RWL VI: Battle discussion!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu
RWL VI: Battle discussion!

Post by Vakeetah » March 12th, 2019, 5:29 pm

As usual, the RWL achievements add a bunch of pets; and while the goal is often collecting them all, I think it'd be good to see if they'd bring anything interesting or unique to the battling scene.

I haven't had the time to check every pet in detail and the patch hasn't hit the EU servers yet, but at a glance, there's one that stands out - the Ravenous Prideling, as it is the first to ever include an offensive dispel (Disruption). This alone will earn it a place in many strategies -assuming it works!- so it is one I want to add to my collection no matter what.

Also, Happiness has the Corrupted Touch ability... which, if the tooltip is remotely correct, deals around 1500 damage with no cooldown... {◕ ◡ ◕}
Hopefully it's a bug, otherwise their owners are going to be really happy!

As for the others, they seem to be kind of generic in terms of looks and skills; so their usefulness will probably come down to breed.

What about you, have you found any hidden gems among the RWL6 pets?
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Sile9
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Re: RWL VI: Battle discussion!

Post by Sile9 » March 13th, 2019, 5:19 am

The Corrupted Touch tooltip is definitely incorrect. Its ticking damage is on par with Immolate. Even so, Happiness is very unique as it is the only pet with two dots - one a lengthy field effect - and a feign. Although Void Portal is pretty poopy, the dot-and-swap routine together with the high power stat and Darkness immunity make for an effective Plagued Blood setup.

Spirit of the Spring has a solid speed build with major debuff potential. This is currently the only pet with both Flash Freeze and a speed-based primary attack. In addition to being a substantial nuke, Flash Freeze applies its massive slow for 5 long turns which can outright cripple speed-based pets; together with a base speed of 305, Spirit of the Spring can even outmaneuver some Flying pets with their racial. Slippery Ice benefits from the speed advantage adding another potential chance to miss on top of allowing convenient reapplication before death. The two sources of Chilled make for excellent Deep Freeze setup.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » March 14th, 2019, 11:48 pm

Yeah, tooltip for Corrupted Touch is totally wrong, don't even know how they got it so far off. Playing a 25 Happiness elemental, says 249 Elemental damage plus 446 Elemental damage each round. The 249 is right, but trying it against both a flyer and a beast, them with no buffs, the extra turns out to be 107. Which isn't even a sub-multiple of 446.

Admit if it actually was the 446, would be ridiculously overpowered ability, But I'm not proud, I woulda cheerfully used it :)

Louk
Pet Score:9544
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Louk » March 22nd, 2019, 9:03 am

The models look good. I wish they would have made collecting them a little more challenging. By the next day I had all of them plus extras. They're already a dime a dozen on the AH. Too bad because I was hoping they would have me looking forward to resets again.
I'm not seeing anything that is really going to shine in pvp. I'll have to mix and match to see if I can find some synergies.
The tool tip being off on Happiness hints that the whole project was rushed or understaffed.

Brawler
Top Rater
Pet Score:6347
Realm:Jaedenar-us

Post by Brawler » March 22nd, 2019, 9:13 am

Kor'thik Swarmling is a solid addition and automatically finds itself towards the top of the meta just on the grounds alone of how it utterly dismantles the TCS.

Wayward Spirit has its uses as well. Though I'm a tad bias and love almost any pet with a Feign Death type ability.

Stoneclaw can be used in a troll~ish/stalling kind of way, but that's about it.

Everything else on the list a pretty much forgettable and/or garbage (due to poor breeds) just to pump up our numbers up.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » March 25th, 2019, 6:16 pm

Louk wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 9:03 am
The tool tip being off on Happiness hints that the whole project was rushed or understaffed.
Errors make it to release all the time, no matter how much effort they put into it. That's just game development.

Louk
Pet Score:9544
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Louk » April 1st, 2019, 10:42 pm

Gilneas wrote:
March 25th, 2019, 6:16 pm
Louk wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 9:03 am
Errors make it to release all the time, no matter how much effort they put into it. That's just game development.
Bet they never fix it.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » April 2nd, 2019, 4:59 pm

It will most certainly get fixed. It might not be fast because a tooltip only error is a low priority bug to fix, but it will get fixed.