classic

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jimmer
Pet Score:9537
Realm:Earthen Ring-us
classic

Post by Jimmer » August 19th, 2019, 12:41 am

Is there a guid to get the pets in classic. ( I assume there are a few back then)

Scottie81
Pet Score:9069
Realm:Illidan-us

Re: classic

Post by Scottie81 » August 19th, 2019, 4:12 am

I don't know of any guides, but if you just use the pet filters on this site, you can use the following filters:

https://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter/#
Collectible in: Classic - Include
Source: Promotion - Exclude
Source: Trading Card Game - Exclude

That will give you about 46 pets, many of which aren't really hidden in any way. Some will have sources listed that weren't in the game in Classic, but that's because the current source in retail has changed (cat that used to drop off Cookie is now for sale in Netherstorm; Engineering craftable is now a Blingtron drop; etc...).

Jimmer
Pet Score:9537
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Jimmer » August 19th, 2019, 9:01 am

Thanks for the post, I hope most of those will be in the game from the start I forgot to check on the beta.

Miki
Top Rater
Pet Score:4559
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Miki » August 24th, 2019, 9:08 am

I also came here looking for a pet guide for Classic WoW. I mean - if not here, then where? :-)

I can't find any, however :-(

Are there any plans for a guide? Considering the small amount of pets in Classic - and the fact that most likely, no new ones are ever added - it wouldn't have to be a great big epic guide... just a little one?

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 25th, 2019, 12:23 am

REMEMBER NO PET TAB BACK THEN AND YOU HAVE TO CARRY THE PET ON YOU IN THE SMALL BAGS BACK THEN

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » August 25th, 2019, 10:18 am

Digem wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 12:23 am
REMEMBER NO PET TAB BACK THEN AND YOU HAVE TO CARRY THE PET ON YOU IN THE SMALL BAGS BACK THEN
I keep thinking that there won't be any pet battles for a while ... in the early days, there was no pet anything for at least several years ... so maybe after an update or two later it might show up, but I kinda doubt it.

The only concern I have was that in the old days, they allowed you to make some gear, from Cloth and Leather and Stone, and you could get to Level 10 or so, and have two or three of those pieces ... since that time they have killed the professions to be almost completely useless and equipment that you make about 5 levels behind your actual level, and a mob drop is better than what you can make ... which is stupid ... it helps in the adding some moolah to your bags, but the amount is so small ... it's sick! Specially now ... a big ring ... 7 copper! That's just sick!

Some folks think that "classic" will be golden, but I doubt it will last ... why? Too many of the folks today are geeks and just xperience gunks, and the old game was much harder and you did group to make the playing easier, but the status of the game today is ... single ... no groups! ... and this has another consequence that today's players will not abide by ... in those days, it took 40 people 8 hours to get half of MOLTEN CORE done, and the same (almost) 40 people next day for another 8 hours to get the second half done ... and getting 40 people together, TODAY ... for 5 minutes is a joke ... and then for that long?

Yesterday was a different game based on the computer's abilities ... today's machines have made the old game redundant ... and I know that you are not stupid enough to be driving a MODEL T on I-5 or ROUTE 66 ... you will not only be stopped and removed, you might even get arrested for being drunk with imaginary ideas! ;)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 25th, 2019, 3:34 pm

Very quick overview of vanity pets available in Classic WoW: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18474
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gabrizar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13620
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gabrizar » August 26th, 2019, 5:49 pm

Pet tab and pet battle is from the Pandaria exp, so if they add it, it will be YEARS. It took 7 years for it to be announced at Blizzcon as a upcoming thing in the next exp.
I did collect pets back in Classic as well, but it was just a vanity thing back then, a bit extra cute pixels who didn't do or add anything.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » September 3rd, 2019, 1:37 am

Gabrizar wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 5:49 pm
Pet tab and pet battle is from the Pandaria exp, so if they add it, it will be YEARS.
Pet Tab is from Cataclysm, actually.

Gabrizar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13620
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gabrizar » September 13th, 2019, 7:24 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 1:37 am
Gabrizar wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 5:49 pm
Pet tab and pet battle is from the Pandaria exp, so if they add it, it will be YEARS.
Pet Tab is from Cataclysm, actually.
Technically you are right in that it was added like a month before Pandaria went live, in the prepatch for the expansion. It was also up for testing even before that, in the Mist of Pandaria BETA.
https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Pet_Battle_System