Your first pet ever?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Phaedra
Top Rater
Pet Score:7117
Realm:Gilneas-us
Re: Your first pet ever?

Post by Phaedra » December 4th, 2011, 9:01 am

I'm pretty sure my very first pet was the Westfall Chicken. I'm pretty sure I got after reading Breanni's forum post about pet collecting waaaay back in the day.

Moritach
MVP
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Moritach » December 4th, 2011, 9:03 am

My first pet ever would've been the panda cub, but the pet that got me into collecting was the brown snake. I was a total noob and hadn't seen very many pets and then a friend got me the brown snake and told me how he'd got it from the horde side. To me back then that was somewhat mindblowing and I was off hunting pets. ^^

Bensato
Pet Score:4970
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Bensato » December 4th, 2011, 9:06 am

Like Zingela, my first pet was a Mecha-squirrel from a friend in my first week of playing... loved it big time! When I really started filling my bags/bank with pets would be having the Dark, then the Emerald Whelplings drop in a short space of time.

Night893
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Night893 » December 4th, 2011, 9:21 am

My first pet was mini diablo, but I didn't actually start collecting them till someone gave me I think the dark whelpling as a gift for helping them. That was when I got addicted to it >.<;

Anjalie
Pet Score:10204
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Anjalie » December 4th, 2011, 10:58 am

When I was just a wee night elf huntress a friend I met in EQ, who was already Level 40 (very impressive at that time) , gave me a silver tabby and that was the moment I knew I'd be a pet collector.

Shalura
Pet Score:7233
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Shalura » December 4th, 2011, 1:19 pm

Twilight wrote:I have no idea. I'm still playing my first character, and I started playing her at launch. So ... maybe one of the owls? I remember dying my way through Wetlands to Ironforge to Stormwind to get the cats, way back when, so they could have been first.
Probably an owl for me too. The first pet I put any effort into getting (besides just going to a vendor) was Lil' Smoky though, so I consider that my "first" pet.

Maleika

Post by Maleika » December 4th, 2011, 3:21 pm

First was my Cobra Hatchling. Given to me by my best friend after seeing someone get the "Can I keep him?" achieve. Machanical Squirrel was my next. Been collecting ever since.

Meneleah

Post by Meneleah » December 4th, 2011, 4:00 pm

I was new to the game, guild-less, friendless so pretty much learning everything on my own. I finally made it to Thunder Bluff. Picture a wide eye country girl in New York city for the first time, that was me. I made it a point to check out every NPC, finally I made it to a hut where there was a guy (Halpa) whose only merchandise was a whistle, a prairie dog whistle to be exact.

For a poor warrior like me was a pretty big decision to spend 50 silver on it but I went for it. After summoning my prairie dog for the first time I became w/out realizing it a WoW pet collector. I became obsessed with in game pets, 160 pets later I can honestly say collecting pets is one of my favorite aspects of the game.

Unohu
Top Rater
Pet Score:4444
Realm:Maelstrom-us

Post by Unohu » December 4th, 2011, 9:07 pm

I think I spent an hour feeding chickens in Westfall before I realized I was doing it wrong. Man was it worth it though.

Wenchie
Top Rater
Pet Score:4535
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Wenchie » December 4th, 2011, 11:07 pm

My boyfriend at the time (now husband!) was trying to get me into WoW. He waited patiently for me during my character creation process and showed me how to quest. When I got to my first capital and saw a Netherwelp by someone at a mailbox I just melted at the cuteness. Shortly afterward he bought me an orange tabby since my IRL cat is one, so I could have one follow me around in-game while my real one sat on the back of my chair. /pat orange tabby :)

Krazeekama
Top Rater
Pet Score:8870
Realm:Borean Tundra-us

Post by Krazeekama » December 5th, 2011, 6:17 am

I think my first pets were the cats from Elwyn Forest. Then my boyfriend bought me the white kitten from the AH. That's when I became pet obsessed.

Alaylith
Top Rater
Pet Score:6720
Realm:Antonidas-eu

Post by Alaylith » December 5th, 2011, 10:59 am

My first one was an Orange Tabby and I still got the item in my bank!

I just could not learn (and in a way destroy) this little kitten; so I bought a sister to learn. :)

Shalura
Pet Score:7233
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Shalura » December 5th, 2011, 12:54 pm

Alaylith wrote:My first one was an Orange Tabby and I still got the item in my bank!

I just could not learn (and in a way destroy) this little kitten; so I bought a sister to learn. :)
You mean you've kept it cooped up in the cage all this time? You heartless fiend! ;)

Emberdione
MVP
Pet Score:11399
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Emberdione » December 5th, 2011, 8:51 pm

My first pet was one of the cats sold by the crazy cat lady. I ended up buying up so many pets that I was too broke to train, and so I made an alt, just to pick herbs, to sell, to buy more pets.

I ran out of bag space too, then I read Breanni's guide about spreading your pets across your characters. :)

Good times.

Elion

Post by Elion » December 5th, 2011, 9:02 pm

The first pet that I ever bought was on one of my first characters who has since been deleted and mostly forgotten. It was one of the snakes, I think the Crimson one, from the snake vendor that pats in Org. I only had 1g and spent about half of my hard earned quest money on it.

Zaea
Top Rater
Pet Score:5266
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Zaea » December 5th, 2011, 9:49 pm

pretty sure my first one was also one of the owl pets. There is also a chance that one of the cats at the cat ladies house was my 1st pet too.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » December 6th, 2011, 9:24 am

The friend that made me start to play properly gave me a White Tickbird Hatchling. He was going for the mount at the time =P

Ddarke

Post by Ddarke » December 6th, 2011, 10:03 am

Panda for me too.