In game pet total less?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Waterlilly
Pet Score:10571
Realm:Echo Isles-us
In game pet total less?

Post by Waterlilly » August 31st, 2018, 1:13 pm

I noticed the other day that my in game pet list shows that I have 3 fewer pets than my actual account does (and that shows on here). Mine are all unique and I have no duplicates.

Does that mean I will have to get OVER 1k pets to get achieve since the game seems to think I have less pets than I do?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: In game pet total less?

Post by Quintessence » August 31st, 2018, 1:47 pm

What does the achievement Master of Minions show for you? I would start there to see how many more it'll take to achieve 1k pets.

Do you own both [pet]Guild Herald[/pet] and [pet]Guild Page[/pet] (for your faction) on said toon? These 2 companions are character-specific, and could be why your in-game list shows less than elsewhere. If another one of your character(s) owns them, it'll show up in the count for them in-game, but not for the character you're talking about.

I'm trying to think of what the third troublesome pet is, but I can't come up with any other pet off the top of my head.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 31st, 2018, 1:49 pm

Waterlilly wrote:I noticed the other day that my in game pet list shows that I have 3 fewer pets than my actual account does (and that shows on here). Mine are all unique and I have no duplicates.

Does that mean I will have to get OVER 1k pets to get achieve since the game seems to think I have less pets than I do?

some pets only count on the toon that acquired them like the argent squire and guild heralds. some only count on the faction they were acquired on again like the argent squire is a gruntling for the horde. so your total can be different toon to toon

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 31st, 2018, 1:50 pm

Quintessence wrote:What does the achievement Master of Minions show for you? I would start there to see how many more it'll take to achieve 1k pets.

Do you own both [pet]Guild Herald[/pet] and [pet]Guild Page[/pet] (for your faction) on said toon? These 2 companions are character-specific, and could be why your in-game list shows less than elsewhere. If another one of your character(s) owns them, it'll show up in the count for them in-game, but not for the character you're talking about.

I'm trying to think of what the third troublesome pet is, but I can't come up with any other pet off the top of my head.

probably the argent squire/gruntling it only counts in your pet tab on the actual toon that earned it

Waterlilly
Pet Score:10571
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Waterlilly » August 31st, 2018, 7:51 pm

Just checked the achieve, and it is on point with what I though 870 (haven't updated on here with the pet I got last night).

Just thought it looked weird, but then I forgot the faction specific Heralds, which I have for each side.

Thanks guys