Best/must have for each type?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Zilka
Pet Score:409
Realm:Mazrigos-eu
Best/must have for each type?

Post by Zilka » May 11th, 2020, 7:29 am

Hey guys!

I've just started getting into Pet Battles!
And i'm finding it actually fun and decent when ever since it came out ive steered clear of it. ANYWAYS.

Im sure this has came up a few times but...

If there a list of BEST or MUST HAVE pets for each type?
I've already a whole bunch just from past collecting.

I've just got my Grumpy, Anubisath Idol and Iron Starlette to level 25.
But i'm wondering it there is some that i really really should get.

Many thanks,

Zilka

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Best/must have for each type?

Post by Gráinne » May 12th, 2020, 11:40 am

See this list, which is excellent.
https://wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=MostUsedPets
I have made a suggested list of most used breeds for these in a comment at the bottom.

If you are specifically into PvP, consider some of these:
https://wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=PvPTierList

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » May 22nd, 2020, 11:52 am

Zilka wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 7:29 am
If there a list of BEST or MUST HAVE pets for each type?
I've already a whole bunch just from past collecting.
Hi,

Just a recommendation, but take a look at the Xu-Fu stuff on the pet battles in the dungeons ... and you will find out a lot about how some pets can be used, and ALSO, how many pets WE DON'T USE that could be really great help in a lot of fights.

Learning what to do with the rats and bunnies and such helps, but the harder part is dealing with the 2nd era of pets, when they started changing abilities, and they could somewhat cancel out your this or that. In other words a pet would be a critter and then all of a sudden is magic ... and the one you have is OK on a critter and not good on magic ... lost fight!

Getting the hang of the uses on many pets, for example, using the shield on Anubisath in the bee fight, is valuable, but many times we are more interested in the big bomb ... except that dang pet just went underground and you just lost your bomb and will take a large amount of damage!

Also, having a good idea of what the abilities amount to ... what PS is, or SS, or any of the other abilities, since some of them do not factor in a lot of fights ... and many times you want some Speed (S at the front), or Power (P at the front) ... on a pet and I tend to shy away from the BB's and the so many other types that have really poor numbers ... and check this out ... at 25 one pet has this ability with 300/289 and another ability with 295/265 numbers ... and I would look for the 289 pet ... the 3 or 4 % of damage difference is not as bad as the 7 or 8% in more damage they take!

You can see this with the moth balls and moth dust flying critters ... and the ones I end up with are the ones with numbers "even" ... like 289/289, because in a couple of battles, you can see the different ... you might do a smidget more damage, but in the bit hit you just went down! Likewise, you might not do a lot of damage, but you defend well ...

Lastly, searching for pets for a fight ... you can search by the spell/ability ... for example, for one fight I just type "bonestorm" and I get my 3 for that fight, or "ravage" for another battle and I have a choice of 6 or 7 pets, and my favorite, "fish slap" and I have 3 I can use! That's just an example.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » June 2nd, 2020, 11:45 am

Hi,

Btw, I use the Pet Battle and the Pet Battle Breed Id ... addons. They help, but you will find that in dungeons if you are following things, that you STILL will hit the wrong button and screw up the fight! All you can do is laugh hard ... !!!!

One other thing, which uses the rocks or the battles in Val'sharah ... when you are hoping/waiting for the one you want to show up ... like a SS or a PS ... and you keep getting all the poor ones instead and they are not blue ... if a specific breed I want/need shows up I take it, regardless of it being white, green or blue ... and just use the rocks to turn them blue ... it will take too long in many cases to find the blue one you want ... and after one try of those kinds of fights, you probably never do it again.

So take that white one that is SS (or else) and then use the rock to turn it blue.

I rarely do fights with the pets that are not blue ... and then it was because I forgot to get the blue rock, and am doing Ashlei to get the Warlords done every week ... believe it or not as a way to give my characters that are under 120 some experience ... !!!!