Problems with Blizz Store & Collector's Edition pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Amaranthia
Pet Score:9893
Realm:Dath'Remar-us
Problems with Blizz Store & Collector's Edition pets

Post by Amaranthia » December 26th, 2012, 12:37 am

Is anyone else experiencing this bug? Every so often, some of my Blizz Store or Collector's Edition pets grey out and cannot be summoned. They still appear as collected in my pet window, but I cannot summon them.

It happens to some of the mounts as well.

Has anyone else experienced it and does anyone know why it's happening? I keep having to open tickets and have GMs sort it out. I would prefer to stop it happening at all if I can.

Cheers.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Problems with Blizz Store & Collector's Edition pets

Post by Quintessence » December 26th, 2012, 1:48 am

If you use addons, perhaps it's an addon that's conflicting with another addon or the Blizzard UI itself. Maybe try disabling them whenever a pet gets greyed out.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » December 26th, 2012, 6:48 am

Yes, it happened on my wife's account when we added a new account to her battle.net account for our son to use. All the store bought pets suddenly could not be summoned. A GM was able to fix all but the CInder Kitten and Soul of the Aspects.

For us it is not an addon issue. It happens no matter what computer she logs into (we have 4 computers that can run Wow), even the brand new computer we got for our son with a fresh install and no addons.

Amaranthia

Post by Amaranthia » December 27th, 2012, 8:25 pm

Yep, definitely not an addon issue. I've tried that and it made no difference and when I raised tickets, GMs never mentioned addons.

But I did get a response to my latest ticket that gives me some hope:
I'm sorry to hear that some of your pets are having issues! There is currently a known issue with pets that our Developers are working on a fix for, and hope to have in an upcoming patch.

I have fixed the pets that are having the issue for you, and they are good to go now! This may happen again, and for that I apologize =( Our Developers are looking into a fix for it, so you won't lose your pets permanently, we will be able to reastore them :D
So there is a back end problem, if your Blizz Store or Collector Edition pets disappear or cannot be summoned.

In the meantime, I guess you have to put in a ticket if one of them cannot be summoned.

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » December 28th, 2012, 5:40 am

Amaranthia, are you able to summon them all now?

We got a similar response, saying there was something the devs were working on, but my wife sill can't summon two pets.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 28th, 2012, 1:37 pm

I have all the store pets and all but 1 of the CE pets but have never had that issue. Even with the addons I use.

I'm not sure. You could you addon control panel to enable and disable addons 1 at a time to test them out. ACP is great for this kind of troubleshooting.

Amaranthia

Post by Amaranthia » January 3rd, 2013, 4:14 pm

Spyro wrote:Amaranthia, are you able to summon them all now?

We got a similar response, saying there was something the devs were working on, but my wife sill can't summon two pets.
Yes, the GMs were able to restore access to all my pets. It won't stop them from being un-summonable in the future, but for the moment I can still access them again.

Also, if they are pets you receive in the mail and if your wife has free slots on her account, you can roll a new toon, get the pets out of the bank, relearn them and have access to them again. Unfortunately, I don't have free slots on my account anymore, so I have to go through a GM to do it.

Rosetta
Pet Score:7172
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Rosetta » January 3rd, 2013, 4:35 pm

I have been having the same problem for 2 months now.

My Cenarion Hatchling and both Moonkin pets are gray and unusable. I have ticketed 4 times and spoke to 4 different GM's.

1st GM - Tried to apply a fix and asked me to relog all my chars and create a new lvl 1 char. After this I gained extra 60 pets which the GM said I could keep. Some I sold for gold ..yey. The fix did not work.

2nd GM - Deleted my 3 pets and mailed me new ones. Worked for about 1 week before going gray again.

3rd GM - Removed the 3 pets, and did 3 transactions from Blizzstore, whereby I even had emails with the order transaction as you would get if you bought blizzstore pets, got these in the mail but were instantly gray.

4th GM - Tried to apply a different type of fix but did not work and advised me they have developers looking at it and all I can do for now is wait, nothing further they can do.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » January 4th, 2013, 3:48 pm

Just started happening to me. Guess I'll wait until the fix is in to finish leveling them.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » January 4th, 2013, 4:52 pm

I remember this happening during the beta... so it's been an ongoing problem for a while now.

Silmarwen
Pet Score:2226
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Silmarwen » April 24th, 2016, 11:03 am

Sorry to rez an old, old thread, but my Cenarion Hatchling has disappeared for the second time! The first time, a GM found it "in the nether," and restored it, but I just looked (a year later) and it's gone again! Frustrating. Have opened a ticket.