Slimy Pets which one for PVP

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Lordy
Pet Score:10871
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Slimy Pets which one for PVP

Post by Lordy » July 5th, 2019, 4:22 am

So I should get my first slimy pets today after feeding those hungry slimes in Nazjatar for the past week.

Though all the move sets look the same I can see the families and combat stats are all different. So which ones do you guys think will be better for PvP? Seeing they have a dodge move I'm guessing a faster breed would be best or are they better off being more powerful and using other moves instead.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Re: Slimy Pets which one for PVP

Post by Digem » July 8th, 2019, 8:29 am

Considering their move base is strong against flying pets and flying pets aren’t used the most for PvP I think none of them will be big for PvP as undead and healer pets rule that domain . They could be very useful for future pet tamer fights especially if you need to kill them with all of one pet family for future achievements or pet dungeons

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646

Post by Rosqo » July 9th, 2019, 1:12 am

The Slimy Darkhunter has the same level of inflated stats as the Hermit Crab so obviously it will be a fairly solid choice. Go with the P/S breed here as it's faster having the large health pool it does means it can withstand the aoe meta fairly well.
I've also got the Fangtooth it's an s/s breed and is OK.
With these teams I would run them with moonlight strategies where possible as it buffs their damage and gives more flexibility against opposition weather effects.

Lordy
Pet Score:10871

Post by Lordy » July 9th, 2019, 3:22 am

I seem to come across no end of Fel-Aflicted Skyfin's in my Meta Digem. Though to be fair other than those and the odd darkness bird you're right I rarely see any other flyers in PvP.

I didn't notice the stat bias on the Darkfin Rosqo. That does give it rather an obvious edge over the other guys. :) Sadly I haven't hatched one of those yet still fingers crossed after tomorrows reset I'll see if I can snag one.

Cheers guys

Rosqo

Post by Rosqo » July 9th, 2019, 5:32 am

Honestly the damage type is pretty irrelevant to any decision. I see as many fas, falcasours, ikkys and darkness fliers as any other family. The only family that is barely seen is magic type.
If people only want one get the Darkhunter and for a range of reasons it's good.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » July 12th, 2019, 10:37 am

Rosqo wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 5:32 am
Honestly the damage type is pretty irrelevant to any decision. I see as many fas, falcasours, ikkys and darkness fliers as any other family. The only family that is barely seen is magic type.
If people only want one get the Darkhunter and for a range of reasons it's good.
Those pets all have swarm, flock or black claw which lead to big hits the slimey pets don’t

Rosqo

Post by Rosqo » July 12th, 2019, 11:36 am

Black Claw, Swarm and Flock are not viable in PVP. These are PVE strategies that players try and carry over into PVP that exactly why the Slimy Darkhunter is viable. Players with a poor understanding of PVP bringing the wrong pets to the queue.