SWAMP TOAD

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Askania
Pet Score:10104
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us
SWAMP TOAD

Post by Askania » September 19th, 2018, 11:32 am

Does anyone know of the requirements to get this to show up on Shoak? I have the accursed hexxer but I still cant see this one.

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Re: SWAMP TOAD

Post by Jodmos » September 19th, 2018, 11:50 am

I completed the questline for Horde through the zone and it is available to me. I don't know what unlocks that because I went through the zone completing each area before moving on and unlocking Shoak was one of the last things I did.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 19th, 2018, 12:20 pm

IIRC, the quest chain you need to complete is pretty deep into the Nazmir story.

Try completing the Torga's Eternal Return storyline, which then opens the quest chain that begins with To Gloom Hollow. Finish that quest chain and it should unlock the pet on the vendor.

I've heard a few reports of some players experiencing a bug where the pet didn't appear on the vendor despite completing ALL quests in the zone and satisfying the unlock requirement. Blizzard's aware of this issue, but no ETA on a fix. Hopefully that doesn't happen for you, GL!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 19th, 2018, 3:03 pm

I finished the entire Nazmir storyline (mostly because I was really enjoying it but also pets) and the toad WAS available when I went to have a look at some point after this.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Jodmos » September 19th, 2018, 5:59 pm

I did Nazmir first because Dart was so far into the questchain. The other quest related pets didn't need so much work. Of course, I wasn't aware of pets on vendors being locked behind quests/achievements at that time.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » September 19th, 2018, 6:01 pm

Just to add more data, my character just completed the quest to arrive at gloom hollow, and the pet is not available yet.
Mingyao on Madoran

Askania
Pet Score:10104
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Askania » September 20th, 2018, 4:33 am

Thanks everyone, once I'm finished at Nessingwary will head over to Naz :D

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » September 20th, 2018, 3:15 pm

Ok, looks like the Toad in a Box unlocked for me after completing Krag'wa's Chosen and Vengeance of the Frogs.
Mingyao on Madoran