Best Aquatic Pet to use Battle Stone.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us
Best Aquatic Pet to use Battle Stone.

Post by Notamonk » January 2nd, 2013, 12:21 am

So today I was lucky enough to stumble upon an aquatic battle stone while leveling my pets in Zangarmarsh and couldn't help but wonder what pet I should use this on.. I don't want to waste it on something that won't prove to be a helpful pet when it comes to battles, etc.

So my question is what is the best Aquatic pet to use this on and what pets work well with aquatic pets?

Thanks.

Jeykama
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Re: Best Aquatic Pet to use Battle Stone.

Post by Jeykama » January 2nd, 2013, 3:58 am

I used my first aquatic stone on my Wanderer's Festival Hatchling and haven't regretted it. There's nothing super unique among the unbound aquatics and their breed varieties, sadly.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » January 2nd, 2013, 5:22 am

I've found so many of those since I level pets with my moths off the aquatics in Vale. The first one I used was the wanderer's festival hatchling as well. Every time since I just have basically randomly picked something since very few of them really jump out at me, unlike some of the other families.

Mathew013
MVP
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Mathew013 » January 2nd, 2013, 8:22 am

From the perspective of gathering rares, [pet]Wanderer's Festival Hatchling[/pet] is hands down the toughest to 'farm'.
None of the other aquatics are in the same category! (I did have some trouble with the Horny Toad, iirc.)
But you mention battles... I know my Eternal Strider does a great job versus the daily trainers.

Lowbrowdeluxe
Pet Score:5394
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Lowbrowdeluxe » January 2nd, 2013, 10:05 am

IIRC none of the 'fish' type pets are available in rare (except the Purple Puffer from TCG). So if you want one of them to play with, use it for Fishy or the Tiny Gold Fish. Sea Pony is also a pretty decent little guy upgraded. In terms of actual battling, however, the only aquatics I actually use are Snarly or crabs typically.

LSW
Top Rater
Pet Score:12484
BattleTag®:Sol#1481
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by LSW » January 3rd, 2013, 9:47 am

If you are like me, trying to find the rare double speed breed of the Leopard Tree Frog, I would consider using the stone on it as an upgrade. I have managed to capture an uncommon, but the rare eludes me still. *shrugs*