Threewolves 2 Pet leveling video guides

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Threewolves
Pet Score:5109
Realm:Dentarg-us
Threewolves 2 Pet leveling video guides

Post by Threewolves » April 14th, 2018, 6:28 pm

I make videos for World of Warcraft pet leveling opportunities that meet the criteria of: 1) Uses the most common pets possible that most players will probably have. 2) Tested, reliable, as close to 100% success rate as possible. 3) The fastest team for each pet battle that also meets the criteria of 1 & 2. My sources for these strategies include various websites, friends suggestions, personally developed strategies, or hybrids of any/or all of that. Each team in this thread has been tested by me to be reliable. Each video linked contains accurate information as of the date it was posted here. Have fun and good luck.

Battle Pet Tamers: Warlords 2 Pet Leveling Strategies for all 6 Draenor Grand Master Tamers -
https://youtu.be/OB18_BgYPSw
Last edited by Threewolves on April 20th, 2018, 2:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kindness is contagious.

Threewolves

Durian Strongfruit 2 pet leveling guide video

Post by Threewolves » April 15th, 2018, 5:25 pm

This is a new strategy I made last night trying to reduce the length of the battle while maintaining reliability and using a level 2+ pet. I think this is a bit faster than strategies I've seen elsewhere. Hope it's ok to post here.

https://youtu.be/hNrB2uNe67s
Kindness is contagious.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Battle Pet Tamers: Warlords 2 Pet Strategies

Post by Quintessence » April 15th, 2018, 7:52 pm

Hi Threewolves, I've merged your topics linking to your Youtube video guides as it's less spammy to have one thread featuring your strats.

Please note that excessive linking to other websites can be seen as advertising which is against [url=https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/guidelines/]WarcraftPets User Guidelines[/url]. To avoid having your thread locked, make sure to contribute to the discussion with content other than video-link promotion.

Thanks!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Threewolves

Re: Threewolves 2 Pet leveling video guides

Post by Threewolves » April 15th, 2018, 9:44 pm

Thanks. I changed the subject so it reflects the content as well.
Kindness is contagious.

Threewolves

Post by Threewolves » April 15th, 2018, 11:17 pm

Sir Galveston 2 Pet Text guide - Not a video but here's another unique one. I don't think this one is on Xu-Fu. Tested reliable.

Any 1+ Leveling Pet.
Bone Serpent 1/2/2 S/S Breed
Hyjal Wisp 2/1/1

Turn 1 Lift-Off
Turn 2 Bone Barrage
Switch to Hyjal Wisp.
Turn 1 Wish
Switch to Bone Serpent.
Turn 1 Call Darkness
Turn 2 Bone Barrage
Switch to Hyjal Wisp.
Turn 1 Evanescense
Turn 2 Wish
Switch to Bone Serpent.
Turn 1 Call Darkness
Turn 2 Bone Barrage
Switch to Leveling Pet.
Switch to Bone Serpent.
Turn 1 Lift-Off
Turn 2 Bone Barrage
Turn 3 Call Darkness
Bring in Hyjal Wisp.
Turn 1 Evanescense
Turn 2 Wish
Turn 3 Arcane Blast til done.
Last edited by Threewolves on April 20th, 2018, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kindness is contagious.

Threewolves

Post by Threewolves » April 15th, 2018, 11:19 pm

Tiffany Nelson 2 Pet Leveling Guide - This team suggests a level 3+ or higher carry pet. That's the lowest pet level that's still reasonably reliable of any teams I've seen for this battle. If you know of a team that can level a lower pet please share it.

https://youtu.be/bvLuaapDAYs
Last edited by Threewolves on April 20th, 2018, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kindness is contagious.

Threewolves

Post by Threewolves » April 15th, 2018, 11:19 pm

Varenne 2 Pet Leveling Guide - This strategy is tested and very reliable. It is less dependent on luck than most other strategies.

https://youtu.be/befiZY3chNM
Kindness is contagious.

Threewolves

Post by Threewolves » April 15th, 2018, 11:26 pm

Darkmoon Faire 2 Pet Leveling Guide - includes both pet battles - https://youtu.be/OHh1ce1kJjs
Last edited by Threewolves on April 20th, 2018, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kindness is contagious.

Threewolves

Post by Threewolves » April 15th, 2018, 11:27 pm

Crysa 2 Pet leveling guide - This pet battle has a rare chance to drop an Albino Buzzard.

https://youtu.be/OGZhiO5ZXsk
Last edited by Threewolves on April 20th, 2018, 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kindness is contagious.

Threewolves

Post by Threewolves » April 15th, 2018, 11:28 pm

Beasts of Burden: Fastest 2 Pet Leveling Guide - This may be the fastest way to level pets in World of Warcraft at around 30 seconds per battle vs. Rydyr(repeating) when it's pet battle bonus week. Super Squirt may be a close 2nd though. - https://youtu.be/GTSKq2uCV9k
Last edited by Threewolves on April 20th, 2018, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kindness is contagious.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » April 15th, 2018, 11:36 pm

OK, so I just watched a few of your videos. Here's how they strike me.

First, there is no horrible aspect to them. :) Most people making their first stab at YouTube videos have at least one thing that is completely bad and wrong - music, voice, volume mix, frame rate, editing, intro, something - but there is no such problem in these videos, so you have a solid technical basis for creating more content.

Second, they're clear and competent. You present your information very well, It's clearly laid out. You are showing the information on screen as you go, you speak clearly.

Third, they're not very entertaining. You may be in the business of presenting information, but YouTube is a medium that sucks its audience in because they are happy enough to spend a few minutes nodding along, even when they don't need to.

Just to check my intuition on this, I watched your Durian video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNrB2uNe67s alongside the Hazelnuttygames version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA2PA_zmfFM to break out the differences. Now, it's not really a fair comparison, because she is a very experienced YouTuber, but I think if you isolate each element of your video vs. hers it may suggest some ideas about presentation and framing.

And now what I see as your biggest problem: the content itself. Or perhaps the timing of the content might be a better way of looking at it. Legion is over, and the pet battlers and collectors who read these forums are either already doing these battles every day for charms, or have already got everything they want to out of them. Hazelnutty and Cymre Jones have how-to videos available, and a search for Durian Strongfruit https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=durian+strongfruit gives me 997 videos. There is no possible way to get people excited about a new video dealing with this content.

Almost harder to overcome than the datedness of the content is the fact that the core information about these strategies is better presented to an experienced battler in text, and Aranesh over at XuFu's does an incredible job of keeping on top of known strategies and presenting them in a way easy to integrate with Rematch. You can't really compete with that. Perhaps adding text below your video description with the pets, breeds and directions that a viewer could copy and paste into their Notes field might add a bit of value?

That is not to say that videos aren't worth doing. Less-involved battlers who don't suck a strat in in a few seconds often find videos a great way to absorb the information. That, btw, is to my mind the thing that Hazelnutty does very well. Even though I could whip up a dozen strats for any of those battles on the spot myself, I'm happy enough to spend three minutes just nodding along because it's pleasant.

What would I suggest for you?

For a start, keep going! The more content creators we have, the better. You have a method down pat. You can no doubt learn some techniques to improve your entertainment factor, if you're interested in that.

After that, it's about what you want to do.

Basic two-pet strategies are a dime a dozen, certainly at this stage of the expansion. You can and should keep going with them, though, with an eye to practicing your presentation and skills.

You'll be eaten alive in PvP unless you really know your stuff.

Guides for getting pets? Your Pebble guide again showed that you can present the content clearly, and that's something newcomers to the field might appreciate. The problem is that off the top of my head I can't think of any interesting cases. There's Uuna but that's been done to death recently.

It's just hard to find subjects for interesting content at the moment, since we're in the doldrums at the end of the expansion, and everything has been done.

If you can score a Beta key, there will be a rich vein of new content when Blizzard unveil the new pets in Battle for Azeroth, and that would obviously be a great opportunity.

Anyway, I wish you luck, and I hope you find a vein of content that you are interested in and can pursue. :)

Threewolves

Post by Threewolves » April 16th, 2018, 12:07 am

Thank you so much for such kind and constructive feedback! I really appreciate that you took the time to make such thoughtful suggestions and reply here. I'm nowhere near the league Hazzlenutty is in! She's awesome. Both in terms of what she does for the WoW community informationally, but also she has such a wonderfully bubbly watchable personality. I try to make these videos current because as more and more pets become available some of the known strategies can be improved a bit in terms of speed/reliability/complexity. The Durian Strongfruit videos you compared are a perfect example(thx for the link btw). The video I posted here is an improvement on known strategies because it allows for a lower level pet(2+) to be leveled with a faster battle. I don't really care so much about how many views I get. I'm not an entertaining personality. To me, it's more about just trying to be part of the wow community in a constructive way. I'm an old retired guy making these for fun/sharing. I'm not used to using my own voice for narrating these though. My whole career was related to professional video production. I was always behind the scenes. However, these videos have helped me get back up to speed with some of the amazing new video production software, while doing something productive at the same time...or almost productive. I only have 1200+ PVP wins under my belt, so a long way to get the 5k achievement. I read your post carefully and will heed your advice as much as I can. Thanks again.
Last edited by Threewolves on April 16th, 2018, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kindness is contagious.

Threewolves

Post by Threewolves » April 16th, 2018, 12:40 am

Environeer Bert? The below strategy is a long battle. Does anyone have a leveling battle for this guy that's quicker or an improvement in any way?

Crazy Carrot - 2,2,2
Gleamhoof Fawn or Fawn - 1,2,1
Any level 6+.

Turn 1 Bash – M-37 comes in
Turns 2+ Ironbark until M-37 is dead
Corporal Hammer comes in
Turn 1 Bash – Clamp comes in
Turn 2 Aged Yolk
Turn 3 Swap to your Gleamhoof Fawn. Important: Remember which spell is used by Clamp in this round!
Turn 4 Nature's Ward
Turn 5 Bleat
Turns 6-8 Did Clamp use Drill Charge during Turn 3?
Yes: Hoof => Swap to your Level Pet => Swap back to Gleamhoof Fawn
No: Swap to your Level Pet => Swap back to Gleamhoof Fawn => Hoof
Turn 9 Nature's Ward
Turn 10 Bleat
Repeat the following rotation until Clamp is dead:
Turn 1 Hoof
Turn 2 Hoof
Turn 3 Hoof
Turn 4 Nature's Ward
Turn 5 Bleat
Corporal Hammer comes in
Turn 1 If Nature's Ward has less than 3 rounds left, refresh it
Otherwise use Bleat if available or Hoof – your Crazy Carrot is then forced in
Turn 2 Ironbark – your Gleamhoof Fawn is forced in
Turn 3 Bleat if available, otherwise Nature's Ward – your Crazy Carrot is forced in
Turn 4 Bash
Turn 5 Ironbark
Turn 6 Ironbark – your Gleamhoof Fawn is forced in
Turn 7 Bleat if available, otherwise Nature's Ward – your Crazy Carrot is forced in
Turn 8 Ironbark – your Gleamhoof Fawn is forced in
Turn 9 Bleat if available, otherwise Nature's Ward – your Crazy Carrot is forced in
Turn 10 Bash
Turn 11 Ironbark
Turn 12 Ironbark – your Gleamhoof Fawn is forced in
Turn 13 Hoof – your Crazy Carrot is forced in
Turn 14 Ironbark
Last edited by Threewolves on April 20th, 2018, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kindness is contagious.

Threewolves

Post by Threewolves » April 16th, 2018, 9:29 pm

2018 World of Warcraft: Xorvasc: Family Familiar: Flock Together: 2 Pet Leveling Guide

This video demonstrates how to complete a "Flock Together" segment of the "Family Familiar" achievement doing the Xorvasc World Quest in Val'sharah using an all flying family team with a 2 pet leveling strategy.

https://youtu.be/yvvuCPQOZuo
Last edited by Threewolves on April 20th, 2018, 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kindness is contagious.

Ovak
Pet Score:1783
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Ovak » April 17th, 2018, 3:22 pm

Threewolves wrote:Darkmoon Faire 2 Pet Leveling Guide - includes both pet battles - https://youtu.be/OHh1ce1kJjs

Oh man I just watched this. I had a team to take them both down but only had a leveling team for the guy with the cow ( lol i forget name )

Now I'll have one for both

Threewolves

Post by Threewolves » April 17th, 2018, 7:50 pm

Ovak wrote:
Threewolves wrote:Darkmoon Faire 2 Pet Leveling Guide - includes both pet battles - https://youtu.be/OHh1ce1kJjs

Oh man I just watched this. I had a team to take them both down but only had a leveling team for the guy with the cow ( lol i forget name )

Now I'll have one for both
Hey Ovak, thanks for checking it out. Hope it helps you. Those battles are great leveling XP. Maybe even a chance to get the Syd pet to drop from Christoph. Good luck.
Kindness is contagious.

Threewolves

Post by Threewolves » April 19th, 2018, 3:50 am

This video demonstrates how to complete the World of Warcraft Pet Battle achievement "Tiny Terrors in Tanaan" using 2 pet leveling strategies to defeat all 15 Fel-corrupted pets in the Tanaan Jungle area of Draenor.
Time links are provided in the description for the complete Fel-Corrupted pet circuit map and each individual pet battle.

These pet battles have a chance to drop Nightmare Bell, Periwinkle Calf, Seaborn Spore, and Zangar Spore battle pets.

https://youtu.be/l_8r322zqHc
Kindness is contagious.

Threewolves

Post by Threewolves » April 19th, 2018, 5:57 pm

2018 World of Warcraft: Nightwatcher Merayl 2 Pet Leveling Guide - This strategy allows for any 500+ Health leveling pet.

https://youtu.be/CJA4_UyZ36g
Last edited by Threewolves on April 20th, 2018, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kindness is contagious.

Threewolves

Post by Threewolves » April 20th, 2018, 5:49 am

With some suggestions from Brawler over on the WoW Pet Battle forum I worked on the strat for Environeer Bert a bit more. Not a leveling strat but worth sharing I guess for anyone trying to get Dibbler.

Pandaren Fire Spirit 1/2/2
Fel Flame 1/2/1
Lava Crab 1/1/1

Turn 1 Flamethrower
Forced Swap to Fel Flame.
Turn 1 Conflagrate
Forced Swap to Pandaren Fire Spirit.
Turn 1 Flamethrower
Forced Swap to Fel Flame.
Turn 1 Burn
Forced Swap to Pandaren Fire Spirit.
Turn 1 Burn