First Posting

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Darkohl
Top Rater
Pet Score:6459
Realm:Staghelm-us
First Posting

Post by Darkohl » November 3rd, 2018, 4:55 pm

Hello all! I don't know how many people, in fact, read this stuff, but I wanted top comment on something that I find extremely asinine and just a BS rule in game. My favorite of all my collection is my Dark Whelpling. I probably worked harder for him then any other and I am into the lore of the Black Dragon flight, and in fact, have a big a big BIG brother for my pet, a black drake. So the other day I was just wasting time waiting for a call into a dungeon or island expedition or whatever, so I get thinking.. Dark Whelpling? Isn't it a member of the Black Dragonflight? So I tried to change his name to Black Whelpling thinking that would just make more sense and be smoother. When I entered the name, I instantly was rejected because the name, and I am directly quoting from the game, "That name contains mature Language. Enter a new name." Can someone please tell me what is too mature for whoever by the name "Black Whelpling?"

Thank you for your patience in reading my babble. I'm just a little pissed about this,
Darkohl

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Re: First Posting

Post by Digem » November 4th, 2018, 12:15 am

Darkohl wrote:Hello all! I don't know how many people, in fact, read this stuff, but I wanted top comment on something that I find extremely asinine and just a BS rule in game. My favorite of all my collection is my Dark Whelpling. I probably worked harder for him then any other and I am into the lore of the Black Dragon flight, and in fact, have a big a big BIG brother for my pet, a black drake. So the other day I was just wasting time waiting for a call into a dungeon or island expedition or whatever, so I get thinking.. Dark Whelpling? Isn't it a member of the Black Dragonflight? So I tried to change his name to Black Whelpling thinking that would just make more sense and be smoother. When I entered the name, I instantly was rejected because the name, and I am directly quoting from the game, "That name contains mature Language. Enter a new name." Can someone please tell me what is too mature for whoever by the name "Black Whelpling?"

Thank you for your patience in reading my babble. I'm just a little pissed about this,
Darkohl

because so many people made really racist names with their pets they put on a filter that looks for some key words . black just happens to be one of them. when we could first name pets you should of seen some of the offensive names people used

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Re: First Posting

Post by Gilneas » November 4th, 2018, 12:59 am

I imagine any word that can potentially be used in a racial context is disallowed.