Uncaging Battle Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Amargodreams
Top Rater
Pet Score:3933
Realm:Ravencrest-us
Uncaging Battle Pets

Post by Amargodreams » January 3rd, 2013, 11:43 am

My friend decided to help me level a battle pet to 25 because I've been too busy. However, it said pet level too high to uncage?? But he can cage and uncage it all day long. Are they restrictions from receiving/buying already lvled battle pets??

Jin
Pet Score:5378
Realm:Eonar-eu

Re: Uncaging Battle Pets

Post by Jin » January 3rd, 2013, 11:58 am

You can only uncage pets that are of the same level or lower than the level of your highest pet.
If you level one of your pets to 25 you will be able to uncage it.

Pandorra
Pet Score:3199
BattleTag®:Lillydawn#1511
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Pandorra » January 3rd, 2013, 12:00 pm

From what I understand, you must have a pet of the same or higher level already before you can uncage one.

I believe you can, say, grab 3 level 1 pets and use them to capture level 4 pets,
then take those 3 level 4 pets and use them to capture level 8 pets,
then use those 3 level 8 pets to capture level 12 pets, etc and try to hop up the level scale that way.
But the highest level you wind up with through level jumping is 22, I believe,
because the capture of a level 24 pet makes it lose 2 levels because of the trauma of being caught, lol.

Then, just level one of those 22s up to 25, then you can uncage level 25s.

Hopefully this makes sense to someone other than me, haha, and I hope that helps.

~Pandorra

Amargodreams
Top Rater
Pet Score:3933
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Amargodreams » January 3rd, 2013, 12:06 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. I guess people selling the teams of level 25 pets are really pulling a fast one on people. and thanks for the tips on leveling up a 25 faster or taming a 22 faster hehe. I get so distracted when attempt to do pet battles it usually takes me hours to get 1 lvl.

Jin
Pet Score:5378
Realm:Eonar-eu

Post by Jin » January 3rd, 2013, 12:41 pm

Well as long as the buyer already owns a lvl 25 pet ha can use max level pets and since it's a good idea to have many different teams to counter the trainers and for pvp I don't see any problems with selling lvl 25 teams to those that are too busy to level them up by themselves. :D

Tadedra
Pet Score:7267
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Tadedra » January 3rd, 2013, 7:00 pm

Yes, this was a very sad winter veil moment for me. By sheer happenstance, I got an extra Lumpy, and spent all day leveling to 25 - on xmas eve mind you. Then about 6am wrapped him up (don't even want to get into how I couldn't see the wrapping paper work on the pet) and sent him to my husband. Tried to wait till he woke up all natural like but ended up running into the bed room waking him up and making him open the present right then and there only to realize he couldn't uncage and learn the pet. Wah Wah.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » January 4th, 2013, 2:24 pm

AWWWWW! Hold onto that Lumpy and once your husband gets a 25 on anything, pass it over to him. :)