Black Friday deals

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Saulwhite
Pet Score:10676
Realm:Tarren Mill-eu
Black Friday deals

Post by Saulwhite » November 20th, 2018, 9:54 pm

Hi guys,

This is just a little reminder. The Black Friday sale is live in the Blizzard shop. This means that until November 26th you can buy Overwatch: Legendary Edition, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls and Starcraft II: Campaign Collection Digital Deluxe Edition with a huge discount. Buying these games will add the following battle pets to your collection: Baby Winston, Baneling, Mini Thor, Treasure Goblin and Zeradar.

Have fun shopping :)

Saul White
Last edited by Saulwhite on November 21st, 2018, 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Black Friday deals

Post by Peanutty » November 20th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Thanks for the reminder! I would've missed the sale otherwise (thought it was just Blizzard Gear on sale at this time).

Blueyesrmine
MVP
Pet Score:10082
Realm:Antonidas-us

Post by Blueyesrmine » November 21st, 2018, 5:26 pm

which ones to buy to get the pets ? its not lising the pets

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 21st, 2018, 6:15 pm

Blueyesrmine wrote:which ones to buy to get the pets ? its not lising the pets
Scroll down toward the bottom of each game page to view the extra goodies.

For the Diablo III purchase, make sure that you have "Digital Deluxe" selected before check-out. For some reason, that game title doesn't have a direct link to the version that includes additional digital goodies.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Aeolyn » November 21st, 2018, 7:09 pm

Thank you for the heads-up. I guess 10 bucks a pop for the 3 Starcraft pets isn't bad. Also, you know, Starcraft. Which I've never played but I'll give a shot, I guess. lol

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13032
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » November 22nd, 2018, 1:56 am

I was almost ready to buy Diablo 3 just to get the pet. I already have the pets from the other 2.

But it looks to me like you need the base game for that to work. So I'd have to spend $35 for a pet I'd rarely use. Not sure it's worth that.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » November 22nd, 2018, 3:35 pm

Harpooha wrote:I was almost ready to buy Diablo 3 just to get the pet. I already have the pets from the other 2.

But it looks to me like you need the base game for that to work. So I'd have to spend $35 for a pet I'd rarely use. Not sure it's worth that.
I didn't have any previous versions of Diablo and was able to get the pet with purchasing only the deluxe edition.
Last edited by Peanutty on November 23rd, 2018, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13032
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » November 23rd, 2018, 5:04 am

I went to the shop and tried to buy the "Reaper of Souls" and got this message
You’ve gotta buy Diablo® III before you can purchase Diablo® III: Reaper of Souls™ – Digital Deluxe Edition.
So at best it's $30 for a pet I'll rarely use and a game I'll never play. Still not a good deal.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 23rd, 2018, 4:56 pm

Peanutty wrote:I didn't have any previous versions of Diablo and was able to get the pet with purchasing only the deluxe edition.
I'm assuming that you did have classic D3 without realizing it (or forgot you did), which is why you were able to just get the RoS DD for the pet without buying anything else.

Do you, by chance, have Tyrael's Charger? If so, you did have classic D3. That mount was only available from the Annual Pass, which also gave a free copy of D3 classic. Many people in WoW did it because they were going to be subbed to WoW for a year anyway, so it was a free mount.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » November 23rd, 2018, 5:56 pm

Gilneas wrote:Do you, by chance, have Tyrael's Charger? If so, you did have classic D3. That mount was only available from the Annual Pass, which also gave a free copy of D3 classic. Many people in WoW did it because they were going to be subbed to WoW for a year anyway, so it was a free mount.
My bad then :( I do have the charger so I guess I'd promptly forgotten about it since it was a free copy.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » November 23rd, 2018, 5:57 pm

Harpooha wrote:I went to the shop and tried to buy the "Reaper of Souls" and got this message
You’ve gotta buy Diablo® III before you can purchase Diablo® III: Reaper of Souls™ – Digital Deluxe Edition.
So at best it's $30 for a pet I'll rarely use and a game I'll never play. Still not a good deal.
Sorry for the confusion, I didn't realize I had the original version!

Koleckai
Pet Score:9001
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Koleckai » November 23rd, 2018, 6:27 pm

Peanutty wrote:
Harpooha wrote:I went to the shop and tried to buy the "Reaper of Souls" and got this message
Sorry for the confusion, I didn't realize I had the original version!
Since you have the Tyreal's Charger mount, it seems you obtained it during the time when it was free if you agreed to play WOW for a year.

Edit: Should probably read all the replies before replying myself.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 24th, 2018, 9:00 am

Peanutty wrote: My bad then :( I do have the charger so I guess I'd promptly forgotten about it since it was a free copy.
It’s not surprising you forgot! It was over six years ago and it sounds like you only did it for the mount.

Was just trying to clarify things for people who were interested in the sale.

Starshelle
Pet Score:8403
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Starshelle » November 26th, 2018, 5:28 am

I didn't know about the Treasure Goblin, so thanks for that! It was only a $10 upgrade to me since I had purchased the non-deluxe years ago.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » November 30th, 2018, 7:44 pm

I only had enough money to spare to be able to buy the Diablo one during the sale. I have enough money now (got payed today), but the sale is over and I can't afford to spend that much just for the pets. :-(