Gnomeregan Pet Battle Dungeon Am I missing something?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Redscouse
Pet Score:13390
Realm:Mazrigos-eu
Gnomeregan Pet Battle Dungeon Am I missing something?

Post by Redscouse » December 18th, 2018, 6:04 am

A bit late but I finally picked up the quest to go visit Gnomeregan to start the pet battles as a Horde as far as I am aware the only two ways of entering the dungeon is via the portal in Grom Gol in Stranglethorn which takes you directly into the dungeon or through the front door which as Horde is suicide as the number of guards is ridiculous you get one shotted everytime as a cloth wearing mage anyway. Then you have to run back from Kharanos which is a pain. Is there another way I don't know about. The other pet dungeons have portals to get to why not this one?

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Gnomeregan Pet Battle Dungeon Am I missing something?

Post by Gráinne » December 18th, 2018, 7:16 am

From Gisero on Wowhead comments:

This process seems to work to travel there for Horde. Of course, after your first run, you can just teleport there directly.

1. go to Grom’gol Base Camp in Nothern Stranglethorn
2. take the teleport into Gnomegeran
3. create a custom group and instantly leave it (or join an existing group)
4. wait a minute to get teleported out of the dungeon
5. You’ll spawn right before the NPC! No deaths, no repair costs!

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » December 18th, 2018, 2:29 pm

Would be nice if where the NPC was matched where he is shown on the map!

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » December 19th, 2018, 6:06 am

Redscouse wrote:A bit late but I finally picked up the quest to go visit Gnomeregan to start the pet battles as a Horde as far as I am aware the only two ways of entering the dungeon is via the portal in Grom Gol in Stranglethorn which takes you directly into the dungeon or through the front door which as Horde is suicide as the number of guards is ridiculous you get one shotted everytime as a cloth wearing mage anyway. Then you have to run back from Kharanos which is a pain. Is there another way I don't know about. The other pet dungeons have portals to get to why not this one?
while it doesn't help for first run, once you have completed the dungeon, you can teleport there in the future from the same NPC that sends you to DM and WC..

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 19th, 2018, 3:59 pm

Dalandius wrote:Would be nice if where the NPC was matched where he is shown on the map!
Ugh, THIS. I was outside, inside, running around everywhere (along with several other people), trying to figure out if the guy was somehow PART OF THE WALL... read guides just trying to figure it out. I tried checking the side entrance but not the main one. Finally someone said, "Did you check the main entrance?" Ugh.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » December 20th, 2018, 6:44 am

Peanutty wrote:
Dalandius wrote:Would be nice if where the NPC was matched where he is shown on the map!
Ugh, THIS. I was outside, inside, running around everywhere (along with several other people), trying to figure out if the guy was somehow PART OF THE WALL... read guides just trying to figure it out. I tried checking the side entrance but not the main one. Finally someone said, "Did you check the main entrance?" Ugh.
Same here! :roll: :lol:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » December 20th, 2018, 1:47 pm

Same here :oops:
Posted a comment on Wowhead to give folks a heads up even...

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » December 24th, 2018, 8:48 am

Hi,

I think I did one pet battle at the entry, and nothing I used lasted the first pet, and I gave up until I read some more on it. The battles did not look like a lot of fun to me!

I'm not happy with the "Pet Battle Dungeon" thing, and I think the rewards are ridiculous ... look at some of the strategies for most of the battles in BoA, and not a single pet from any of those dungeons seems to be listed ... what's the point? Give folks more crap? More Critters and Beasts with the same numbers?

I forgot ... at Christmas, ALL CHOCOLATE tastes the same! So does the Turkey. AND the Ham ... and the Yams ...

Happy Holidays everyone! Pet fun tomorrow!