Pet Battle Breeds All Showing As Balanced.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tyamarae
Pet Score:8731
Realm:Stormrage-us
Pet Battle Breeds All Showing As Balanced.

Post by Tyamarae » July 26th, 2018, 11:41 am

Have Pet Breeds been removed? I was taking a look at my pets today and every single one is showing a Balanced Breed. I thought maybe it was a buggy addon so I disabled all of them and checked my collection again to see if that fixed it but they are all still showing as being Balance.

I've looked around at different sites but haven't seen anything mentioned about it so I'm not sure if this is an actual new change from Blizzard or if I need to submit a bug report.

And insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cyberninja
MVP
Pet Score:11058
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Re: Pet Battle Breeds All Showing As Balanced.

Post by Cyberninja » July 26th, 2018, 12:21 pm

Pretty sure you don't need to submit a bug report. If you are viewing them from an add-on be sure that you are using the latest version. I hadn't updated mine yet and it was the opposite issue you have. Mine were showing the different breeds but they were wrong. I bought a Gilnean Raven S/S for what i thought was a bargain (28K). Once i updated my add-on it turns out the raven was B/B. Grrrr... Anyway, it seems like every time there is a major patch or expansion things break for a short time. I would update your add-ons and sit tight because the various breeds are still in effect.

Tyamarae
Pet Score:8731
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Tyamarae » July 26th, 2018, 12:37 pm

But like I said in the first paragraph the issue isn't my addons because I disabled all of them, reloaded my UI (I even completely logged out and then back in with addons disabled on another attempt), and my pets were all still showing as being Balanced Breed. I even checked my pets that I know for sure were P/P Breed and it is now showing them as B/B.

Putting them in cages then re-learning them didn't change anything. Still shows as them being B/B.

EX: With Add-Ons (All Addons. Even nothing related to pets) disabled my Teroclaw Hatchling is showing as being a B/B but it is always an H/P Breed.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 26th, 2018, 1:07 pm

Disabling and re-enabling addons is not the same as updating addons. The Pet Journal displaying breeds is not part of the default UI, so it is very, very likely an addon error that you are seeing.

As of Patch 8.0, the Battle Pet BreedID addon received a version update. I don't know if you use this specific BreedID addon, but regardless, you likely have an older version of whatever addon you use. Outdated versions tend cause problems within the game, and will show errors (such as listing incorrect breeds).

Try updating your BreedID addon to the latest version and then checking your Pet Journal.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » July 26th, 2018, 2:51 pm

I did NOT update my Battle Pet BreedID addon nor have I updated Pet Battle Teams or Battle Pet Binds (think that's all my pet addons). My breeds all show properly.

Have you tried disabling all addons, closing WoW, clearing cache, and then going back in?

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » July 27th, 2018, 8:27 pm

Cyberninja wrote: ...
I bought a Gilnean Raven S/S for what i thought was a bargain (28K). Once i updated my add-on it turns out the raven was B/B. Grrrr... Anyway, it seems like every time there is a major patch or expansion things break for a short time. I would update your add-ons and sit tight because the various breeds are still in effect.
This purchase issue happened to me early on, when I bought something or other. Since then, if the pet does not specifically show its ID, I will not buy it ... unless I know that there is only one breed of those kind, which you can check around the net ... I think that Wowhead shows the breeds, but have to check again. I have not seen the breeds showing here on this site yet.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » July 28th, 2018, 6:29 am

Uduwudu wrote:I have not seen the breeds showing here on this site yet.
They are on the top right side of the "battle info" tab. See for example the crow:

https://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/f ... vens/crow/

if you click the "battle info" tab you should see a breed listed on the top right side. There will be left and right arrows to scroll through any other breeds it they exist. This site lists both the alphabetic version (S/S for example) and the numerical versions (5 for male/15 female for example), so you can use whichever it is.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829