BFA World Tamers

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Aalea
Top Rater
BFA World Tamers

Post by Aalea » September 1st, 2018, 10:18 pm

I seem to be missing something here. I hit level 120 last night and expected the battle pet tamers to be open to me. I have ticked to show me Battle pet Tamers on the map but I am not seeing anything. Is there a pre-req quest I am missing somewhere? I have disabled my addons to see if that was the problem. any help would be appreciated thanks.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: BFA World Tamers

Post by Peanutty » September 1st, 2018, 10:29 pm

Pet Battle dailies are part of the world quests (much like start of Legion). You need to have... friendly with the main faction of each area or something to open world quests, something like that?

Aalea
Top Rater

Post by Aalea » September 1st, 2018, 10:38 pm

Thank you. I am friendly with some and honored with others. Shouldn't that give me at least a starting point?

Ugalchonok
Pet Score:5749
Realm:Gordunni-eu

Post by Ugalchonok » September 2nd, 2018, 12:31 am

Do your war campaign until the world quests are open.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » September 2nd, 2018, 12:32 am

Apart from Friendly with all three zones, you must also have done your three Zandalar Footholds (or Kul Tiras Footholds if you are Horde). These are the quests that start on the ship, where you go to the other island and clear some locals to set up a base. They are available at levels 110, 114, 118.

The third foothold, at 118, does not becoma available until you have done your tutorial for Island Expeditions quest that you can pick up at 116 from Flynn for Alliance.

I hit 120, saw I wasn't Friendly enough, got Friendly, and spent an hour trying to figure this out too, so you're not alone!

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » September 2nd, 2018, 6:21 am

There are no traditional daily tamers in BFA, they are a chance to roll into a WQ which you then can do for the change to roll a useful reward. Every day there seems to be 3 pet battle WQs on average. So you can't do anything on your terms, gotta chew whats being served.

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » September 13th, 2018, 10:44 am

Lolfixheal wrote:Every day there seems to be 3 pet battle WQs on average. So you can't do anything on your terms, gotta chew whats being served.
Actually, the average is always 4. There are two large WQ resets every day (in EU, that's 9 am and 9 pm). Each of these resets brings along 2 pet WQs, one on each continent, lasting a total of 24 hrs.

As a result, every day there will be four Pet Battle WQs up, two on each continent; and if you log in at least once per day (at similar times) you'll always be able to do them all. However, should you play close to the 9 am or 9 pm resets, make sure you prioritize the ones that are near expiration!
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » September 15th, 2018, 10:11 am

Hi,

Trying to verify something that happened yesterday ... the number, and which World Pet Tamers show up in your maps is not accurate and it seems to change.

Log'd in (Alliance - my Horde is not up yet), and looked at the map and there was only one fight along the bay West from Hatherford (the fight with the moths), and did that. Nothing else showed in the maps, except one fight in Vol'dun that offered just Bandages and I tend to skip those unless I need the faction.

Lo and Behold, I changed accounts and went to do a series of quests that I had not done yet in Tiragarde Sound and flew to Castaway Point ... and WOW .... guess what Chitarra was available for a Pet Fight but did not, would not show up on the map with other WQ's.

Hard to think that this is an issue with my computer with a Radeon RX 580 (8G VC) and 32G of memory on W10 with a 3.7 Ghz processor. And my graphics are not turned all the way up since I raid a bit too much, though I have not as yet in this expansion, and I am not a fan of the Mythic setup (horrible and ridiculous to get into a group after the first one, and some joker is always ready to dump players!) and the Instance thing, so far, is not working for me as I have not YET been able to do a single one of those, and I turned 120 in the first week of the expansion.

Starting to think that Blizzard does not want "armchair pet battlers", just sitting and waiting for the quests they want and thus forcing you to trip around the continent makes some sense, but in the end, is time consuming, and frustrating. You and I are used to looking at the map, select this and that WQ, and then go do them in order from north to south or south to north and so on ... and this new expansion seems to have set things up so you can not do that, and you must visit all three areas in both continents to find the Pet Battles properly, otherwise you will only see one, or maybe two or three, instead of a couple more.

I will continue to study this and make notes, but at this time, in both my characters at 120, this is true and they are separate accounts altogether. My other account did not show Chitarra as a WQ even when I flew there for it.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » September 15th, 2018, 12:34 pm

Vakeetah wrote:
Lolfixheal wrote:Every day there seems to be 3 pet battle WQs on average. So you can't do anything on your terms, gotta chew whats being served.
Actually, the average is always 4. There are two large WQ resets every day (in EU, that's 9 am and 9 pm). Each of these resets brings along 2 pet WQs, one on each continent, lasting a total of 24 hrs.

As a result, every day there will be four Pet Battle WQs up, two on each continent; and if you log in at least once per day (at similar times) you'll always be able to do them all. However, should you play close to the 9 am or 9 pm resets, make sure you prioritize the ones that are near expiration!
Good to know!

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » September 15th, 2018, 3:07 pm

Vakeetah wrote: ...
Not sure this explains Chitarra showing up on different accounts, but I will start making a small chart of the pet battles since I tend to do them right away at 8AM here in the West Coast.

Strange part is that Chitarra was done on my neighbor's account yesterday morning, which would make it over 24 hours for one account, for it to show up on mine, unless these are DIFFERENT and somewhat random, so it will be more difficult for us to guess which Tamer will be where and when.

But it was weird to see Chitarra up this morning and not anywhere else. It's as if I missed it yesterday, and I did not. It was not showing on the map, thus I did not trip over there, or even consider checking a stop on the Tiragarde Sound area just to make sure.

My stops now, daily, is to ensure that I fly to each zone and continent and check the map FROM THERE, not from Boralus until I can make a reasonable guess as to how these are setup ... but only one Pet Battle today with Charms and 3 others were just Bandages ... and I have way too many of those already!

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 17th, 2018, 3:28 pm

Uduwudu wrote:
Vakeetah wrote: ...
Not sure this explains Chitarra showing up on different accounts, but I will start making a small chart of the pet battles since I tend to do them right away at 8AM here in the West Coast.

Strange part is that Chitarra was done on my neighbor's account yesterday morning, which would make it over 24 hours for one account, for it to show up on mine, unless these are DIFFERENT and somewhat random, so it will be more difficult for us to guess which Tamer will be where and when.

But it was weird to see Chitarra up this morning and not anywhere else. It's as if I missed it yesterday, and I did not. It was not showing on the map, thus I did not trip over there, or even consider checking a stop on the Tiragarde Sound area just to make sure.

My stops now, daily, is to ensure that I fly to each zone and continent and check the map FROM THERE, not from Boralus until I can make a reasonable guess as to how these are setup ... but only one Pet Battle today with Charms and 3 others were just Bandages ... and I have way too many of those already!
Just want to weigh in and say that I have been checking every day since I hit 120 (first week of BFA) and there have always been 4 pet WQ up. 2 that spawn at 11am (EST) and 2 that spawn at 11pm (EST) and stay active for 24 hours or until I do something. You might check and see if updating your addons and doing a full UI reset helps make them all show. I use World Quest List to view mine. If that doesn't help, perhaps there is a questline/exploration requirement we don't know about?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » September 18th, 2018, 9:21 am

Jerebear wrote: ...
Just want to weigh in and say that I have been checking every day since I hit 120 (first week of BFA) and there have always been 4 pet WQ up. 2 that spawn at 11am (EST) and 2 that spawn at 11pm (EST) and stay active for 24 hours or until I do something. You might check and see if updating your addons and doing a full UI reset helps make them all show. I use World Quest List to view mine. If that doesn't help, perhaps there is a questline/exploration requirement we don't know about?
After a couple of days verifying this ... agreed and correct it seems.

Now looking to get the World Quest addon to help some ... as long as we can get the charms, right?