Share pet collecting news and advice.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
Honor 400 for a pet is insane..

Post by FuxieDK » July 21st, 2018, 2:58 am

I made a tweet --> https://twitter.com/fuxiedk/status/1020577625096507392?s=21

Maybe if enough people in here retweet it, devs will realize something is wrong with the amount of PvP it takes..

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Re: Honor 400 for a pet is insane..

Post by Mehetabel » July 21st, 2018, 3:38 am

Whilst I'm not "overly" worried about the 400 honor pets, I certainly wouldn't complain if it were lowered.

I'm not a huge PvP'er and I'm only Honor 48 at the moment but, now that honor is account-wide, I'm doing the pvp WQs on several characters. Doing that every day until BfA will help quite a bit I reckon.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » July 21st, 2018, 9:50 am

Mehetabel wrote:Whilst I'm not "overly" worried about the 400 honor pets, I certainly wouldn't complain if it were lowered.

I'm not a huge PvP'er and I'm only Honor 48 at the moment but, now that honor is account-wide, I'm doing the pvp WQs on several characters. Doing that every day until BfA will help quite a bit I reckon.
but it's still 12x as much you need to do in BfA compared to Legion..

TWELVE TIMES!!

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » July 21st, 2018, 10:36 am

It is a lot, agreed.

The BF and I are even planning to level with Warmode on in BfA. :shock:

I might live to regret that choice but it'll be interesting! :lol:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » July 21st, 2018, 10:42 am

Mehetabel wrote:It is a lot, agreed.

The BF and I are even planning to level with Warmode on in BfA. :shock:

I might live to regret that choice but it'll be interesting! :lol:
Warmode is no guaranty that you'll earn a single Honor point..

Yes, you level faster (+10% XP), but you need to actually kill <Opposite faction> to gain any honor.
One of my toons levelled on a PvP server, and have 5 honorable kills TOTAL!!

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » July 22nd, 2018, 10:38 pm

I agree, 400 is too high.
People who PVP I doubt really care about pets they will earn as a byproduct of doing what they love.
Its only to get non-PVP collectors into dumping huge amounts time into something they wouldn't do otherwise.
I am one of those and resented all the PVP last expansion and now have to repeat the process this expansion.
I don't like pvp and am dreading doing pvp dailies hundreds of times for two more pets out of 1000 or so.

Nomadking
Top Rater
Pet Score:13512
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Nomadking » July 23rd, 2018, 4:27 am

I just got mine today, but it probably is a bit high for most people to achieve in a reasonable time. They seem to be really spacing out the honor rewards and could easily fit this pet a bit further down the ranking!

FYI I had 1 character at prestige 25 and 4 others between 10-15 when the pre-patch hit.

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » July 23rd, 2018, 4:30 am

FuxieDK wrote:Warmode is no guaranty that you'll earn a single Honor point..

Yes, you level faster (+10% XP), but you need to actually kill <Opposite faction> to gain any honor.
One of my toons levelled on a PvP server, and have 5 honorable kills TOTAL!!
Oh we have every intention of actually pvp'ing when we have warmode on. ;)

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » July 24th, 2018, 9:48 am

I also was a bit surprised by that number.. especially given that they nerfed the WQ insta-complete ability from the class halls.
I guess Blizz is trying to give us a long game to play for pets.. Hopefully, the WQ will still be around and we can power through them in BfA. That will make life a little easier.

Navie33
Pet Score:12530
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Navie33 » July 24th, 2018, 3:51 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I can't think of anywhere else at the moment. Before the pre-patch combined all your toons honor, I had managed to the Alliance fanatic pet. However, it hasn't unlocked for my horde toons. Same with the dutiful squire, it just appeared in my inventory after the patch. Do I have to go to a certain vender to get it or be a certain honor level to unlock it for my hordie. If I automatically got it on my alliance toon, wouldn't it stand to reason I should automatically get it for my horde toon? I'm confused. :(

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 24th, 2018, 4:00 pm

Navie33 wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I can't think of anywhere else at the moment. Before the pre-patch combined all your toons honor, I had managed to the Alliance fanatic pet. However, it hasn't unlocked for my horde toons. Same with the dutiful squire, it just appeared in my inventory after the patch. Do I have to go to a certain vender to get it or be a certain honor level to unlock it for my hordie. If I automatically got it on my alliance toon, wouldn't it stand to reason I should automatically get it for my horde toon? I'm confused. :(
If you earned a Dutiful companion or Wyrmtongue pet on any faction, it should be unlocked on the vendor for the opposite faction.

The vendors that should sell it (both in Dalaran):
  • Alliance vendor: Captain Roberts
  • Horde vendor: Sarah the Savage
Since you earned the pet on Alliance, hop onto your Horde character and check Sarah the Savage's inventory for the pet. There was a bug when Patch 8.0 launched where the pets on the vendor still required old Prestige achievements instead of the new Honor achievements. That should be fixed by now though.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » July 24th, 2018, 11:01 pm

Keep in mind that Activision/Blizzard makes a lot of money with content that keeps subscribers coming back month after month, which means it's quite deliberate to make things take a long time.

Xandrie_tlu
Pet Score:13552
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Xandrie_tlu » July 25th, 2018, 6:45 am

Ranok wrote:Keep in mind that Activision/Blizzard makes a lot of money with content that keeps subscribers coming back month after month, which means it's quite deliberate to make things take a long time.

A long time is one thing. Until the heat death of the universe is quite something else! :) I think, for those whose entire lives don't revolve around PVP, that maybe 50 - 100 would be a far more reasonable "price point."

Alunaria
Pet Score:5907
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Alunaria » July 27th, 2018, 8:08 am

I tried to do the math. It'll take me over 5 years to get this. Hah. Dedication :) I think this will be one of those pets I won't aim for!

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » July 28th, 2018, 12:00 pm

Alunaria wrote:I tried to do the math. It'll take me over 5 years to get this. Hah. Dedication :) I think this will be one of those pets I won't aim for!

I know it seems horrible I just hope with war mode on and maybe they will put in extra bonuses to make this more obtainable to do

Brandonbw5
Top Rater
Pet Score:12700

Post by Brandonbw5 » July 29th, 2018, 1:59 am

A little perspective here.

I do not enjoy PvP. Mostly because I am not good at it. That is okay. I do enjoy pet collecting. Because of that and the fact that they added the PvP pets I started doing ALL the PvP world quests about 7 months ago. I did all of them every day. I have missed about 5 days. I only do them on one character.

After all that I am currently at PvP lvl 102...

I thought the grind to get all the class specific pets was going to be the worst.

I just hope there is something in BfA that makes getting PvP exp plentiful.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904

Post by Waynebrady » July 30th, 2018, 6:47 pm

I hope they increase the amount of honor you get in BFA. I could see Blizzard making level 400 seem tough to reach in Legion, but as soon as BFA launches it may be easier. Perhaps we will get be getting twice as much honor per BG, etc.

You probably don't want people hitting that 400 level pre-BFA (except for the PVP elite).

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » July 31st, 2018, 2:13 am

I've stopped the grind because I wasn't sure the current honor level would even cross over to BfA. Some people actually had a lot of toons at 25 prestige, and they would be close to getting all the rewards. I hope that's the case, as I'm currently at 125 after grinding to 25 prestige on my main for the mount. But 400 does seem insane o_o.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » July 31st, 2018, 9:09 am

I'm honor level 180 with a trivial amount of PvP for the expansion. My first thought after seeing the pet at 400 was, "Oh cool, I need to get that guy." After seeing how PvP played out in Legion, I'm not worried about it for BFA. I know I'll be well beyond honor level 500 come the end of BFA, and there are already a lot of folks who are well beyond that level now.

Nomadking
Top Rater
Pet Score:13512
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Nomadking » August 1st, 2018, 1:18 am

I think it worth pointing out to anyone trying to grind this pet that Warmode isn't the answer. As long as there are PVE style objectives that give honor (like the warden towers in legion) doing those across multiple characters each day is probably the best honor gain for time spent. Honor for actual PVP kills is very small by comparison :!: