Enchanted Tiki Mask

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Squeeky
MVP
Pet Score:5952
Realm:Kirin Tor-us
Enchanted Tiki Mask

Post by Squeeky » August 30th, 2018, 2:10 pm

I've been speculating about the source of the Enchanted Tiki Mask pet.

The pet journal in-game says it's source is "Profession: Enchanting" but there is no recipe for it. There don't seem to be any World Quests that reward it, but it is learnt from an actual item.

The only source I can see for an item is the returns from the Disenchanting Rod that enchanters can apply to followers. The Rod's stated Use is "Chance to bring back enchanting dust from successful missions" but there have been reports of Veiled Crystals being returned, so I speculate (wildly) that the pet item might be a rare return.

Unless it just hasn't been implemented yet .. does anyone know?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Enchanted Tiki Mask

Post by Quintessence » August 30th, 2018, 3:17 pm

That's an interesting idea and could be the case. Another possibility is that it's a rare drop from disenchanting items or something similar.

I haven't heard any additional info/details on this pet, so all we can do is speculate for now.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » August 31st, 2018, 7:50 am

There are so many bugs in BFA, seems like the expansion was rushed out to meet its deadline.

Sources are listed wrong/lacking for pets.
Filtering is off due to false labeling.
Some models are wrong (lack of detail)
Double entry for pet.
Pets not in yet?
No information on intended change for currency for factionbought rewards.
Allegedly too low dropchance from Expeditions.
Wild pets being minority source this time around.
Wrong ability on moveset.
Some wild pets supposedly not spawning as rare.
Some pets battle-able from major city zone, thus removing the 2 extra pets.
Critter placements at seabeds, not battle-able.
Green mark peticon stuck mid-air, no pet.
2 pets with too high basestat.
Some pets incorrectly labeled as lesser unit.

Just some of my observations, all pointing towards rushed out. If a single player like myself can spot stuff like this that just means they don't care about polished finished product or don't have time or willingness to fix it.

Lets talk about typos in profession UIs? kappa :roll:

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 31st, 2018, 1:41 pm

I wouldn't consider the missing Enchanted Tiki Mask a bug just yet. Many, including myself, thought the missing pets on listed vendors was a bug. Turns out that they required additional steps to unlock them.

The Tiki Mask could have some sort of similar unlock. Maybe it's a hidden mechanic that we need to figure out. There's a lot of undocumented information so far, which can be frustrating, but hopefully we work everything out eventually.

Or the Tiki Mask could be massively bugged. That's always a possibility too. :oops:
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Jodmos » August 31st, 2018, 3:49 pm

Just got 100 charms and went to buy the Carnivorous Lasher but it cost 150 at the vendor and not the 100 the journal says. So another bug. Must admit that this is the buggiest release I can remember. just wonder if the bug is the vendor or the journal and if it is the vendor i;m sure players won't get the extra 50 charms back.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » September 7th, 2018, 10:15 am

Can someone still find this from the Pet Journal? Because I can't at least, but in the Wowhead comments someone reported seeing it 9 days ago... Possibly removed?
- Taking your candles since 2005

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Jodmos » September 7th, 2018, 11:46 am

Ryazan wrote:Can someone still find this from the Pet Journal? Because I can't at least, but in the Wowhead comments someone reported seeing it 9 days ago... Possibly removed?
Just checked and not there. it definitely was before. Another bug. probably realised the pet wasn't in the game so removed it from journal.

Squeeky
MVP
Pet Score:5952
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Squeeky » September 7th, 2018, 2:44 pm

Yep it's gone, and it certainly was there when I was doing my speculating 9 days ago. Another speculation fail! :roll:

Emarka
Pet Score:11024
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Emarka » September 21st, 2018, 4:45 pm

Added again on the 8.1 PTR.