Favourite pet from BFA for PVP.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Favourite pet from BFA for PVP.

Post by Rosqo » September 5th, 2018, 11:52 am

BFA has been out a few weeks and I was wondering what new pets people are enjoying to PVP with. Currently I’m really enjoying 4 of the new pets.

Returned Hatchling - really fun undead with barrage, dnd and 261 speed. It’s a really nicely balanced pet not too strong but certainly viable in a lot of comps. The field affects work great with debuffs and plague effects.

Vale Marmot - has the amazing combo of leap and burrow. Especially strong once the beast racial has procc’d. It’s fun to run the headgame of leap into either flurry or blitz.

Parasitic Boarfly - one of the strongest pets released so far in BFA really devastating with flurry then any moveset you want. Fun to mix it up with lift off and the poison to punish swapping. Almost certainly want to run P/P.

Shore Butterfly - a swap and cyclone make this pet awesome. Cyclone has been nerfed but running the power breed compensates somewhat. Been running this on a clone dance minefield team because using two powerful combos is just brutal. Gotta experiment with Sandstorm but doubt it’s the optimal pet for this.

Really glad that all these pets are wild caught just shows you don’t need to pay to win or have fun so far this expansion.

Looking forward to hearing how others are having fun with new stuff.

Spinning
Top Rater
Pet Score:5763
Realm:Deathguard-eu

Re: Favourite pet from BFA for PVP.

Post by Spinning » September 5th, 2018, 10:45 pm

Schinchomper and poda are both very solid. Plenty of combos are now available. I still want to try out haunt with saurolisk. Could be insane.

Lordy
Pet Score:10871
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: Favourite pet from BFA for PVP.

Post by Lordy » September 6th, 2018, 3:40 am

The [pet]Hermit Crab[/pet] is amazingly strong with high speed and synergistic moveset.

I'm also quite liking the [pet]Craghoof Kid[/pet] He can do the [ability]Chew[/ability] + [ability]Stampede[/ability] combo but also has [ability]Kick[/ability] ability at an interesting 301 speed. Against slower pets he can weave these abilities together for amazing effect.