Pet Tracker

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Vegassteve
Pet Score:6726
Realm:Hyjal-us
Pet Tracker

Post by Vegassteve » July 19th, 2018, 9:30 pm

Pet tracker not working, i need my pet tracker. Help me, please, help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Pet Tracker

Post by Gráinne » July 19th, 2018, 10:47 pm

FWIW, after reading some comments, I tried it out, but with just the PetTracker_Switcher and PetTracker_Breeds modules disabled, and I could battle fine. At least for the moment.

_Switcher seems to be the one that is giving trouble, and _Breeds is alleged to have a memory leak, though if it does that's probably not new, and most of us never noticed.

Try it with _Switcher disabled and see!

Vegassteve
Pet Score:6726
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Vegassteve » July 20th, 2018, 2:16 am

Thanks for that, but Pet Tracker is not tracking pets on my map. That is the part i am most eager to get to work.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » July 21st, 2018, 12:11 am

Thanks to Grarn on the US forums for this link to the author's Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/battle-for-pre-20203767
Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch

All my addons will be updated in a couple of days. I've been sick for the past two weeks, so haven't had the chance to look at the new patch yet,

Sorry for the delay.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » July 21st, 2018, 8:23 am

If you just need the abils and cooldowns, Derangement's is a temporary alternative that seems to work so far (not updated, but it didn't break)
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Ligament
Pet Score:6013
BattleTag®:ligament#1221
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Ligament » July 24th, 2018, 1:38 pm

Twitch updater updated my Pet Tracker addon this morning. Haven't yet logged in to see if it works.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » July 27th, 2018, 9:18 am

Hi,

Where are you downloading this from? The curse website shows that this is not updated.

Hmmmmm .... I have disabled it, and so far not an issue, but I like that addon.

Ligament

Post by Ligament » July 27th, 2018, 12:15 pm

Twitch updater once again updated the addon this morning.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » July 27th, 2018, 8:24 pm

Hi,

Thanks ... just saw the update on Curse ... it wasn't there this morning, though.

Ligament

Post by Ligament » July 31st, 2018, 11:23 am

So since this thread is focused on Pet Tracker, can anyone tell me how to (in the new version out now) turn off the pet icons all over the map?

Baldulf
MVP
Pet Score:6727
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Baldulf » July 31st, 2018, 11:39 am

The updated PetTracker doesn't seem to have the Switcher capability anymore (unless it's downloading separately now). Specifically, the window that used to open when you click "Switch Pet" in battle that shows all three of your pets, all three enemy pets, and all of the various abilities isn't showing up. Anyone having a similar experience?

EDIT: I scoured Twitch for a separate PetTracker Switcher module, and there isn't one. All of the previous modules that were downloaded as part of the PetTracker "suite" seem to have been incorporated into the main addon. The Switcher capability seems gone, though, which is particularly bad for PvP, where it was incredibly useful.

Ligament

Post by Ligament » July 31st, 2018, 1:30 pm

Baldulf wrote:The updated PetTracker doesn't seem to have the Switcher capability anymore (unless it's downloading separately now). Specifically, the window that used to open when you click "Switch Pet" in battle that shows all three of your pets, all three enemy pets, and all of the various abilities isn't showing up. Anyone having a similar experience?

EDIT: I scoured Twitch for a separate PetTracker Switcher module, and there isn't one. All of the previous modules that were downloaded as part of the PetTracker "suite" seem to have been incorporated into the main addon. The Switcher capability seems gone, though, which is particularly bad for PvP, where it was incredibly useful.
Preach on! It was incredibly handy! The whole tracking part is only really handy at the start of an expac(unless you're new to collecting in general). The other parts of that addon were really where it was useful.

Baldulf
MVP

Post by Baldulf » July 31st, 2018, 2:57 pm

It was PetTracker that provided that functionality, correct? If so, I'll go on the project website in the next day or so and suggest restoring it. I don't see anyone else asking about it in comments. Let me know if I'm wrong and it was another addon.

Ligament

Post by Ligament » August 1st, 2018, 8:17 am

Once again, the addon has been updated. The old functions are seemingly returned.

Baldulf
MVP

Post by Baldulf » August 1st, 2018, 3:04 pm

Yep, all fixed now. They had an update yesterday, too, which didn't seem to do anything, but that update was labeled "Barebones." All is well with the world now, and just in time for The Best of The Best.

Synergist
Pet Score:4682
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Synergist » August 6th, 2018, 6:58 am

Ligament wrote:So since this thread is focused on Pet Tracker, can anyone tell me how to (in the new version out now) turn off the pet icons all over the map?
I have installed Version 8.0.5 and the larger icons are still there. Unless anyone knows how to fix this, then I will go back to Version 8.0.2 which seems to be ok.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » August 8th, 2018, 7:55 pm

I must be honest and say, the only functions I use from the addon pettracker is the switcher and the main part for hunting locations for initial collection of new xpac - then that gets turned off as well.

I'm glad it got split up again after being consolidated into 1 addon recently with no options access.

Also in my experience, if you experience issues or have feedback / suggestions, use the curse client / twitch client webpage for the addon itself. Authors usually read the comments section there.

Vectoras
Pet Score:7919
Realm:Bronzebeard-eu

Post by Vectoras » August 15th, 2018, 11:40 am

Hi,
Hope you're all enjoying BfA. I've got the latest version of PetTracker but it doesn't seem to show the missing pets in Stormsong. I see the two I'm missing in town, but not anywhere else. Do I need to clear the region first does anyone know please? I've activated zone track, etc. in pet journal.

And my pet adding seem to be crashing wow even though all are up to date.

Thanks, Vectoras.