Polished pet charm farm guide?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Wilykat
Pet Score:12206
Realm:Ravenholdt-us
Polished pet charm farm guide?

Post by Wilykat » October 22nd, 2018, 3:29 am

I tried searching for the guide but I keep getting guide for older shiny charm and some of the strats may have changed since then. Is there a current guide on: where to go, what pet and skills to combat with, etc?

I'm trying to get all the pets before Blizzard changes the charm again and it's over 3000 charms just for the pets (Wowhead says over 5000 but I think this includes toys and other stuff)

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Aggramar-us

Re: Polished pet charm farm guide?

Post by Harpooha » October 22nd, 2018, 4:17 am

There really isn't a guide.

It's pretty simple. When you get to 120, World Quests will show up occasionally that reward PPCs. Anywhere from 12 to 20.

There are also missions that show up on the mission table for your faction, although they appear much less frequently. I believe you have to be 120 before these start appearing. I've never seen any on my characters that are under 120.

There are also a few one time drops. You can find most of them here:

https://www.wowhead.com/item=163036/pol ... m#comments

There is also one chest in Zuldazar that drops 10. It's about where the "K" in Trek is on the map.

One of Jani's quests also drops 8:

https://www.wowhead.com/item=163036/pol ... m#comments

Finally, you do get them as a reward for PvP pet battle wins. But it's not many and very infrequent.

Wilykat
Pet Score:12206
Realm:Ravenholdt-us

Post by Wilykat » October 22nd, 2018, 5:25 am

So the current charms are RNG based? The shiny charm were consistent from trainers and occasionally missions. I already have all the shiny pets and just a few more to get the mirror the there's nothing left for me to buy with shiny.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » October 22nd, 2018, 5:37 am

Legion and BfA charm acquisition is the exact same.

The only thing that made shiny charms more easily attainable was that you could save them going into Legion from MoP/WoD content and farm old content for more with no currency change.

I wouldn't worry about a currency exchange until next expansion and we're only 2.5 months into this one which gives you plenty of time to earn charms.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 22nd, 2018, 6:37 am

The original pet charms were somewhat rare when they were introduced in WoD.

The Legion iteration of acquiring the same charms is basically the same as what we have now for the new ones but without an entire prior expansion’s worth of content also giving them (albeit at a reduced rate).

There will be more ways to get them throughout BFA. By the end, don’t worry, you will be swimming in them.

Necrophagist
Pet Score:9270
BattleTag®:SoFakinGreat#1218
Realm:Terenas-us

Post by Necrophagist » October 23rd, 2018, 1:22 pm

So far, I am leveling alts to 120 solely for doing the Pet World Quests that reward PPCs. I pretty much stop doing much content when my alts hit 120, just doing what's necessary to gain access to the Kul Tiras zones (since I main Horde). If there's a good day where there's 3 WQ that reward from 16-20 charms each, I could get as much as 120 to the 165 I got yesterday.

For now, I feel like alts is the way to go, and the time it takes to go through each toon, travel, battle time, etc. Did the same in Legion also.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 23rd, 2018, 1:44 pm

Alts are definitely the way to go. On a good day (like yesterday there was 3? WQs with pet charms) plus mission table, I can get 150ish charms in a day. I still have plenty of alts to level as well. And if you have a couple of friends or guildmates you can bribe to do WQs for your benefit, the pets can be caged, so you can boost your acquisitions that way.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » October 23rd, 2018, 10:18 pm

Yep, alts all the way. I have 5 max level chars and finished buying all the pets on both factions this past week. Now to save up for the pet toys and the increased pet collection.

Mokrath
Pet Score:11739
BattleTag®:Mokrath#1637
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Mokrath » October 23rd, 2018, 10:48 pm

Just wanted to add that having just 1 alt able to do WQ's gets you a nice rate of charms. 2 characters earning charms feels fast enough that you aren't starved for charms but not so fast that you get all the pets in a week.
I can only imagine what having 2-5 alts will be like for getting charms. Should be able to get a decent stream of gold flipping charm pets on the AH once I finish leveling a few more alts.