Unborn Val'kyr

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Saoirsemishler
Pet Score:6282
Realm:Shandris-us
Unborn Val'kyr

Post by Saoirsemishler » March 15th, 2018, 4:18 pm

This pet has eluded me for 2 years now; I am interested in buying for gold /or/ other transaction, however it works :)

My battle tag is saoirseheart#1247

Thanks for any help

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Unborn Val'kyr

Post by GilroyKilroy » March 15th, 2018, 5:12 pm

Alas it cannot be caged.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » March 16th, 2018, 2:13 am

Correct; it can't be caged. You have to find and battle it yourself.

However, this really isn't a thing any more. I certainly spent long enough camping my first Valk, but the spawn was changed a while ago.

I believe there should now be one up at all times in each relevant zone, with a respawn of just a few minutes, and there are only a handful of points in each zone.

I wanted to collect a Polymorphed Valk, so just a week or so ago I headed off to Grizzly Hills, on a Medium server. There the Valk was, at the third spawn point I checked. The whole exercise didn't take me 10 minutes.

There are only 3 spawn points in Grizzly Hills.

https://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/undead/miscellaneous/unborn-val-kyr/
Choose Location and then Grizzly Hills to see them.

Try going there right now. I'm sure you will have one in half an hour. :)

Cyberninja
MVP
Pet Score:11058
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Cyberninja » March 17th, 2018, 6:05 am

What the heck is a polymorphed Valk?

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » March 17th, 2018, 11:43 am

If you Polymorph or Hex a pet, and then capture it, it retains its altered shape when summoned, even though it battles normally as its own species. Shhh, if we make too much noise, the Fun Detector may be alerted, and then the gods may reverse the effect.

Nachtblau
Pet Score:8328
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Nachtblau » March 20th, 2018, 4:42 pm

I helped some guildies get their Unborn Valkyrs a few weeks ago, and my impression was that the UVs spawned clockwise every 20-30 minutes.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » March 22nd, 2018, 8:19 am

Normally there are only 3 spawn points per zone to look for, but since this is from an earlier expansion, one thing to watch out for is phasing. In particular 2 of the 3 Icecrown spots can have multiple phases and the valk can spawn in any of them, which makes it difficult to collect in that zone. I recently ran into this when I found it at the SE spawn of Icecrown and alerted a guildie. They couldn't see it at all. I had done all the Icecrown quests while their character had never been there before. We later found a different one in Howling Fjord (as mentioned above, very good spawn times now).
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » April 9th, 2018, 1:35 pm

Hi,

I've had the best luck finding this pet for myself and my friend, in Crystalsong. There are only 2 spots and these are easy to check now and then, and you just have to be prepared to fight ... before someone else gets there.

It was much more of an issue a while back, when it was a random pop divided up between any of the zones, but that appears to be gone, and I have seen the UV in two zones on the same flight path (not the regular flight, but going in various directions).

I have kept both of them, btw, since they are different and they come in quite handy together. There are a couple of others where the difference in them is worth having. The Iron Starlette (for example) is the other one, and they like to play soccer with the Twins in Stormheim!

Threewolves
Pet Score:5109
Realm:Dentarg-us

Post by Threewolves » April 16th, 2018, 3:23 am

The first time I ever tried to capture one of these it committed suicide rather than join my collection. I kid you not.
Kindness is contagious.

Stark
Top Rater
Pet Score:7569
BattleTag®:Eve#1598
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Stark » April 16th, 2018, 9:36 pm

Gráinne wrote:If you Polymorph or Hex a pet, and then capture it, it retains its altered shape when summoned, even though it battles normally as its own species. Shhh, if we make too much noise, the Fun Detector may be alerted, and then the gods may reverse the effect.
So you're telling me I can get flying types and turn them into Frogs, Rabbits or whatever poly I have on my mage... That's seriously fricking awesome how did I not know of this?!
Threewolves wrote:The first time I ever tried to capture one of these it committed suicide rather than join my collection. I kid you not.
Fun fact if you use any addon that shows a moveset you can challenge the Val'kyr see if it has Unholy Ascension and if it does run and restart the match. It's movesets are randomized so rinse and repeat until Val'kyr has haunt and just make sure not to not kill the other pets while Val'kyr is haunting your pets or it dies.

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » April 17th, 2018, 2:37 am

Stark wrote:
Gráinne wrote:If you Polymorph or Hex a pet, and then capture it, it retains its altered shape when summoned, even though it battles normally as its own species. Shhh, if we make too much noise, the Fun Detector may be alerted, and then the gods may reverse the effect.
So you're telling me I can get flying types and turn them into Frogs, Rabbits or whatever poly I have on my mage... That's seriously fricking awesome how did I not know of this?!
Yes, it is really amusing, especially when you Summon them to follow you. :)

Just be sure to Poly the lead pet before you start the battle! I forgot once for a Hare, and had to camp awhile to find another S/S.

The effect only became possible in 7.3.5, when the devs created it for Uuna, a companion that could change forms at different stages of the storyline, and retain the new form reliably. Jeremy Feasel mentioned that they now have that tech and might use it again for other pets.

Also, I believe they changed Valks to no longer suicide, but they're so easy to get now, it's no longer a big deal anyway.