Trouble with WQ/Mission Table

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Wizairde
Pet Score:4632
BattleTag®:Jagren#1708
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Trouble with WQ/Mission Table

Post by Wizairde » October 18th, 2018, 11:31 pm

I've tried to find the answer, but I'm not sure if I'm just googling wrong or if I have a unique issue.

For BFA so far I have three 120s, two alliance, one horde. My main, which I do most of my pet capturing on doesn't have Pet Battle WQs. They never spawn. And he never gets pet token mission objectives. My first 120 which I don't play much gets some pet battle WQs and mission table objectives that give tokens. My horde toon gets more pet battle WQs (it seems) but no mission table objectives for tokens. I'm really at a loss what's going on.

120 Alliance Druid Main - No Pet Battles, No Token objectives
120 Alliance Mage first toon - Some Pet Battles, and Table Token Objectives (same server for both)
120 Horde Paladin - Seems like more Pet Battle WQs no table objectives (different server than alliance)

Ideally I'd get these pet battle objectives on my main Druid since I don't always log in to the other toons but I haven't figured out why they aren't showing.

Any help would be appreciated. I petitioned and the GM didn't seem to understand my question as the response didn't help at all.

Thanks for any tips.
-Wiz

Kiella
Pet Score:13796
BattleTag®:Elena#1284
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Re: Trouble with WQ/Mission Table

Post by Kiella » October 19th, 2018, 5:30 am

When you pull up your map to look at world quests there should be a small magnifying glass in the top right corner. Click on this and make sure "Pet Battles" has a check mark next to it. Everyone has the exact same pet battle world quests available (horde and alliance), so if this does not fix it, you may have an addon issue. Try making sure all your addons are up to date and if this still doesn't fix it, try disabling them all and see if the missing world quests appear.

Regarding mission tables, that's just RNG and the chance for them to appear (for me at least) is quite low this expansion. I've gone several weeks without seeing any, and then have had two suddenly appear the same day.

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » October 19th, 2018, 9:49 am

I've had the same problem and despite a lot of help from the community we weren't able to solve it.

Good news everyone! On pet battle WQ quests I have found a work around. The Addon World Quest List does list the pet battle quests. While they still don't show up on the map by selecting the quest it gives you an arrow so you can get to the correct location. Once you get there you can do the quest normally.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » October 20th, 2018, 6:08 am

Wizairde wrote:I've tried to find the answer, but I'm not sure if I'm just googling wrong or if I have a unique issue.

For BFA so far I have three 120s, two alliance, one horde. My main, which I do most of my pet capturing on doesn't have Pet Battle WQs. They never spawn. And he never gets pet token mission objectives. My first 120 which I don't play much gets some pet battle WQs and mission table objectives that give tokens. My horde toon gets more pet battle WQs (it seems) but no mission table objectives for tokens. I'm really at a loss what's going on.

120 Alliance Druid Main - No Pet Battles, No Token objectives
120 Alliance Mage first toon - Some Pet Battles, and Table Token Objectives (same server for both)
120 Horde Paladin - Seems like more Pet Battle WQs no table objectives (different server than alliance)

Ideally I'd get these pet battle objectives on my main Druid since I don't always log in to the other toons but I haven't figured out why they aren't showing.

Any help would be appreciated. I petitioned and the GM didn't seem to understand my question as the response didn't help at all.

Thanks for any tips.
-Wiz

I have this same issue on one of my alts but my 3 other 120s the pet battle WQs show up on the map. The addon on WQ helper marks these missing pet battle WQs for this toon. I have no idea why they don’t show up for this one toon but I have that addon turned on for only that toon so he gets them marked on the map. The addon is slightly annoying as it always wants you to join a group when you get near any WQ even battle pets but at least I know where to go and so far only one toon has that problem

Wizairde
Pet Score:4632
BattleTag®:Jagren#1708
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Wizairde » October 24th, 2018, 4:30 pm

Thanks for tip on the add on guys. Much appreciated!

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12995
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » October 24th, 2018, 11:30 pm

I have used World Quest Tracker for a while now and found it very useful. It lists WQ in a side bar and Pet Battle quests are always on top for me. It's very customizable with a lot of features you can toggle on and off.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » October 25th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Hi,

Not sure this works, but it's worth a try. It has helped a couple of times for me.

Go the Interface/Addons folder and remove everything, except the Blizzard addons.

Go the the WTF folder and remove every thing.

(The WTF folder gets added/updated when any character logs in)

Do not install any addon yet!

Login one character, and you should be able to see WQ's on it for a 110 character in legion, and then on the 120 characters in BfA.

(Don't forget the pet battles check mark!)

Login the other characters, one at a time, and see if they can also see the WQ's. What is working and not working? Any difference? There shouldn't be any, btw!

If any of these characters does not show the Pet Battles, you, more than likely have a quest that was skipped over and you have to go find it. My question is, if you are not seeing the WQ's from Legion or the WQ's from BfA. There is a slight difference, but in general, the legion ones come up right as you level to 110, and the BfA takes another small quest or two after you level, if I remember correctly. There is also an issue with the boat travels not working, which means you did not FINISH the sequence on the previous/first one you got which sends you back "home", and it opens up the 2nd boat travel, and so forth. I could not see the WQ's on any zones in one of my characters because I never finished the Vol'dun sequence, until I was told to go back to the boat! ... Boom ... the next one immediately shows up!

If everything is OK, then add ONE ADDON at a time, to ensure that it is not corrupting anything, and make sure that these addons are up to date. Check the addon on each character before going to the next addon!

IF, and it is possible but not likely, you still end up with one character that does not see the quests, my suggestion is tougher ... time to clean up the hard drive, remove the game, clean the hard drive, defrag it, and then re-install the game from scratch. The WTF folder will get added as any account logs in, so it should not be an issue.

At this point, I can not tell you what might cause your issue, but my guess is that there are unfinished sequences that are preventing that one character from seeing the WQ's ... not likely that it's only the Pet Battle WQ's I don't think, since I have never seen that ...

Hope this helps ... and my disclaimer is that I know nothing about computers!

:roll: