Pet Leveling

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Merangel
Pet Score:6930
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us
Pet Leveling

Post by Merangel » December 31st, 2018, 7:48 pm

Besides from Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Squirt days, what are some other good spots to level pets? Especially level 1 pets. I keep trying to plvl my level 1 pets at vale of eternal blossoms but they keep dying.

Tekulve2018
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Pet Leveling

Post by Tekulve2018 » December 31st, 2018, 9:21 pm

2 spots I have used:
a) halfhill .. lots of crickets near lucky yi
Use the cornish rex cat with ravage if you are low on bandages... mpd to decoy for your lvl 1

b) shadowmoon valley theres a beach north east of elodor with lots of crabs..lvl 24s and 25s
This is great if you want the pretty cool pet monument in garrison (2k draenor pet battles)
Most people have loads of flying pets so, again, less bandages needed
Tekulve

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » December 31st, 2018, 9:28 pm

The Marsh Fiddler that are all over farmlands east of Halfhill are my go-to for getting a level 1 pet started. Of the six possible moves they might start with, only one, Skitter, generally kills a level 1. Swap after Round 1 and follow up with a couple of 25 Beasts and get a quick bump to level 5 or 6.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » December 31st, 2018, 11:18 pm

Remember that now all Family Familiar Legion tamers, except Durian for some reason, are infinitely repeatable, giving full tamer XP each time. And available all the time. And every pet week, they are equivalent to SuperSquirt.

Nyari suggested this order of speed/easiness for levelling: Squirt > Odrogg > Galveston > Bodhi > Tiffany > Robert > Andurs > Xorvasc > Grixis > Jarrun > Amalia > Aulier > Varenne > Merayl > Bredda but I'm sure you will have your own preferences. I levelled a dozen or so new-ish pets with Odrogg in about a quarter of an hour this week. And that is available every pet week, as well as every week with regular Tamer XP - no more waiting for SuperSquirt a couple of times a year!

Rakrath
Pet Score:8562
Realm:Blackrock-eu

Post by Rakrath » January 1st, 2019, 1:41 am

I was under the impression that the wq needs to be active to fight them. (The legion ones)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » January 1st, 2019, 1:57 pm

Yes, and I'm sorry if what I wrote I suggested otherwise. I did get kind of tangled up in what I was trying to say.

Let me try again.

Legion Family tamers, when their World Quests are up, are infinitely repeatable, so you can get more-or-less the same XP as Squirt from them. And every day, it is pretty sure that at least one of them is up. It's not quite as good as a permanent Squirt, because some of them are slower, and you will need bandages instead of having the heal beside you, but it's close. And it's all the time.

And because at least one of these tamers is pretty much always available, you can pig out on pet week with the Squirt-level XP times 3, every day of every pet week. I see Sir Galveston is up in both NA and EU right now, according to Wowhead. (Hm, thats pretty rare. Wonder if Wowhead have that right.)

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 3rd, 2019, 4:05 am

Merangel wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 7:48 pm
Besides from Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Squirt days, what are some other good spots to level pets? Especially level 1 pets. I keep trying to plvl my level 1 pets at vale of eternal blossoms but they keep dying.
WoD Dailies are good for levelling.. Once per day PER ACCOUNT..

Koleckai
Pet Score:9001
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Koleckai » January 3rd, 2019, 2:16 pm

Ranok wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 9:28 pm
The Marsh Fiddler that are all over farmlands east of Halfhill are my go-to for getting a level 1 pet started. Of the six possible moves they might start with, only one, Skitter, generally kills a level 1. Swap after Round 1 and follow up with a couple of 25 Beasts and get a quick bump to level 5 or 6.
I did this last week with the majority of level 1s that I have. 150 battles or so.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » January 14th, 2019, 8:57 am

Gráinne wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 11:18 pm
Remember that now all Family Familiar Legion tamers, except Durian for some reason, are infinitely repeatable, giving full tamer XP each time. And available all the time. And every pet week, they are equivalent to SuperSquirt.
With only one problem ... not a problem, but case ... all of your pets and mine are at 25 and Rare ... we don't need this anymore. And I find the strategy of using Level 1 pets, really off its rocker and sometimes stupid ... so few of us keep/have pets that are not full and blue ... to try such a fight at level 1.

Heck, I barely do Ashlei once a day ... more like 2 or 3 times per week now ... and the only one that I do on all my characters (not Account !!!!!!), is the Murlocs, although it looks like I could do it with other tamers ... but I have no need for it ... and I tend to save all the low levels for Squirt, though it looks like I don't have to anymore, but chasing which ones to fight ... might be a good thing ... and for all intents and purposes, within an hour of getting a pet it will be 25 and Rare!

Maybe one day I'll get lucky and 5 pets drop! Right now, it's a drag, just to get 1 pet per week, maybe 2, without going to raid the Auction House!