Kun-Lai Runt Impossible to Find

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Amay
Pet Score:4127
Realm:Alleria-us
Kun-Lai Runt Impossible to Find

Post by Amay » May 24th, 2018, 8:43 pm

Has anyone found or seen one of these this week? 5/20/18 - 5/24/18? Been looking and looking and not a single one. Actually there have been 3 of us looking. Killed everything in the Summit over and over and still nothing. Talked with 2 GM's and they say everything is fine.

*Update* For anyone looking, go to server Gallywix! Many found, all level 25's.
Last edited by Amay on May 24th, 2018, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lixalee
Top Rater
Pet Score:13016
Realm:Area 52-us

Re: Kun-Lai Runt Impossible to Find

Post by Lixalee » May 24th, 2018, 9:53 pm

I was terribly bored so grabbed a mage and went to look. Lots of Summit Kids, the occasional hare or foxling, but not a runt to be seen. That said, I think it's a "patience is a virtue" thing. Over time there have been at least a dozen pets that I've hunted for days and days and then whammo, you find one.

Amay
Pet Score:4127
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by Amay » May 24th, 2018, 10:05 pm

Thank you for taking a look. :) I've been at it for 6 hours today (started at 5 pm and it's 11 pm now) and nothing. I get rare, but I would have thought at least 1 would have shown up by now. Perhaps tomorrow. Thanks again :)

Annalu
Pet Score:9568
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Annalu » May 24th, 2018, 11:44 pm

I also had trouble finding it on my home realm, so I made a trial character (100 trial) on a dead or RP server (I'm US, so I made a few trials on Latin/Brazilian/Oceanic servers). The runts (and minfernals and nexus whelplings & the like) were there for the taking.

Sistercoyote
Pet Score:13341
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Sistercoyote » May 25th, 2018, 4:22 pm

I saw one on Gilneas in the middle of your hunting period, in the small nook off to the left of the road below the Hungry Yeti below Kafi (there's usually also a prowler of some kind there as well, and a plant if you're an herbalist). Before that, I think I hunted for two weeks on Gilneas before I found mine.

Edmuir
Pet Score:4542
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Edmuir » May 27th, 2018, 9:05 am

My advice for these and other low spawn pets is to simply adopt a "while I'm in the area" approach. I don't have a 3rd one yet myself, but I still find them occasionally as I fly through their zone (not yet in the particular flavor I'm looking for sadly). I stumble upon them as I battle Kafi for the Beasts of Fables daily for instance (did so yesterday in fact). They seem to be a more common spawn then [pet]Lofty Libram[/pet] or [pet]Molten Hatchling[/pet].

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » June 5th, 2018, 6:50 pm

The Kun-Lai Runt is one of those pets that spawns in batches with long respawn time. Since Blizzard has started combining lots and lots of realms in these older areas competition is fierce, especially with the clowns just looking for a rare killing any other rarity in hopes of a respawn (it won't happen). Also doesn't help to kill all the non-runts, respawn gonna happen when it happens.

Checked this out today starting around 3:15pm (PDT) while prospecting ore in Kun-Lai. Zero runts anywhere. Around 4:20 though, bunch suddenly showed up. Spotted nine over 10 or 12 minutes. In case this helps, here's their co-ords:

33,55 35,56 43,49 49,49 51,57 52,55 53,57 55,44 58,50