Turn in - no reward? 'Mastering the Menagerie'

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Marintha
Pet Score:4482
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us
Turn in - no reward? 'Mastering the Menagerie'

Post by Marintha » January 31st, 2015, 1:33 pm

So, this might be a one-off, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen today.

I currently have two characters with the Menagerie in their garrison, and I can do that daily on both of them (so, two pet bags per day).

Today, I did my main, all went well.

Got on my alt, got the quest, did the pet battle, got a Mark of Mastery. When I turned in the quest though - nothing. No bag of loot, no gold, just nothing.

Did they sneaky nerf this or is it just a glitch on me? If it's just me, I'll just ticket it as a bug, but wanted to see what other people were seeing. :?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Turn in - no reward? 'Mastering the Menagerie'

Post by Luciandk » January 31st, 2015, 3:14 pm

Glitch likely, never had any problems. checked your mailbox?

Marintha

Post by Marintha » January 31st, 2015, 4:24 pm

Yeah, checked the mailbox and everything. Has anyone gotten two or more today, just be certain it IS still working?

Razielix
MVP
Pet Score:10583
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Razielix » January 31st, 2015, 10:49 pm

Yeah I've done the quest on each of my alts today, got the bag no drama each time.

Leaning towards glitch. Ticket it, I'd guess?
"Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire, or to challenge the Fates for another throw--a better throw--against one's destiny... What was a king to do?" - Kain

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » February 1st, 2015, 1:30 am

Done it five times today and only failed to get bag once, and that was when I kinda forgot to get the quest before I did the fight <DOH>. Got quest, did it again, and got the bag.

Marintha

Post by Marintha » February 1st, 2015, 5:34 pm

Yeah, it just happened to me again, same character. Must be a glitch then. :/ It doesn't even show up in the chat log.

Just "You receive item: [Mark of Pet Mastery]"

Turn in the quest

Nothing.

So I wasn't imagining it yesterday.

Marintha

Post by Marintha » February 2nd, 2015, 11:20 am

So, I just got my ticket response and it's... alarming?

Here, I'll just post the important part.

I have read over your ticket about a recent issue with not receiving the Big Bag of Pet Supplies after completing the quest on your main and alt with the Pet Menagerie. It would appear at this time that the drop chance for this does decrease once you have all the pets. I took a look at your pet tab and it does look like you have all of the ones that do drop from this bag so far. This could be why you're noticing you're not getting it every time. More details can be found in the comments on wowhead (fansite).

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » February 2nd, 2015, 11:34 am

I think the GM didn't understand your question and probably thought you were asking why you didn't get a pet not why you didn't get the bag at all.

Random thought? it looks like the bags stack. Could you have one already in your inventory so it is going someplace unexpected instead of your first empty bag?

Marintha

Post by Marintha » February 2nd, 2015, 5:38 pm

Well, it's happened three times in a row now, and no it's not going somewhere strange. I've used the search function, turned off all addons, and today I even monitored my gold before/after turn in. I'm just not getting any kind of quest reward. :/

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » February 3rd, 2015, 6:30 am

Marintha wrote:Here, I'll just post the important part.
I have read over your ticket about a recent issue with not receiving the Big Bag of Pet Supplies after completing the quest on your main and alt with the Pet Menagerie. It would appear at this time that the drop chance for this does decrease once you have all the pets. I took a look at your pet tab and it does look like you have all of the ones that do drop from this bag so far. This could be why you're noticing you're not getting it every time. More details can be found in the comments on wowhead (fansite).
yes this gm has clearly NOT read your ticket as hes talking about PET DROP RATE.... im doing it on 3 toons everyday and get a bag on all of them every day...

Razielix
MVP
Pet Score:10583
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Razielix » February 3rd, 2015, 7:53 am

Probably the same GM that replied to me in early WOD when I ticketed for connection/latency issues and the reply was "Sorry to hear about your difficulties with The Butcher in Highmaul".. Yeah, totally what I asked about friend. :lol:

But yes, it sounds as though he assumed it was something different, so.. I guess just reply back to them and clarify the issue?
"Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire, or to challenge the Fates for another throw--a better throw--against one's destiny... What was a king to do?" - Kain

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by 3wd » February 4th, 2015, 4:51 pm

Are you sure the pet building for your alt is at level 3?

Ranok
MVP

Post by Ranok » February 5th, 2015, 12:21 am

Kpb321 wrote:Random thought? it looks like the bags stack. Could you have one already in your inventory so it is going someplace unexpected instead of your first empty bag?
Experimented, didn't open reward bag first day, kept it. Second day they did indeed stack, showed I had 2 in inventory, and I was able to open each of them separately.

Ranok
MVP

Post by Ranok » February 7th, 2015, 2:51 am

Apologies, figured you were just doing something wrong. Tonight same thing happened to me on fourth toon I ran through the Menagerie daily. Beat The Beakinator, turned in quest, ran inside Town Hall and noticed that I hadn't gotten a bag.

This is where it gets really weird. Went back to menagerie, was still greyed out question mark over questgiver. Did the pet battle again, this time when I turned in quest, got the bag.

Celticdaddy77
Pet Score:1167
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Celticdaddy77 » December 7th, 2019, 12:37 am

I have a menagerie lvl 1, and I just have done this for the 3rd day, and I was wondering what exactly are Mark of pet mastery and what are they for?

Bones_26
Pet Score:11496
Realm:Ghostlands-eu

Post by Bones_26 » December 8th, 2019, 5:23 am

They used to be the currency for buying certain pets and upgrade stones etc. But all the good stuff was changed to be purchaseable with the Legion Pet reward tokens and then it happened again in BFA. This is the standard to ensure you always do the current pet content and can't use an army of alts to farm the upgrades unless you build a new army of max level alts to farm the current epac pet contnet.

The advise is never end the expac with tokens left over/stockpilied - they wil be virtually worthless

Gbh102
Top Rater
Pet Score:11849
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Gbh102 » August 1st, 2020, 4:38 am

Well, not really worthless as you STILL can buy pets from xpac they were used to, and then AH them. Also kind useful if it comes to vendored pets with multiple breeds.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 28th, 2020, 1:57 pm

Bones_26 wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 5:23 am
They used to be the currency for buying certain pets and upgrade stones etc. But all the good stuff was changed to be purchaseable with the Legion Pet reward tokens and then it happened again in BFA. This is the standard to ensure you always do the current pet content and can't use an army of alts to farm the upgrades unless you build a new army of max level alts to farm the current epac pet contnet.

The advise is never end the expac with tokens left over/stockpilied - they wil be virtually worthless
useless for current pets , supplies or upgrades but you can still buy those older pets and they sell well on the AH as most people wont go back to do it . i have alts that farm those and level the pets from there and i sell the pets. doing that have made me over 4 million gold on 4 realms now and i use this gold to buy pets or mounts i dont have . so not completely useless