Best breed for Papi

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Forgetmenot
Pet Score:5033
Realm:Alexstrasza-us
Best breed for Papi

Post by Forgetmenot » October 24th, 2019, 7:50 am

Trying in vain so far to obtain Papi...over 250 events. Just wondering what you more experienced collectors think would be the best breed considering Papi's abilities.

I thank you so much in advance for any advice :)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Best breed for Papi

Post by Gráinne » October 24th, 2019, 1:23 pm

Up front, I have to note that I'm fussier than most about my breeds, but Papi's breed isn't going to give me any sleepless nights! Papi is just not a pet built for battle. Look to a Shore Butterfly if your focus is on the swap, or one of the more versatile birds of prey if you think the heal is relevant to a situation.

Look at the moveset. Slicing Wind is worse than Quick Attack, especially on a Flyer. Flyby is a meh attack at best, and doesn't compete with the swap of Wind Buffet. Swarm of Bees might be used in some niche case, but Preen will be better 99 times out of 100.

So, with Quick Attack, speed after losing the racial is almost out of consideration. Wind Buffet, yes, but the most important use of that will be at the start, when the racial is fresh. So there's not much to be said for the S/S, which is not really fast anyhow.

The speed difference between a P/P and P/B doesn't matter, and with that extra heal in Preen, the P/B is strictly worse than the P/P.

P/P all the way.

Forgetmenot
Pet Score:5033
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Forgetmenot » October 24th, 2019, 6:31 pm

Thank you so much for such a perfect answer.

When a pet is this frustrating to obtain, I am grateful for any information preventing me from making a mistake & keeping the wrong breed. Thanks again :)

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » October 27th, 2019, 11:41 pm

I''m going for PP as well, speed is so low, its good value going PP as not to waste too many points in the stat-budget. Quick Attack and Preen both benefit from PP as well.

Sunsoaked Flitter I'm going SS. PP isn't fast enough and BB is out of question with 2 pure breeds available.

Crimson Skipper has both SS and PS close around the 300 mark in stats. But Lash and Blind-combo opts in for going first. The damage increase of going PS doesn't outweigh going first with SS since they are so close in stats. If you don't go first with a PS all those points in speed are wasted per se.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » November 16th, 2019, 2:48 pm

I always avoid speed with flyers since they get the huge flying bonus, could be important but usually itsn't. However heals and hits with P/P are the best so its a no brainer for me. Now to actually find one lol.