Current Hardest Pet To Collect?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Thadjosh76
MVP
Pet Score:13385
Realm:Suramar-us
Current Hardest Pet To Collect?

Post by Thadjosh76 » December 13th, 2019, 7:25 pm

What pet that you can currently collect did you or do you find the hardest? For me its been Wondrous Wisdomball. Everytime the Kirin Tor emissary is up, I run about 6 toons through it, hoping to get it. Its been years now, with no end in sight. So I am curious what pet you find the hardest to collect.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Re: Current Hardest Pet To Collect?

Post by Mehetabel » December 14th, 2019, 1:29 pm

For me, it's the two honor level 400 pets. I like PvP okay, but not enough that I'm going to get those anytime soon. :(
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » December 15th, 2019, 2:21 pm

- Level 400 honor pets, because you get next to no honor from a lot of work, and I HAAAATE to do PvP.
- Jenafur, because it's not solved yet.
- Papi, because drop rate stinks, which is reflected by a 250K AH price.

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » December 20th, 2019, 8:50 pm

Jenafur is the hardest! No one has figured out how to catch this one.
If you figure it out you get bragging rights forever.

Riffanhash

Post by Riffanhash » December 21st, 2019, 4:07 am

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one still valiantly plugging away at trying to collect Khadgar's bloody head in a bubble! Each time the emissary quest comes up, I sigh and run 6-8 toons through it. When it finally drops I will take great pleasure in visiting a lava pit or slime heap with a stack of 200 fetch balls.

The second longest grind I ever did was for the tiny emerald whelpling back in vanilla when it dropped from the Dreaming Whelps in Swamp of Sorrows. 200+ hours of gametime, but at least it was an easy grind, rarely had competition, the herbs were lucrative and I scored the odd invite to fill in a Sunken Temple run, which made for a nice diversion :)

Micronax is going to be a real challenge for me because of my playtimes, they never seem to match up with any scheduled runs. Might have to put it off til Shadowlands when hopefully it will be manageable with a very small group.

I have faith in the WoW Secrets community for Jenafur... if they solved the puzzle of the pebbles (Baa'l) the conundrum of the kibble is only a matter of time!

Velgana
Top Rater
Pet Score:10666
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Velgana » December 22nd, 2019, 5:44 pm

Papi seems to be eluding me right now, so that one currently sits on top of my personal hard to collect list.

Daned
MVP
Pet Score:13868
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Daned » December 23rd, 2019, 12:23 pm

Khadgar's head is up there due to the atrocious drop-rate.

Papi is a pain but any pet that can be bought for gold can eventually be ground-out.

For me it's the PvP pets. I hate PvP. It was tolerable somewhat when they were missions against NPCs in the previous expansion. This includes the pet PvP pet, Stunted Direhorn.

Vephriel
MVP
Pet Score:13840
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Vephriel » December 28th, 2019, 8:35 pm

Right now I want to say Knockoff Blingtron or Spineclaw Crab, if I'm just talking my personal collection. :| I drop my Blingtron every day to attempt, nothing yet, and as much as I check the Timeless Isle for that darn rare, even when I do see it, it never drops the pet (I was a fool and didn't go after it much during MoP when the Isle was more active, now it's a real pain to find)

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12995
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » December 30th, 2019, 5:40 am

FWIW, I just got the Wondrous Wisdomball to drop.

After 3 years of doing these quests, I am finally done.

For the longest time I was afraid it was something I had deleted from my inventory. But when I opened up the cache, the quest auto-launched. Killed the chumps as quick as I could and seized the Precious.

But I would say the PVP pets are the hardest ones now. 400 Honor level seems insane.

Gilraen
Pet Score:8027
Realm:Hydraxis-us

Post by Gilraen » December 30th, 2019, 8:12 pm

At the moment - Living Fluid from Primordius in ToT LFR. I'm running 8 alts through that LFR wing every week. So far I had Viscous Horror drop 3 times, even though it's listed as only available on normal and heroic difficulties. I also got 2 Sons of Animus (since Dark Animus is in the same wing). Those are all supposed to be harder, if not impossible, to get in LFR, and yet...I'm beginning to wonder if Living Fluid even drops anymore.

Peterparker
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Peterparker » December 31st, 2019, 6:17 am

I got better information about hardest pet to collect, This post grow my knowledge.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » December 31st, 2019, 10:15 am

The longest and hardest may be two different categories, but my least favorite pet (which took me a long time) was Wicker Wraith, from the Family Battler achievement. I got it in Legion but it took me forever because it was so many damn pet battles to complete. And the battles were not easy, even with the perfect team. Some had RNG that was a 50/50 chance.

For those saying the Wonderous Wisdomball, I really wish I could give you some of mine. I have 5+, 3 on my account, and several in alt banks because I couldn't learn them.

The most difficult pets to obtain are the ones that you cannot buy in the AH, and require that you complete some long quest chain and/or achievement. I STILL don't have the Stunted Direhorn because I refuse to PVP Pet Battle. And I have been collecting forever...

Cymre
MVP
Pet Score:13607
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Cymre » January 1st, 2020, 3:13 am

Knockoff Blingtron, Honour 400 pet and the spectral hippo from Mad Merchant
Blogger, YouTuber and Pet Tamer

Lpessoa
Pet Score:13608
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Lpessoa » January 21st, 2020, 3:05 am

Mailemental for me. I have some short term memory problems and even with the addon, I just can't complete the darn thing. I know I'll get it eventually but its it's frustrating. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Gabrizar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13620
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gabrizar » January 24th, 2020, 3:06 pm

-Jenafur because I want it and well no one can get it yet.
-Level 400 pvp because I am not a fan of pvping and got much better things to do, and doubt I will ever get it. I sure regret I didn't focus on the towers and pvp wqs on all my chars in Legion, I might had been close, if I had cared and known earlier it would be shared.
-Papi, damn pet refuse to drop for me. Sure I could just buy it easily and most likely will, when the price get low enough, I like my gold too much. Or I will start trying to get it to drop later in this exp when I got less to do or in next.

-Rest is ... me waiting on having less to do, new pets that will drop or drop in price, pets that will go on sale or I will get later like the raf pet and shadowland pet, and so on.
- If harder then what I listed, I don't care enough about it to even think of it. Like the pvp pet battles, wont happen and don't care and don't plan on starting to work on or even consider.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » January 25th, 2020, 6:28 pm

Jenafur and 400 honor pets....I've JUST crossed the 1 million honor left to go for honor level 400, about 2 years and a bit to go lol (108 weeks or so).

I'm also one of the people who thinks EVERY pet that is no longer available should be obtainable in some way, doesn't have to be easy but nothing irks me more than "unavailable" :)

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » January 26th, 2020, 7:56 am

Noel wrote:
January 25th, 2020, 6:28 pm
I'm also one of the people who thinks EVERY pet that is no longer available should be obtainable in some way, doesn't have to be easy but nothing irks me more than "unavailable" :)
Hehe. I'm the opposite because I can just mentally cross it off and not worry about it.

I'm 100% at peace that I will not have EVERYTHING. I'll get what I can and level it.
Last edited by Rioriel on January 28th, 2020, 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 27th, 2020, 3:00 am

I cannot understand that Blizzard refuse to see that Honor 400 is totally out of the realm of possibility for 99,9% of the player base.

In Legion, it was relative easy to get the two PvP pets.. When you had enough honor to buy the pets, it got converted to roughly H35 in BfA (personally, I got to H37).

In BfA, we need more than 10 times that much, while all sources are nerfed to the ground.

Even considering the AV event that just finished, it was impossible to get any noteworthy honor; I levelled 10 alts, from 110 to 120, solely by running AV; I went from H37 to H39. That's (for the mathematical challenged) only two honor levels or roughly 0,5% of the total honor needed.

And then they even nerfed BRD pet battle, because a few people had complained it was too hard (which it wasn't).

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » January 28th, 2020, 4:01 pm

So I've been farming honor pretty much exclusively on many alts (no more than 1 win a day each one for the honor bonus) and I can get about 1 level per week. More if there's a brawl happening but less if not.

It truly is a slog.

3.5 million honor for the pet; and we get about 100-300 a match. Thousands of matches!

I still have two-ish years to go.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » January 30th, 2020, 7:28 pm

its ridiculous and I stopped trying and know they will nerf it eventually