Potentially successful experiment re battle stones...

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Petrel
MVP
Pet Score:11420
Realm:Tichondrius-us
Potentially successful experiment re battle stones...

Post by Petrel » January 7th, 2013, 8:14 pm

OK, so taking what I thought I understood about RNG, this is what I did...

During the course of my pet battle dailies, I saved up to about 10-16 sacks. At that point, I'd randomly open a sack or two as I won my daily battles. If I didn't get a battle stone, I wouldn't open any more. Yesterday, I finally got a battle stone, and at that point, I opened up all of the sacks in my inventory. I'm guessing I had about 12. Besides the initial one I received, I got 3 more from my bags, so a much higher return than I was used to seeing. This may be a way to capitalize on a positive RN, but I'm curious to see if others can replicate my experience. I know I'm trying this again...

Good luck!

Petrel
MVP
Pet Score:11420
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Re: Potentially successful experiment re battle stones...

Post by Petrel » January 7th, 2013, 11:28 pm

But the point is, that Saturday you might have had a good random number seed for your bag loot. I've always noticed my battlestones tended to go in spurts as well, which is why I tried this. I don't think Saturday is a magic day or anything, so I won't be holding on to my bags until a certain day of the week. But I do plan to create a large stash of bags to open when I get a battle stone drop in another bag. Yeah, I might have just gotten lucky, which is why I'm going to try again and hope others might test it as well. If it doesn't work, fine. If it does, it's just made trying for battle stones a little less frustrating.

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » January 8th, 2013, 1:26 am

*edited to put in my info* I've been collecting my bags for a few days, here are the results/loot.

61 regular tamer bags
16 Spirit tamer bags
1 DMF bag

Received:

1 Porcupette (yay!)
1 Pandaren Fire Spirit (figures, I bought one on the AH a few days ago)
109 Pet Bandages
211g worth of greys/(1) Murloc collar
6 Battle-stones (humanoid, magic, aquatic, elemental, critter, and dragonkin)
41 mini treats
24 magical pet biscuit

I vendored 38 happy pet snacks and 18 pet grooming kits.

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » January 8th, 2013, 3:46 pm

Pacer wrote:RNG is RNG, the past 4 days I had days of 4 stones, 3 stones, 2 stones and 2 stones. Before these days I had nothing for quite a while.
I agree, I believe I had 4 days of bags collected, and as you saw, I got a total of 6 stones from them. But in 4 days, you got 11 stones. I know prior to collecting the bags, I had days where I would get a stone or two, but most days I didn't get any. (I have really bad RNG luck in WoW, I'm used to it after playing so long! :lol: ) I was just posting my results for the OP's benefit ;)