8.2.5 - Three New Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us
8.2.5 - Three New Pets

Post by Waynebrady » September 25th, 2019, 11:00 am

Just in case people were not aware, there are 3 new pets in 8.2.5. These pets are related to the Bee mount:

Crimson Skipper - Drops off of the Honey Smasher rare in Stormsong (Bee mount rare). Pet cage itself (the actual drop from Honey Smasher) is not tradeable to group members, however the pet itself IS cageable.
Papi - Drops from the Harvester Event "cache" at the end. Not entirely sure if this pet is cageable (haven't confirmed). None on AH.
Sunsoaked Flitter - Drops from the Harvester Event "cache" at the end. Pet is cageable for re-sale.

Waynebrady
Top Rater

Re: 8.2.5 - Three New Pets

Post by Waynebrady » September 27th, 2019, 6:31 pm

Just wanted to add, I have yet to see Papi from an event cache, nor have I heard/seen anyone else loot it. I'm starting to wonder if he is actually in game...

Has anyone been able to pick him up? I have participated in countless Harvester Events.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » September 28th, 2019, 10:26 am

has anyone else had this problem with these new pets? I tried to buy one off the auction house and it wont let me as it has no models in game. I even turned off all my addons and still couldn't

Kyrst
Pet Score:11616
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Kyrst » September 28th, 2019, 1:55 pm

Same experience it doesn't drop. Report it to Blizzard.

Springs
Pet Score:9874
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Springs » September 29th, 2019, 11:39 am

I have a theory on Papi. You must be exalted and buy the butterfly net for 25 royal Jelly. Wowhead is reporting if you use the net prior to an event start it gives you a buff. I'm thinking this unlocks a new loot table for the event. Just hit exalted and farming mats for butterfly net to try. Why else would the net be worth 25 royal jelly? I'll report back.

Waynebrady
Top Rater

Post by Waynebrady » September 30th, 2019, 12:34 pm

Springs wrote:
September 29th, 2019, 11:39 am
I have a theory on Papi. You must be exalted and buy the butterfly net for 25 royal Jelly. Wowhead is reporting if you use the net prior to an event start it gives you a buff. I'm thinking this unlocks a new loot table for the event. Just hit exalted and farming mats for butterfly net to try. Why else would the net be worth 25 royal jelly? I'll report back.
Any news on this? Since it is not really economical to sell Royal Jelly (price has dropped considerably) I am going to buy the net myself.

Waynebrady
Top Rater

Post by Waynebrady » September 30th, 2019, 3:57 pm

I just purchased the net and used it during the Harvester Event. No luck. I am going to keep trying.

EDIT: The Butterfly net, after using it, gives you a 5 minute buff called Bee-utiful trails. I looted the cache at the end of the event with this buff up/active. No pet. It does seem a little strange that the cooldown of the toy/item coincides with the Harvester Event timer, and the buff you get coincides with the duration of the event.

Khaliah
Pet Score:9698
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Khaliah » September 30th, 2019, 7:27 pm

I also bought the net, but I didn't know when to use it, right before looting, right before starting, I have tried many different times, and I still haven't seen the pet drop. Also the groups I have been for the Harvester Event have not pass the 15th wave, so I am wondering if another condition is to get to 20 waves or more??? Also you can only loot from the event every hour. So if you do multiples events in less than an hour by joining different groups you only get to loot once. So I have been loggin every hour and use the net at different times. From now on I am going to try to use it at the beginning since I just noticed from the previous post that the buff last 5 minutes like the event.

Springs

Post by Springs » October 1st, 2019, 11:43 am

No luck so far. I'm going to attempt to use the honey from the weekly you can buy and the net on my next attempt

Moused
Pet Score:13112
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Moused » October 3rd, 2019, 7:16 am

Buying the Butterfly Net will not get Papi as for fact that the Horde is allowed too do the Bee Event and Honey Smasher for new butterflies and they can not buy the Butterfly Net so that rules out the Butterfly Net as a needed item to get Papi to drop. Also ruled out by this last reset past Tuesday is that papi is switch out from the Sun soaking one...which as far this week nobody has had a Papi drop yet.

Springs

Post by Springs » October 4th, 2019, 12:59 pm

So blizzard has confirmed Papi is working, we just haven't figured it out yet. I'm feeling confident the butterfly net is involved.. too darn expensive for it to have no purpose. So where else within the game are there butterflies? They have put new pets in past zones before. I'm going to explore pandaria tonight as it seems like a likely spot.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 4th, 2019, 1:10 pm

For reference, the comment where someone got a response back from a CM regarding Papi: https://www.wowhead.com/item=172491/pap ... id=3161218
"We have been keeping an eye on Papi at the moment. It doesn't appear to be bugged. People just haven't figured everything out yet."
CMs have been wrong before, so take from this what you will. It probably wouldn't hurt to try more/different things to find Papi though.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Laraven » October 6th, 2019, 1:08 pm

I think there is 4 new butterfly pets.

Yellow, Red, Blue and the Purple Papi pet that has not been figured out yet. Ive tried kiting Smasher to the Hive. He resets. Ive also tried to bee dance with the bee mount to the Queen and Event bees. No luck yet! The Wow discord group is working on it too. Im sure they will figure it out soon.

Silverstarr
MVP
Pet Score:13914
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Silverstarr » October 10th, 2019, 12:39 am

I'm thinking that the pet was bugged, since according to Wowhead comments several people have looted Papi today (Wed., Oct. 9) from the honeycomb after an Harvester event. I joined a group finder group tonight and was thrilled to get one myself. Out of the people in the raid group, I only saw that one in the loot chat. We had gotten to the rare in the 20th wave but didn't kill it in time. I'm exalted with the faction but haven't gotten the bee mount yet, and only had the goggle buff active. Hopefully more will start showing up now!

Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Laraven » October 11th, 2019, 2:43 pm

Yeah it was def a bug. Ive seen a few drop today and yesterday in event groups.