Arctic Fox Kit - help?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sleepysam
Pet Score:4053
Realm:Sargeras-us
Arctic Fox Kit - help?

Post by Sleepysam » June 27th, 2018, 7:21 pm

So, I left one of my toons camped at K3 for about a month and checked him periodically. No luck in seeing snow. Any tips? I’ve read about people trying a trial 100 on a fresh server. Does that make a difference?

Thanks.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Arctic Fox Kit - help?

Post by Gráinne » June 27th, 2018, 10:14 pm

It took me three weeks. Depends how often you check, though.

I don't see a low-pop server as especially useful in this case. Low-pop servers have fewer people who might be farming, but not more snow. If the pet was available but you weren't finding any, then maybe a low-pop server could help, but not when the pet isn't available at all. I suppose any second server would double your chances if you were checking two alts.

But I just want to check that "K3" reference. They don't spawn at K3, but further up, and just because it's not snowing at K3 doesn't mean it's not snowing where the foxes are. You need to be flying around Storm Peaks from K3, or else part your alt at a spawn point.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » June 28th, 2018, 2:53 pm

One thing to watch out for, the "snow" effect can be really subtle. Hard to see, especially with so much background there being bright white. So just because it doesn't seem to be snowing, still might see a fox kit.

I've heard suggestions that you crank your graphics up as high as you can get away with, then the snow is a bit more obvious.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » June 29th, 2018, 5:34 am

Have you tried server hopping?

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » June 29th, 2018, 11:28 pm

Mehetabel wrote:Have you tried server hopping?
Other than having create a character on another server, I still do not know what "server hopping" is and how to do it.

My friend got it in two weeks time .. he had a Demon Hunter and I parked him there. Not the Breed I want, but waiting another two weeks and then getting the same kind is just not worth the hassle.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 30th, 2018, 3:49 pm

Uduwudu wrote:Other than having create a character on another server, I still do not know what "server hopping" is and how to do it.
You join a group on another server and it should pull you over to that realm/shard instead of the one you're in. So you can check multiple servers for something like weather condition, as those can vary per server. It doesn't work like it used to though, I believe it only pulls you over if you're in the same zone? I used to work no matter where you were.

Sleepysam
Pet Score:4053
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Sleepysam » June 30th, 2018, 7:52 pm

I thought they nerfed server hopping so you have to be in same place as rest of group.