Which is the best Breed ID??

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Humbelle
Pet Score:4574
Realm:Argent Dawn-us
Which is the best Breed ID??

Post by Humbelle » January 3rd, 2013, 10:57 am

Does anyone have a list of what Breed ID is the best for each pet??

For example, the Restless Shadeling has 4 Breed IDs. 6, 9, 16 & 19. The power is the same on all 4, but the speed is highest on 9 & 19. So it stands to reason that the best breed IDs would be 9 & 19.

But most pets with multiple breed IDs have one that is high in speed and one high in power. So how can you tell which is better for each pet. Does anyone have a list that would tell which is more important for each pet?? I'm sure that the information is available, but I'd rather not re-invent the wheel if someone else has already done it.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Re: Which is the best Breed ID??

Post by Dakaf » January 3rd, 2013, 1:41 pm

If you go into the pet you're wondering about, you can click on the battle tag. From there go to where the three bars are on the side. You can scroll through the breedids there and find the one you want to capture.

Generally, higher power is better for pvp. Preference is best for everything else IMO.

Good luck!
Dakaf
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 3rd, 2013, 3:31 pm

What Dakaf said. "Best" breed mainly depends on what you plan on doing with your pet team.

There are certain pets that have especially strong breeds due to the nature of their abilities, but overall for pet PVE, it's really up to what you feel most comfortable with.

Some logical choices for certain pets include but are not limited to:
  • Flayer Youngling - fastest breed (5) because its Blitz and Kick ability are utilized best if used first each round.
    Rapana Whelk - highest power breed (3,13) since its self healing attack relies mainly on how hard it hits.
    Most flying pets - high power/health are usually preferred since flyers have a passive speed bonus.
These are all debatable, though, so it really is up to you.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Shakesbeard
Top Rater
Pet Score:4734
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Shakesbeard » January 3rd, 2013, 3:31 pm

actually quite often speed is better for pvp, depends on the pet's abilities

for shadeling, i went with high hp... imo the speed won't get you much, except with the block in slot 3... but you'll probably take the damage/heal ability for slot 3... and even the speed version is only 275-ish at level 25 rare, not that fast

i think the general opinion about shadeling breed is that it doesn't matter for it as much as breed matters for other pets
MADORAN__ <WCP> Shakesbeard
___________<LPL> Factotem
___________<PP> Orcane, Shrecksar, Remoo

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » January 4th, 2013, 4:49 pm

Along this line, what pets do you worry about the breed ID on? For example, the average frog/toad, any rare is fine, but for Spawn of Onyxia, you want breed 4/14. Flayer Youngling you want 5/15, etc. Obviously the average battler isn't going to use the majority of their pets, after they're leveled, so what pets should we think about the breed ID on?

Elewis
MVP
Pet Score:7758
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Elewis » January 4th, 2013, 5:05 pm

It would be such a huge help if you could put in battle info those pets that have a preferred pet id or stat, ie flayer youngling speed. I'm sitting at my desk going through everyone of my 309 pets listing rarity and pet id's trying to find the best combinations. I'm going blind and crazy trying to figure it out and looking at all the comments on each one would take a week. Please I am begging. :cry:

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » January 8th, 2013, 10:53 am

Elewis wrote:It would be such a huge help if you could put in battle info those pets that have a preferred pet id or stat, ie flayer youngling speed. I'm sitting at my desk going through everyone of my 309 pets listing rarity and pet id's trying to find the best combinations. I'm going blind and crazy trying to figure it out and looking at all the comments on each one would take a week. Please I am begging. :cry:

If someone could do this it would be a huge help. I have been trying to figure out which is the best breed for the pets that really matter and I has been making me go nuts.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."