Polished Charms are Scarce

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Griselda
Top Rater
Pet Score:4852
Realm:Tichondrius-us
Polished Charms are Scarce

Post by Griselda » August 24th, 2018, 1:08 pm

Compared to last xpac, I'm frustrated that there is no passive method to earn these (like the shoulder enchants) and yet there are tons more pets that require the currency to purchase and they don't come cheap. Just feels like a cheap gating tactic to make us farm the charms more throughout the xpac. It's just preventing us from stock piling them like we did in Legion. While I understand that approach, I'm frustrated that the ways to earn these charms are limited. If they brought back an enchant to earn these charms like we did in Legion, I'd have no problem with the fact that all I get are empty letters in my mailbox TELLING me that I have the option to purchase the pet. :x :x :| :|

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13619
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Re: Polished Charms are Scarce

Post by Mehetabel » August 24th, 2018, 5:08 pm

Part of the fun of pet collecting is the feeling of achievement when you get a new pet, whether that's through saving up coins, grinding pvp, running island expeditions, catching wild pets. If pets were quick and easy to get it would be boring and certainly wouldn't feel like an achievement when you finally get them all.

I am genuinely confused as to why there are so many pet collectors complaining, TWO WEEKS into a brand new expac, that they might actually have to put some effort in get pets. :roll: :roll:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Jexxi
Pet Score:11321
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Jexxi » August 24th, 2018, 10:51 pm

It feels limiting now, but in a few months, I think most of us are going to have bags full of charms and nothing to spend them on except extra pets to sell on the AH -- especially as we get WQs and mission boards going on alts. I know I'm currently madly checking the map around WQ reset times right now on the off chance that there's a new Charm quest, but I'm sure that'll fade given enough time :)

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 25th, 2018, 1:09 am

some of the pet battles give 18 or more coins. once we get alts up and can do those same pet battles on multiple toons we will have plenty of coins. we have literally been in this expansion less than two weeks people need to chill out

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » August 25th, 2018, 10:18 am

Digem wrote:some of the pet battles give 18 or more coins. once we get alts up and can do those same pet battles on multiple toons we will have plenty of coins. we have literally been in this expansion less than two weeks people need to chill out
On my 2nd account, I keep using the 23's as the third pet to get all of them up ... and then the stones will come to turn them blue. All of them are the "preferred" breed, and if not, at least they get swapped out during the fights as they show up. Just looking for "blues" and this and that, will drive you crazy ... and you might as well level off the rest. I, basically, use the 3rd pet from 15 and up ... so for all intents and purposes, I have no pets from level 16 to 22, because they are all 23 and waiting to be leveled ... and other than the preferred breeds, only blues get the 3rd slot in the fights ... for example, a SS poor chicken got the slot and I took it to 25 while waiting for a stone which arrived in Val'sharah.

I have gone without the PPC's since the start ... and it has not been a problem ... for example, the Murlocs a couple of days ago, gave a blue stone ... both my accounts played it to get the stones for the pets ... just be smart, so this "grind" is more fun, and intelligent and does not feel like you are grinding.

Beware that the pets in Zandalar and Kul Tiras, do have a much better sense of code design and use their abilities quite a bit better. Beware of the ones that can go like 3 or even 4 rounds, without taking a single point of damage! They will hurt and you will need to change your strategy next fight.