Pet Search

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us
Pet Search

Post by Uduwudu » July 27th, 2018, 8:38 am

Hi,

The website Petsear.ch seems to have finally been taken down. "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send"

I honestly miss this website, and specially its ability to bring the list of pets down onto a spreadsheet, which is MASSIVE help in putting together your list of pets and take it forward, and cleaning it up with the right pets and so on.

Is there, somewhere, another website with similar abilities? The listing style for Warcraftpets is not easy enough for this half blind old man. It's too cluttered, and I can't even get something as easy as a simple listing I can cut and paste for myself, so I know what needs to be done. I really would like to get a spreadsheet copy to work on, since its information is way more complete.

Trying to help my neighbor and friend, who has Parkinson's (very early stages), but not seeing the collection as a whole so you can see duplicates and the various details to correct, like not having fast mice or rabbits, is making this whole thing more work than its worth.

Any thoughts? And thanks in advance.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Pet Search

Post by Gráinne » July 27th, 2018, 8:55 am

I tried. That's an error, not a removal, so I'm not sure it's abandoned. The author has been slow in updating data for it all through Legion, though. Perhaps like many other site and addon maintainers he doesn't play any more and is stepping away. I'm thankful the site was there when I really needed it.

However, Xu-Fu's Collection Viewer, under the Tools menu, also provides a spreadsheet download.

https://wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=Collection

Put in your Realm and Character, and download your spreadsheet!

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Re: Pet Search

Post by Uduwudu » July 27th, 2018, 12:40 pm

Hi,

Thanks a million bunches of .................. pets!