Queens Conservatory pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Aggramar-us
Queens Conservatory pets

Post by Harpooha » December 26th, 2020, 5:01 pm

Reading through this makes my head hurt.

What I gather is that you have to unlock the seed that is fed by 3 catalyst plots. Which would be Tier 4. And it's a smallchance you will get a pet.

Am I correct on this or have I missed something? Seems like this will take a long time.

FWIW, I have looted 2 Wildseed Root Grain from a Wish Cricket in Ardenweald. It shows up as a treasure. He hops around and you have to click on him.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Queens Conservatory pets

Post by Quintessence » December 26th, 2020, 7:48 pm

You only need Tier 2 Queen's Conservatory. The main thing is that you need two dirt piles to make 2 Root Grain touch at least 1 pod. This creates a Wildseed that will yield a chest that drops an Artisan Satchel + a chance at the pet (pet drops from the chest, not the satchel). I believe only chests that contain Artisan Satchels (rare quality bag) or higher have this additional drop chance, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I've added a TL;DR to my Queen's Conservatory blog post:
TL;DR -
1. Upgrade Conservatory to Tier 2. (if you use your Spirits prior to this is up to you, but not worth it IMO)
2. Get 3 Wildseed Root Grain.
3. Place the 3 Wildseed Root Grain in dirt piles so that all three are touching 2 pods. (see image of Conservatory layout, where the #4 is the area you're targeting, so those 3 connecting dirt piles + 2 pods)
4. Make sure the 2 pods have 2 Wildseed Root Grain buffs each. (can click on them to check)
5. Insert the Spirit of your choice into each pod. (each category of Spirit has 2 possible pets each, Prideful = Venthyr-themed pets for example)
6. Wait for however many days for your Wildseed to mature. (can click on the pod to check its buff for time left)
7. Open the mature Wildseed, talk to the Spirit who will spawn a chest. Pet drops from the chest and NOT the Artisan Satchel that also appears in the chest.
8. Repeat until you get all the pets! Good Luck!
With a Tier 2 Conservatory, you'll have an extra pod to do with as you please. You could plant seeds to get more Wildseed Root Grain, or you could use other Spirits. Note that since there is only ONE connecting dirt mound to the extra pod, you'll only be able to feed it one buff. This means it will likely not yield any pets.

Instead, you could talk to Seed Merchant Daybreak, buy Wildroot Root Grain Seeds, use either a Temporal Leaves or Wild Nightbloom on the one dirt pile, and then insert your seed into the linked pod. I mean, why not right? Going to need a decent number of Root Grain for those pets, might as well grow and harvest it yourself ;)

Last thing to note, when I tested on Beta you need to plant the Root Grain *first* and foremost otherwise the pod won't recognize the buffs. I don't know if that's changed or fixed, but I use the dirt mounds first before inserting Spirits into pods, just to be sure.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » December 26th, 2020, 10:45 pm

Thanks for the info. I had looked at your blog but did not see this. You are simply *the best*. I do appreciate all that you do.

Wish Cricket has dropped root grains for me and the daily calling for Torghast dropped 3 :) So don't skip it!

Dalandius
Pet Score:13306
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » December 28th, 2020, 10:26 am

Nice explanation thank you.

I assume that Root Grain does not drop until you upgraded the garden to tier 2?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » December 28th, 2020, 12:38 pm

Dalandius wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 10:26 am
Nice explanation thank you.

I assume that Root Grain does not drop until you upgraded the garden to tier 2?
Yea, at Tier 2 Conservatory, there will be a daily quest that can reward Root Grain. A vendor will also unlock that sells seeds to grow your own Root Grain. You'll also start seeing Root Grain as a possible drop from Ardenweald treasures, WQs, Callings, etc.

It all kicks off at Tier 2, and makes me kind of wonder what the point of Tier 1 is :lol:
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dalandius
Pet Score:13306
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » January 31st, 2021, 9:29 am

Are the pets you get from the Queens Conservatory the same ones as you can buy from the npc you unlock when you build Atticus (Abomination Factory rank 1, Necro lords)?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » January 31st, 2021, 5:02 pm

Dalandius wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 9:29 am
Are the pets you get from the Queens Conservatory the same ones as you can buy from the npc you unlock when you build Atticus (Abomination Factory rank 1, Necro lords)?
Yes, they are the same. They're the same ones that are available from all Covenants, just in different ways.

Same 8 pets from -
Night Fae = Queen's Conservatory
Necrolord = Abomination Factory
Kyrian = Path of Ascension
Venthyr = The Ember Court

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » January 31st, 2021, 5:14 pm

does it matter what seed you put in to get a pet or it can come from any as long as it has two root seeds linked to it?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » January 31st, 2021, 6:13 pm

Digem wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 5:14 pm
does it matter what seed you put in to get a pet or it can come from any as long as it has two root seeds linked to it?
Each type of Spirit has its own loot table, and 2 pets can come from each. See this chart for more info: https://www.wowhead.com/zone=13367/quee ... id=3235955
  • Untamed (Ardenweald-themed) - Pearlwing Heron, Dusty Sporeflutterer
  • Martial (Maldraxxus-themed) - Corpulent Bonetusk, Plaguelouse Larva
  • Dutiful (Bastion-themed) - Sable, Brightscale Hatchling
  • Prideful (Revendreth-themed) - Violet Dredwing Pup, Bloodfeaster Spiderling

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » January 31st, 2021, 9:47 pm

Quintessence wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 6:13 pm
Digem wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 5:14 pm
Each type of Spirit has its own loot table, and 2 pets can come from each. See this chart for more info: https://www.wowhead.com/zone=13367/quee ... id=3235955
  • Untamed (Ardenweald-themed) - Pearlwing Heron, Dusty Sporeflutterer
  • Martial (Maldraxxus-themed) - Corpulent Bonetusk, Plaguelouse Larva
  • Dutiful (Bastion-themed) - Sable, Brightscale Hatchling
  • Prideful (Revendreth-themed) - Violet Dredwing Pup, Bloodfeaster Spiderling
so being night fae can i only get the ardenweald themed ones or can i get them all?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » January 31st, 2021, 11:05 pm

You can get them all. Every Covenant can get all 8.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » February 1st, 2021, 7:53 am

Dalandius wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 9:29 am
There are a few covenant exclusive ones though.

Ember Court - Battie, Char, Dredged Butler
Abomination Factory - Mu'dud
Path of Ascension - Indigo, Steward Featherling

Waterlilly
Pet Score:10636
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Waterlilly » February 8th, 2021, 8:44 pm

I gave up wasting time to try for a pet only to end up with crappy crafting ingredients for the slim chance to get the pets.

I know the pets cost Anima through Necrolords, if you are honored with Stitchmasters (Abomination Lab), the one guy sells all the pets you get from the Conservatory (not Covenant exclusive pets) for 1k Anima each....Easier to earn anima to spend on the pets than waste time hoping that a seed drops a pet in the Conservatory. I bought all but 4 and I will get them over time :)

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11384
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ziboo » February 9th, 2021, 7:32 pm

Waterlilly wrote:
February 8th, 2021, 8:44 pm
I gave up wasting time to try for a pet only to end up with crappy crafting ingredients for the slim chance to get the pets.

I know the pets cost Anima through Necrolords, if you are honored with Stitchmasters (Abomination Lab), the one guy sells all the pets you get from the Conservatory (not Covenant exclusive pets) for 1k Anima each....Easier to earn anima to spend on the pets than waste time hoping that a seed drops a pet in the Conservatory. I bought all but 4 and I will get them over time :)
Good to know. I'm not doing the Queen's Conservatory until it's Level 3 or higher. I've had one or two pets drop since launch, as you said easier to collect 1K anima and buy them. I didn't realize those were the same ones though - thanks for that!

Bolhafészek
Pet Score:10925
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Bolhafészek » February 10th, 2021, 9:52 am

Wowhead guide says one wildseed is enough to proc a pet, and growing Dutiful spirit (Kyrian) cannot award any pets. Do you have experience with this? If one wildseed is enough, I would rather use speed as second catalyst (I am having R2 conservatory).

I grew 2 spirits only so far, both of them with two wildseed, and one of them gave a pet.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » February 10th, 2021, 5:25 pm

Bolhafészek wrote:
February 10th, 2021, 9:52 am
Wowhead guide says one wildseed is enough to proc a pet, and growing Dutiful spirit (Kyrian) cannot award any pets. Do you have experience with this? If one wildseed is enough, I would rather use speed as second catalyst (I am having R2 conservatory).

I grew 2 spirits only so far, both of them with two wildseed, and one of them gave a pet.
The "official" Wowhead Queen's Conservatory guide is wrong, as far as I can tell. You need Root Grain x2 to upgrade your Wildseed to drop pets (Artisan Satchel loot table). I followed it initially, and it just didn't make sense.

Each "type" of Spirit has 2 pets each. Here's a correct chart of Conservatory loot tables: https://www.wowhead.com/zone=13367/quee ... id=3235955

Bolhafészek
Pet Score:10925
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Bolhafészek » February 11th, 2021, 10:06 am

Well, this chart also saying 1 wildseed = uncommon loot, and pets are uncommon loots. But maybe I am interpreting wrong, and uncommon loot means uncommon bag, but the uncommon pet coming from the rare bag. But also I got the pet outside of the bag. I looted the chest, and it was a pet and a bag in it. Bag had herbs. Confusing times. The 2 pet each spirit type makes sense however.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » February 11th, 2021, 10:44 pm

This is the chart that's related to pet drops (see image below). For pet drops, you want to target the loot table that drops Artisan's Satchel (any version of it). Only chests that drop that type of bag can also drop the pets.

Not sure what that other chart is about. Possibly the amount of rewards from the Satchel (not the chest), as there are different quantities/qualities.
Attachments
root grain chart.png
root grain chart.png (39.37KiB)Viewed 11725 times

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » February 11th, 2021, 10:45 pm

Here is the loot table chart, includes pets, mounts, and cosmetic transmog items (note that pets require x2 Root Grain to access these loot tables). (see image below)
Attachments
conservatory loot table.png
conservatory loot table.png (117.86KiB)Viewed 11723 times