Searchable database of pet abilities?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Knotrandall
Pet Score:4912
Realm:Maelstrom-us
Searchable database of pet abilities?

Post by Knotrandall » January 6th, 2013, 1:33 pm

I've tried looking around but can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. Does anyone know of a site that can search for pets that have specific abilities? For example, I'd really like to find a flying pet that has a mechanical attack, since this would be really strong against beasts.

Jordicus
Top Rater
Pet Score:2793
Realm:Arygos-us

Re: Searchable database of pet abilities?

Post by Jordicus » January 6th, 2013, 3:16 pm

may seem obvious to me, but did you check the toolbar at the top of this webpage?

Knotrandall
Pet Score:4912
Realm:Maelstrom-us

Post by Knotrandall » January 6th, 2013, 3:28 pm

Yes, I tried that. All that I could find was a list of abilities by family, not specific pets that actually have those abilities. Maybe I'm missing something though.

Jordicus
Top Rater
Pet Score:2793
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by Jordicus » January 6th, 2013, 3:47 pm

pick abilities by family, then pick mechanical. choose one of the abilities and then look through the list of pets that has that ability. Not the most efficient way but basically the only way I have found. you can do it similarly on wowhead as well.

unfortunately, your particular ability/family combo you asked about doesn't exist. there are very few non-mechanical pets that have the mechanical abilities....

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » January 6th, 2013, 3:48 pm

In clicking on any one ability it will give you a list of all pets that have that ability. Your problem is that a lot of the mechanical abilities are clones of other abilities with different vs. modifiers, ie wind-up is pump, or 'Shock and Awe' is headbutt.
mykro9#1585

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » January 6th, 2013, 4:01 pm

However, call lightning comes on dragon kite, though good luck with getting one, unless you got the IRL cash for it. But then, bli zzard engineered a lot of the bought pets that way.
mykro9#1585

Axordil
Pet Score:4792
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Axordil » January 6th, 2013, 4:30 pm

The Jade and Golden Hatchlings from Jade Forest both have Call Lightning, I believe.

Nyxlin
Pet Score:2820
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Nyxlin » January 7th, 2013, 7:12 am

I have the same issue/question and found this helps: https://docs. google. com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj-3f0NjyQ5qdFZZaUJXaGlmaGEtSHVoT1U0dTROdEE#gid=2 (remove spaces, I can't post links yet). It's not ideal, you can't search easily, but you can see in one look, by the colors, which pet has a certain attack type. If anyone found anything better, please let me know :)