Breed ID acronyms ?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us
Breed ID acronyms ?

Post by Dragonwizard » January 3rd, 2013, 2:28 pm

I was a avid collector prior to MoPs release (160+ pets then) and now that I have time I'm loving the whole pet battle aspect of the game.

I have been reading the forums here for a while now and have been seeing a lot of people commenting on get breed ID 4, 7, 8 etc for certain pets. I understand the whole ID thing (thanks to all of you guys :) ) but when I see people saying "should I get a S/S or P/S" I have no clue what they are talking about. I looked around and haven't found anything to say what ID a S/S is or anything like it. If someone could just let me know all the different acronyms and what each means or even point me in the right direction on where to find that information I would truely appriciate it.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Suspiro
Top Rater
Pet Score:4140
BattleTag®:Loni#1589
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Re: Breed ID acronyms ?

Post by Suspiro » January 3rd, 2013, 2:31 pm

Dragonwizard wrote:I was a avid collector prior to MoPs release (160+ pets then) and now that I have time I'm loving the whole pet battle aspect of the game.

I have been reading the forums here for a while now and have been seeing a lot of people commenting on get breed ID 4, 7, 8 etc for certain pets. I understand the whole ID thing (thanks to all of you guys :) ) but when I see people saying "should I get a S/S or P/S" I have no clue what they are talking about. I looked around and haven't found anything to say what ID a S/S is or anything like it. If someone could just let me know all the different acronyms and what each means or even point me in the right direction on where to find that information I would truely appriciate it.
03/13: B/B
04/14: P/P
05/15: S/S
06/16: H/H
07/17: H/P
08/18: P/S
09/19: H/S
10/20: P/B
11/21: S/B
12/22: H/B

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 3rd, 2013, 3:18 pm

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe each stands for the following:

P = power
S = speed
H = health
B = balanced (??)

So for a "P/S", it would mean Power/Speed....? Err, right?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Suspiro
Top Rater
Pet Score:4140
BattleTag®:Loni#1589
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Post by Suspiro » January 3rd, 2013, 3:25 pm

Quintessence wrote:Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe each stands for the following:

P = power
S = speed
H = health
B = balanced (??)

So for a "P/S", it would mean Power/Speed....? Err, right?
Correct!

Druegar
MVP
Pet Score:11920
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Druegar » January 3rd, 2013, 6:07 pm

03/13 = B/B = all stats equally weighted
04/14 = P/P = Highest Power with low Health and Speed
05/15 = S/S = Highest Speed with low Health and Power
06/16 = H/H = Highest Health with low Power and Speed
07/17 = H/P = Good Health and Power (low Speed)
08/18 = P/S = Good Power and Speed (low Health)
09/19 = H/S = Good health and Speed (low Power)
10/20 = P/B = Good Power with lower but equally weighted Health and Speed
11/21 = S/B = Good Speed with lower but equally weighted Health and Power
12/22 = H/B = Good Health with lower but equally weighted Power and Speed

Technically speaking, using numerals to indicate breed also informs the gender of the pet. But since gender is neither determinable nor currently useful in-game, I much prefer the use of letters. I find it far easier to remember what four letters correspond to rather than what ten numbers correspond to.

BTW, this chart illustrates this concept quite well.
Last edited by Druegar on January 14th, 2013, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » January 3rd, 2013, 7:10 pm

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."