Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us
Jenafur has been FOUND!

Post by Jaladar » September 13th, 2020, 4:46 pm

Just going to link to this article to make it easy...once you get past talking to Amara (and maybe clicking the bowl--may not be needed) you can join a group in groupfinder, go in and click on her.

Or, follow the guide and solve for yourself.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317965/jen ... ng-discord

Someone figured it out using Secret Finder Discord info then shared the solve with them apparently. Not taking credit or trying to divert credit at all, just easier to link to Wowhead.

Prairiehamster
Pet Score:11380
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Jenafur has been FOUND!

Post by Prairiehamster » September 13th, 2020, 7:58 pm

And on top of it, (I think you have to interact with the night elf npc and then the food dish first!) once Jenafur is up, she'll stay up so if you join a group where she's been spawned you can just go in and click her.

I'm really grateful and heartened to have seen that there were multiple Jenafur groups in the custom group finder when I went to check - if there hadn't been, it was my plan to do that.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » September 13th, 2020, 11:24 pm

great finding....
jenafur is really evil tho :)

Anubishaman
Top Rater
Pet Score:6715
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Anubishaman » September 14th, 2020, 4:42 am

Got it this morning! quite easy once you know the steps. I recommend some potions of speed though ;)

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:11437
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Crazypants » September 14th, 2020, 7:58 am

If your quick on this you can skip the last part. After interacting to the first 2 NPCs (Amara Lunastar and the dish in Donni Anthania's house) you can search Jenafur groups in custom groups and skip the food placement part. Just go to opera where Jenafur spawns and pet the cat and she goes in your pet journal.

There were 4 groups up this morning in group finder when I did this. She doesn't despawn so some of the groups had been up hours letting ppl zone in and get their pet and rotate out.

For those that don't know here is a little bit more info about the brave young girl and her struggle with cancer who brought us this pet through the make a wish foundation https://www.gofundme.com/f/jenafur-fund ... ver-cancer.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » September 14th, 2020, 12:40 pm

I'm really happy I randomly decided to check on this pet today! It has been months since I tried doing the Karazhan part myself, having no idea what I was doing.

A kind soul had a group going in group finder. I was able to zone in, run to the opera seating area, and click on Jenafur.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » September 14th, 2020, 4:05 pm

hopefully a lot of collectors are on now and not taking a break because its easy to get now as one only has to to talk to the Amara Lunastar in ashvendale and click on the food bowl in the crazy cat lady's house in Elywen forest as lots of people have groups going in the custom dungeon finder that have already placed the food and you just have to run to jenafur and pet her and you get the pet.

Palin
Pet Score:6430
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Palin » September 14th, 2020, 6:02 pm

dont need speed potion. all that matters is if the food is in the correct spot. in doesnt matter how fast you put them there. i went back and forth a few times and she still spawned.

Annieb
Pet Score:13845
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » September 16th, 2020, 2:41 am

I did her yesterday on my and husband's main accounts. She's SO CUTE! And she looks almost exactly like our British shorthair Princess Xenia. <3 (Xenia doesn't eat eyeballs or drink blood or consume souls as far as I know though). Love love love! :lol: We didn't use a speed potion or anything, husband used his demon hunter for the easier travel in the instance... we still had over 2 minutes when we finished spawning her.. so I think any class should be able to do it.

Was a cinch to invite others after we spawned her... I left the instance open for a half an hour or so and invited people in.

Gbh102
Top Rater
Pet Score:11849
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Gbh102 » September 16th, 2020, 7:35 am

Hey
Quick question here: am I able to do it solo ? Or I need to be in premade group ? I started this secret, did two first steps, but when went to Kara there is NO foods in areas they supposed to be ??? So is it because I am trying to do it just myself or am I doing something wrong ? I couldn't find this particular info in ANY Jenafur guide that's why I am asking. Thanks in advance for QUICK answer as I can't wait to lay my hands on this devilish creature :P :)))).

Orcangrinder
Pet Score:9423
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Orcangrinder » September 17th, 2020, 12:45 am

Thanks for all the deets on how to capture this kitty. I actually had to use some speed buffs :oops: in order to place the food within 5 minutes. On the other hand, my wife did not :roll: , so your mileage may vary. 8-)

Orcangrinder
Pet Score:9423
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Orcangrinder » September 17th, 2020, 12:48 am

Gbh102 wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 7:35 am
Hey
Quick question here: am I able to do it solo ? Or I need to be in premade group ? I started this secret, did two first steps, but when went to Kara there is NO foods in areas they supposed to be ??? So is it because I am trying to do it just myself or am I doing something wrong ? I couldn't find this particular info in ANY Jenafur guide that's why I am asking. Thanks in advance for QUICK answer as I can't wait to lay my hands on this devilish creature :P :)))).

I did it solo at lvl 120, with a hunter that has 456 item level gear. :mrgreen:

Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Dakender » September 17th, 2020, 3:53 pm

Gbh102 wrote:
Hey
I did it solo on 120 DH.. if you can clear most of the area you need to go to to get the food, you can do it solo.. if you can't see the food, it means you have missed a step...

Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566

Post by Dakender » September 17th, 2020, 3:57 pm

Digem wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 4:05 pm
hopefully a lot of collectors are on now and not taking a break because its easy to get now as one only has to to talk to the Amara Lunastar in ashvendale and click on the food bowl in the crazy cat lady's house in Elywen forest as lots of people have groups going in the custom dungeon finder that have already placed the food and you just have to run to jenafur and pet her and you get the pet.
And also, just as a side note... If you want the kitty, get her quick... BEFORE SHADOWLANDS... with the lvl squish and all I can NOT SOLO even the trash in Kara on Beta with my DH that one shots them on live now..... Might change later, but who knows... I tried it yesterday just to be sure and they still hit like a brick truck...

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » September 17th, 2020, 4:55 pm

Gbh102 wrote:
Hey
it is pretty easy to solo just a pain to lay the food down so easier to join a premade group and lots going right now and in most it is already done and all you have to do is run to the kitty and pet it and it is yours.
if you cant see the food you missed one of the two steps yoy have to talk to the lady in ashvedale and click on food bowl in the crazy cat ladies house in elywen forest

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » September 17th, 2020, 4:56 pm

Dakender wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 3:57 pm
Digem wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 4:05 pm
And also, just as a side note... If you want the kitty, get her quick... BEFORE SHADOWLANDS... with the lvl squish and all I can NOT SOLO even the trash in Kara on Beta with my DH that one shots them on live now..... Might change later, but who knows... I tried it yesterday just to be sure and they still hit like a brick truck...
they havent squished down the old dungeons and raids yet and until you gear up in shadowlands they will be much harder until squished and geared so yes do it now

Elvisaron
Pet Score:8728

Post by Elvisaron » September 18th, 2020, 7:54 am

Gbh102 wrote:
Hey
Also make sure youre in the correct zone. You want "Return to Karazahn", which has a side entrance; not the regular Kara which you enter from the front. The food only spawns in the former instance.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » September 19th, 2020, 1:44 pm

For those who want to do it solo, here's some tips:

1) talk to Amara, click on the cat lady's bowl as before
2) go to kara, put dungeons on Mythic and enter on the right hand door up high (old rear entrance)
3) once in, go to the opera hall event, VERY IMPORTANT if you get the Westfall Story event with Toe Knee, remove your weapons and hit him lightly to 50%; otherwise it will bug out and you'll have to wait a week to go again.
4) clear to moroes and to make your life easier kill all the mobs between up to the maiden
5) pick up the food (see the guide on wowhead) and lay it in the pattern

No speed potions required, however it took me a couple of tries. Luckily the food items respawn in about 5 minutes.

The best way to do it would be to scout out in advance where the 8 foods are exactly, then starting at moroes follow the path that way you'll have maximum time to place.

Once I scouted them it was super easy and evil kitty was mine!

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » September 20th, 2020, 8:39 am

Ooh cracking stuff. Looking forward to resubbing and getting this done during the pre-patch

Scottie81
Pet Score:9069
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Scottie81 » September 22nd, 2020, 6:48 am

Rioriel wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 8:39 am
Ooh cracking stuff. Looking forward to resubbing and getting this done during the pre-patch
Might be difficult to find a group at that point. The Kara instance can currently be soloed. Easily. I started the opera event and apparently killed things to quickly. I alt-tabbed out while the boss was wailing on me and spent about 2 minutes googling to confirm I bugged it. The boss couldn't even get through my passive absorb shields, so I never took damage from him. I reset the instance, did the fight slower, then bulldozed all the trash from Opera to Moroes to Maiden. Once the path was clear, I picked up the food and input the solution.

We're all going to get our levels squished down to 50 with the prepatch and I've heard the place cannot be soloed after the squish. Someone else confirmed it in this thread.

If you want to do it, I'd resub now.