A rant... About the online pb

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Zoroarkronan
A rant... About the online pb

Post by Zoroarkronan » March 13th, 2020, 9:01 pm

I love doing pet battles and there one of my favorite things about wow.
But im gonna rant about something i dont think anyone has brought up yet. its BATTLE BOTS!
no not that awesome robot fighting show. im talking about you go into a match with someone and they use [insert 3 pets] and then you go into a new match and you find a guy using THE SAME LOADOUT AND STRAT AS THE LAST GUY!
Im so sick and tired of fighting them and its just boring to fight against. Blizzard better allow use to report pet battle players so this will stop.
I just had one of these people he used Unborn valkyr tiny apparition and scourge whelp.
Can this please stop! im getting really annoyed with it! :x :x

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13136
Realm:Aggramar-us

Re: A rant... About the online pb

Post by Harpooha » March 14th, 2020, 7:39 pm

That's when I try to figure out how many ways I can beat them. If you are using the same team over and over, you're being boring too.

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » March 15th, 2020, 10:59 am

These aren't bots you are facing but rather a generated avatar of the same player requeuing.

Lots of players use the same teams multiple times so if you face the same team it's likely they will follow the same game plan.

The way matchmaking works combined with the player pool causes sequences of facing the same person. To minimise this issue the battlegroups need to be changed and incentives to queue with a large variation of comps.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » March 17th, 2020, 9:05 am

Depending on what time you're que'ing, the pool of players is just very small. Therefore, you'll face the same player multiple times. The appearance of your opponent is randomly generated, so it may appear like anther player, but you'll notice it for example if the pets have unique names, as the pets' names will be the same. Botting or automation of the fight to some degree does happen once in a while, but that's often for very simple strats (3x crow, 3x blightbreath, 3xbone serpent for example). There's an achievement for winning 5000 matches, so I don't see how you would do that without playing your strongest team hundreds of times in a row (and maybe afk-ing a little).