to do with these pets at all. I have both and have am hated with the Wolvers on all characters. I've only ever done the Oracle quests.

I agree with Sason though, it probably has to do with those pets being classified as "Humanoid" and thus selling children could be construed as incredibly politically incorrect.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » January 9th, 2013, 11:02 am

I agree Mawder. It is. However, my explanation is the only one I could think of as to why we can't cage and sell them.

Personally, I stress to my children, one 10 the other 16, that there is no such thing as death in WoW. We don't kill anything, anywhere, ever. We just simply knock them out much like a boxing match. WoW is full of KO's. I showed my youngest this by knocking out a generic mob out in the world and then poof, he's back to try and whoop on me again.

Why do you think we can't trade/sell those two pets?

Golzhul
Pet Score:2169
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Golzhul » January 9th, 2013, 7:11 pm

Talmar wrote:I agree Mawder. It is. However, my explanation is the only one I could think of as to why we can't cage and sell them.

Personally, I stress to my children, one 10 the other 16, that there is no such thing as death in WoW. We don't kill anything, anywhere, ever. We just simply knock them out much like a boxing match. WoW is full of KO's. I showed my youngest this by knocking out a generic mob out in the world and then poof, he's back to try and whoop on me again.

Why do you think we can't trade/sell those two pets?

But isn't that a bit harsh?

I mean, WoW is full of death, or at the least, references to death, but it's virtual, best to let your kids see the difference between virtual and reality before they decide to 'knock-out' a generic kid on the street and waiting for him to respawn ;) .

Anyhow, both are from the Children's Week event, offered by a matron near the fountain in Dalaran.