Ideal species and breeds

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us
Ideal species and breeds

Post by Catalytic » January 7th, 2013, 12:16 am

What are your ideal species and breeds for your level 25 teams? I didn't know about breeds until I already had ~75 level 25s, and I'd like to go back and replace some of the "less than ideals".

For example, I know Spawn of Onyxia and Jade Oozeling seem to be best as breed 4/14, but what are your other "go to" pets at level 25 that you prefer a specific breed?

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Re: Ideal species and breeds

Post by Ryazan » January 7th, 2013, 1:20 am

Emerald Proto Whelp: #4
Infinite Whelp: #4
Flayer Younling: #5
Any rabbit with Flurry, Dodge, Burrow: #5

For starters. :)
- Taking your candles since 2005

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » January 9th, 2013, 5:08 am

Thanks Ryazan, bumping for more people's thoughts!

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » January 9th, 2013, 7:59 am

What are the best breed IDs for the aquatics and critters? Bugs, for example.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » January 9th, 2013, 5:43 pm

Delinda wrote:What are the best breed IDs for the aquatics and critters? Bugs, for example.
as for a good counter against elementals, a snail is ideal. it is a critter with strong aquatic attacks. there's no P/P but we can tame a S/S rapana whelk (mind that it seems to be the rarest breed by far) and scooter is H/H. i haven't yet decided which one i'll use.

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » January 10th, 2013, 5:25 am

I was just asking as I had an uncommon Tol'vir Scarab breed 6 and uncommon Sifang Otter Pup breed 11. I couldn't catch the rare versions of those so I decided to use stones on them, but that would have to be the best breeds to be stoned.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » January 10th, 2013, 6:09 am

Ril wrote:there's no P/P but we can tame a S/S rapana whelk (mind that it seems to be the rarest breed by far) and scooter is H/H. i haven't yet decided which one i'll use.
Both snails you mentioned are inferior to an H/P Shimmershell Snail in my opinion. Speed is just wasted stats on a pet which are inherently slow to begin with. So it's either health or power and I'll pick power over health, especially when snails have life leech and a shield. However, as always, it comes down to the user's personal preference. :)
- Taking your candles since 2005

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » January 10th, 2013, 9:48 am

Ryazan wrote: Both snails you mentioned are inferior to an H/P Shimmershell Snail in my opinion. Speed is just wasted stats on a pet which are inherently slow to begin with. So it's either health or power and I'll pick power over health, especially when snails have life leech and a shield. However, as always, it comes down to the user's personal preference. :)
thanks for advice. i was under the assumption that a S/S snail could ensure superior speed but as i said, i didn't really look into it. it makes perfect sense of course that speed is a all-or-nothing stat. it only makes sense when it allows to attak first almost always.
as for the P/H vs H/H, i guess i generally prefer pure stats because they offer the biggest total, and of course snails get a lot out of it being a HP pet. tough you probably are right with P/H, since life leech is a damage dependent heal.

Knotrandall
Pet Score:4912
Realm:Maelstrom-us

Post by Knotrandall » January 11th, 2013, 9:03 am

Ryazan wrote:
Ril wrote:there's no P/P but we can tame a S/S rapana whelk (mind that it seems to be the rarest breed by far) and scooter is H/H. i haven't yet decided which one i'll use.
Both snails you mentioned are inferior to an H/P Shimmershell Snail in my opinion. Speed is just wasted stats on a pet which are inherently slow to begin with. So it's either health or power and I'll pick power over health, especially when snails have life leech and a shield. However, as always, it comes down to the user's personal preference. :)
I'm sure you know, but just to clarify for anyone else that is curious like me, as Ril said, there is no P/P snail in the game and the only snail pet that comes in the next best H/P is the Shimmershell Snail. So it looks like I'll be heading back to Darkshore to find the ideal snail.